Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
VR, which area in pj u staying?
PJ Old Town loh! That is Section 1 itself.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

SF,
yes it is compulsory for me to buy the baked salt chicken when in ipoh.
Just bought last week......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Also the Soya Bean :rofl:
They shifted to behind shop. Bigger place, half shop. Last time a small quarter shop palce. I search for the pictures later....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

the soya bean not worth lining up...long que Ooo....
Don't line up in your car. We were walking around. By foot they serve immediately. We drank there, then came back later to ta pao also.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Also Ipoh Leng lui? :rofl:

I like the salted chicken but not the "min pau kai" (chicken in bread). It's just normal curry chicken and bread. Same like you have curry chicken in one hand and gardenia in the other
Ipoh got plenty of leng lui, but hidden at home probably. My ex-colleague is Ipoh mali one, ask her what good to eat, she say come home eat mom's cooking.....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Ipoh Leng Lui can't tapao back, have to dine in when it is hot :rofl:

Chicken in bread that one in Sungai buloh near Valencia there got one chinese restaurant not bad.

Very fast one, I line up straight can get it already. Always sold out if late. They open in the morning
if not wrong then open till they sold all according to their signboard on business hours :rofl:
Yup, sign say business hours 8am sampai habis.......:banghead::biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Haha yawor most of the Ipoh Leng lui seems hiding...hardly can see Ipoh locals except in the morning kopitiam.

The soya bean and taufufah drive through you guys are talking about? I went there few months ago...walk in..waited for about 10minutes to be served coz really many people and many cars lined up. Only managed to try their tau fu fah. Dint try their soya bean coz already damn full that time wakakaka

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha yawor most of the Ipoh Leng lui seems hiding...hardly can see Ipoh locals except in the morning kopitiam.

The soya bean and taufufah drive through you guys are talking about? I went there few months ago...walk in..waited for about 10minutes to be served coz really many people and many cars lined up. Only managed to try their tau fu fah. Dint try their soya bean coz already damn full that time wakakaka
Soya bean drink is good. Of course fresh so much better then packet ones.
Last time my favorite for packet Soya bean was Home Soy, now is V-Soy Multi Grain.....:driver:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Last time my favorite for packet Soya bean was Home Soy, now is V-Soy Multi Grain.....:driver:
Home soy is quite sweet don't you think so? They have organic ones but more expensive. RM5 like that for a liter of paper pack. Vitamilk is also not bad.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Home soy is quite sweet don't you think so? They have organic ones but more expensive. RM5 like that for a liter of paper pack. Vitamilk is also not bad.
I don't refrigerate the packet, but leave at room temperature. Then when want to drink just pour into glass of ice cube, then just nice.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes V-Soy Multi Grain is good, so far the best packet/bottled soya bean drink.
Usually I prefer pasar malam ones than packet ones. But V-Soy is real good. But expensive.

Its looks hungry to be here... i want to know how to do that recipe.
Yup, if only we visit this thread when we are hungry :rofl:

You can google it up about this shop, I think some blogs did state how they did it with some herbs added
to the chicken then they put salt on it and wrap it in an oil paper. Put it in the oven and let it baked.

Seems easy. My gf mum did once before. It taste as good but just a bit salty :rofl:

I don't refrigerate the packet, but leave at room temperature. Then when want to drink just pour into glass of ice cube, then just nice.....:biggrin:
Ya, own ice cube :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes V-Soy Multi Grain is good, so far the best packet/bottled soya bean drink.
Usually I prefer pasar malam ones than packet ones. But V-Soy is real good. But expensive.

Yup, if only we visit this thread when we are hungry :rofl:

You can google it up about this shop, I think some blogs did state how they did it with some herbs added
to the chicken then they put salt on it and wrap it in an oil paper. Put it in the oven and let it baked.

Seems easy. My gf mum did once before. It taste as good but just a bit salty :rofl:

Ya, own ice cube :biggrin:
Yup, V-soy almost double the price....:banghead:

As for the salted chicken, I actually tried a few other shops. A bit difficult to compare because one time this shop, another time another shop, but to me all quite good, almost same quality...:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, V-soy almost double the price....:banghead:

As for the salted chicken, I actually tried a few other shops. A bit difficult to compare because one time this shop, another time another shop, but to me all quite good, almost same quality...:biggrin:
Hard to tell the difference because is just salty :rofl:
Just what type of Salt they use :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Rock salt and I think they bake in it.....
Ya, seems like just rub salt on the chicken as well or something. Didnt really see my gf mum
do it.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Got herb also, tong kwai or something like that....
Yup, herb, tong kwai, Oo Kwai, and whatever kwai. :rofl:

Any food to post? LOL!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, herb, tong kwai, Oo Kwai, and whatever kwai. :rofl:

Any food to post? LOL!
I got some pictures but no time to download yet.....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

SF, u eat tong kwai meh? i tot thats for women only, they drink during their menstrual cycle....
u got period ah? :biggrin:
ha! ha! you also know your stuff, but can eat also especially when cook with something. Not say cannot eat or only for girls.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF, u eat tong kwai meh? i tot thats for women only, they drink during their menstrual cycle....
u got period ah? :biggrin:
No la, we guys also need to "po" replenish ma :rofl:

We dont lose a lot of blood but energy and something else when our
home ministers need it :rofl:

I got some pictures but no time to download yet.....:rolleyes:

ha! ha! you also know your stuff, but can eat also especially when cook with something. Not say cannot eat or only for girls.....:biggrin:
Ya ya, but actually I dun even know how tong kwai look like, if is just herb soup, I just drink.
To me I just comment taste good or bad LOL!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Okay finally got some pictures unloaded. That week you all had Dyno TT, I was up North.

Ipoh

You always find Penang Char Kway Teow, Ipoh Hor Fun in KL. Look what I saw in Ipoh.....
KL Noodles.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

This place sells good Tau Sah Peah with meat floss. This shop specialty.
Bought before, but that day when I was there waiting list. Have to wait for an hour to hour and half so we left with any....:banghead::mad:

This shop outside on main road. The road before this shop, if turn right go to Lou Wong Chicken Rice

The biscuit they sell.....:top:

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Funny Mountain Soya Bean.
They have shifted from their very small shop to one that is bigger. The brown color door on the right is the old shop

Behind shop only. All about location.....The cars are queuing up to buy.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

On the next road you get this shop selling good kaya kok (puffs)

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Now to Taiping....

This Cendol is famous in most food blogs so I trail and went there.
Bismillah Cendol

The Cendol is not bad, but I still like the thick Gula Melaka ones from Malacca

Normally they are always together....The Rojak

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Before we left for home, mom in law bought dinner the previous night
Restaurant speciality

French beans

Special Tau Foo dish

Deep Fried Fish in Sweet Sour Sauce

Sea Prawns fried in Salted eggs

This one is Hero. Deep Fried Brinjal (Egg Plant) in batter......This is really good......

All also good or we were so hungry....All finished......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

On the way back to KL, we detour to Tua Alang for Lunch

Looks simple, Cabbage fried with dried shrimps. Restaurant specialty.....

Live River Pak So Kung

Tua Alang Hero. Fresh swimming fresh water prawns

This one cook by steaming

This dish of prawns fried with Salted Eggs

All good, finish everything.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

All the Ipoh, Taiping and Tua Alang shops may be difficult for you to go and find if you are from PJ/KL, so here is Dinner in Kinrara

Kangkung Belacan

Fried Eggs - Cantonese Called Seremban Eggs (Foo Yoong Tan)

One of the Hero - Steam Fish Head in Superior Soup

Another Hero. This Shop famous for. Claypot Curry Fish Head with lots of vegetable and salted fish (Ikan Masin)

As Usual the place I eat so far all Great. This one also finish everything......

Enjoy and become Hungry...........:rofl::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wow...the real food hunter show hand adi :adore: :adore:

We should convoy a trip for food :rofl: lead by vr2turbo.
Strictly for men only :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Kinrara shop nearby only.....Can arrange easily.....:biggrin:
Bro, some of your photos suddenly turn upside down, Due to GE13 even photos are having problems? :rofl:

A Post Every 5 Mins

Watch this video from almost a decade ago, outlining the rise and fall of the supercar era. Jeremy Clarkson carefully highlights what went wrong and slowed down the tide of the supercar fever. Check out what made a car supercar and what was the ultimate supercar according to Clarkson's view. The video is just informational and entertaining like most Clarkson videos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience