Gearbox Problem Nissan Sentra N16

Jul 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Update, a friend of mine was having the same problem with his sentra 2007, yesterday to buy the additive and the problem fixed.

The plan now to follow instruction, for 1st time use, after 1000 miles (approx. 1600 km) drain all the fluid and replace with new ATF + the additive again then for future change subsequently as normal at 20K km.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

i able to get two bottles from Brothers balakong. No need goto PJ.
So any news? What happens to yours? I heard that if you remove the filter and if you find shiny metal chips on the stick on the magnet then yours is consider major and need to seek for expert advise maybe major overhaul required. If the fluid is just having dark colour it's still okay.

Oct 28, 2014
penang
Hello Brother,

I having the same problem with my sentra N16 automatic gear box,when the enjin is cool,is slip slip to free gear when shifting from second to third gear,when the engin is hot,no problem at all,i check with mechanic ,he ask me the change the gear box cost me 3k plus plus.i would like to try out the method,but i cant get the K amp W TRANS X SLIP STOP amp LEAK FIX at penang area,anybody know
where i can this at penang area?

kkyen

Known Member
Feb 2, 2004
selayang
Hi guys, where can I get this lubeguard platinum additive from klang valley? Need to try this for my N16 too. Thx

Feb 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I wanna share my experience.

I was also facing to a same problem. At the morning from P to D or 2 needed to wait up to 3 min for engaging the gear.

I used the K&W trans-X and the gear engage with NO DELAY.

Try it, guys.
any way it cost me 25 RM on FEB 6 at PJ 3.099761, 101.640937

May 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
man, i finally solve my morning gb lag problem that had been troubling me for a year.

Same symptoms, every morning shift to D and waited 30sec, then 1min, 2min, 3min and got longer and more often as long as i stop the car between day time (nissan grand livina 1.8 auto). Tried replacing ATF, transmission flush with no luck. Tried with Lubegard platinum (both red cap and black bottle) still don't help (these things are expensive Rm90 each). Almost given up and go with gearbox change, finally got to know this k&w trans-x (RM25/each), pour into my gb, start the engine and a drive, still lag. Stop the engine and waited for an hour later, restart engine and try to engage D, and WoW...i got the instant response from the gb. It has been 2 days after using k&w and the gb lag problem disappeared completely. i bought it from the same sparepart shop near PJ hilton. Will definitely go back and buy more in my next ATF change. Thanks CMCT0819 for sharing!!

111rc

May 7, 2006
I am a Nissan Sentra car owner with a similar gearbox problem, I have recently (on my last car service) used the K&W Trans-X automatic Transmission Slip-Stop & Leak Fix by CRC Industries after recommended by my regular mechanic. But the gb problem still persist and I am now trying the Lubegard Platinum.

My question is, is it okay to just replace these additives one on top of another, though I have drained the old oil (without replacing with a new oil filter since it was just replaced on my last oil change).

Can anyone kindly reply.

Jay

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I am a Nissan Sentra car owner with a similar gearbox problem, I have recently (on my last car service) used the K&W Trans-X automatic Transmission Slip-Stop & Leak Fix by CRC Industries after recommended by my regular mechanic. But the gb problem still persist and I am now trying the Lubegard Platinum.

My question is, is it okay to just replace these additives one on top of another, though I have drained the old oil (without replacing with a new oil filter since it was just replaced on my last oil change).

Can anyone kindly reply.

Jay
Using another additive is just trying your luck only. Should have added for protection rather than to cure.
Anyway, even when you do a pan drop oil change of the ATF there are still oil in the hoses, torque converter, etc. Since already having problem with the gear box just do the drop oil change and add the Lube Guard additives to see if it helps.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Can anyone kindly reply.

Jay
How long ago was the filter changed? 20k km? 40k km? If 40, time to change a new one. I would prefer you to completely flush out the old oil and fill with fresh oil.