help on dc5r offset

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
anyone knoes wuts the best offset rim for dc5r aka integra ? and to prevent hitting my brembo calliper ..
the original 17" was +60 ..
newbie here ! :smokin:
thx in advance !

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
what do you mean by best offset?

as long as your next wheel offset is similar if not, a little more negative, the wheel spoke and overall clearance from the inside of the wheel can clear the calipers, there shouldn't be a problem.

if there's slight clearance issue, or if you're looking for a perfect offset, then some spacers would help.

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
what do you mean by best offset?

as long as your next wheel offset is similar if not, a little more negative, the wheel spoke and overall clearance from the inside of the wheel can clear the calipers, there shouldn't be a problem.

if there's slight clearance issue, or if you're looking for a perfect offset, then some spacers would help.
means my nex rims shud be a lil negative to my current +60 offset ?
or as long as theres a space to clear the calipers, shud be fine n the offset doesnt matters.

actually i dont c any rims set of +60 for my point of view .. n asked around the tyres shop around my area for the perfect offset figure n no one knew bout it.
n a lil concern bout safety than the good lookin rims around.

KhonBaRot1

Nov 20, 2008
just my own thinking : a rim is a rim, u got the right size, pcd and hole count, its ready to go.
still, for safety, use coned spacer instead of the normal one. another thing, try out different spacer thickness, to make sure the rubber wont scrape on the inside ( the absorbers for instance) and the outside( the body ).
to a lot of guys that i know, clearance on the inside is the most important. if the rubber will still scrape the chassis after the best possible adjustments with the spacers, a tyre jack would do the trick to create more space between the rubber and the mudguard, instead of "knocking the mudguard".

honestly, not many of us ever discussed offset during fitting in new rims...:rolleyes:

Stylites-x

1,000 RPM
Feb 13, 2006
thx to tom n barot for those useful advice ..
really appreciate it :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just wanna share my new and low cost diy.. :itsme:

Bought this mini portable 3g/4g wifi router and plan to fix permanently inside my cockpit

Next process, dismantle

Make a panel cover for coin drawer slot. Later will cut to make hole for USB port...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience