URGENT! Gearbox problem

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
I just changed my clutch, and after changing, the gear is very difficult to change from neutral to any gear when the engine is cold. It was like i didnt press enough of the clutch. I could force it after a few minutes the engine warm up. More like more than 5 minutes. But still difficult. Found out the firewall and clutch pedal welding broke already. So sent to workshop for welding. Problem solved. But after 2 days happen again. Called the mechanic he asked to try change gear oil first and try again.

When the foreman adjust the clutch, he said if he set the clutch to be short, the gear cannot engage. SO he set about half pedal (malay ppl say clutch pendek/panjang). But when the engine is cold, the clutch became short, and after sometime it became long.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Before changing clutch i got no problem.

p/s: bought the car 2nd hand, so previous owner have changed the clutch. And the car was originally an auto, converted to manual. BMW E36 with 1jz-gte engine

kuntauasli

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
did u buy red bmw from ampang? I think the root cause of this problem is coming from custom made clutch housing..juz my 2cent.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
did u buy red bmw from ampang? I think the root cause of this problem is coming from custom made clutch housing..juz my 2cent.
yes bro. U know the car? u mean the clutch housing that houses the clutch cover, clutch disk, etc ? as in this picture ?

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
btw, i have solved the gear hard to engage when cold problem. Sekali the clutch pump rosak. Reverse gear maybe synchro kong so need to take it out to check.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifus,

is the Petrol injector cleaner really useful to old car? any review from sifus?

is it recommend to use on 9 yrs car?

many thanks :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience