4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not serious. Just haven't tailgate you in a very long time.
:thefinger:

When I pick up those Densos I'll be sure to give your car new 'decals'. :thefinger:

Incidentally, I've been on both cars because my friends drive both cars to work. We go lunch everyday and alternate between several cars, one of which is Golf MK6 and the other FD2R. The FD2R may be more spacious internally but that suspension is enough to break bones. The MK6 just wafts along in its more cramped interior but the full leather treatment and awesome dashboard makes up for it la. And you don't need to be screaming to get the torque. I don't think we've ever engaged VTEC long enough to be of any use on our lunch runs. MK6 on the other hand has low end torque and mid end pull, enough to overtake annoying buses and Myvis... to get to our chicken rice faster. :biggrin:

But I don't live with these two cars so I can't comment anymore than what I know from the owners.

Jose

Known Member
Aug 3, 2006
Subang Jaya
Golf TSi MK6 - 7 speed DSG dry clutch - avoid this. famous for mecha failure

Golf GTI MK6 - 6 speed DSG wet Clutch - this is the real deal.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
:thefinger:

When I pick up those Densos I'll be sure to give your car new 'decals'. :thefinger:

Incidentally, I've been on both cars because my friends drive both cars to work. We go lunch everyday and alternate between several cars, one of which is Golf MK6 and the other FD2R. The FD2R may be more spacious internally but that suspension is enough to break bones. The MK6 just wafts along in its more cramped interior but the full leather treatment and awesome dashboard makes up for it la. And you don't need to be screaming to get the torque. I don't think we've ever engaged VTEC long enough to be of any use on our lunch runs. MK6 on the other hand has low end torque and mid end pull, enough to overtake annoying buses and Myvis... to get to our chicken rice faster. :biggrin:

But I don't live with these two cars so I can't comment anymore than what I know from the owners.
You've had cool friends, haha. You're right. GTI's low end torque is more practical for city driving and overtaking in low rpm. FD2R however is like a full fledged track car with all it's function being focused on track/performance use instead of city driving.

GTI can also be said as a dual function car as it can perform on track and be used as a daily car without much hassle. FD2R is more towards a pure track car which sacrifices practical functions and concentrated on performance.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I would consider FD2-R wins hands down. Reliability comes with less cost of maintenance. The following 2 things are always of the most concerned of all, strictly make comparison by reliability and cost.

Engine: K20A wins
Simply because GTI has one more animal under the hood to take care of: the snail

Gearbox: traditional manual transmission wins, ie FD2-R
Though not the fastest, but it is the most tested, easiest and cheapest to maintain.

Spare parts: Jap wins.
I think this is very obvious to many. Besides not all mechanics know to handle German cars. But those can repair Jap cars are surely many time more. And Japanese spare parts are easy to source.

Besides, maybe the price parity between RON95 and RON97 makes FD2-R less attractive but I would still say Civic FD2-R is at the top of the chart.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I would consider FD2-R wins hands down. Reliability comes with less cost of maintenance. The following 2 things are always of the most concerned of all, strictly make comparison by reliability and cost.

Simply because GTI has one more animal under the hood to take care of: the snail

Though not the fastest, but it is the most tested, easiest and cheapest to maintain.

I think this is very obvious to many. Besides not all mechanics know to handle German cars. But those can repair Jap cars are surely many time more. And Japanese spare parts are easy to source.

Besides, maybe the price parity between RON95 and RON97 makes FD2-R less attractive but I would still say Civic FD2-R is at the top of the chart.
The other downside of the FD2R is the comfort as the ride is very stiff.

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
With all the talks of DSG mecha failure.. just wondering.. how much to repair/replace if no more warranty?

Malaysia got no mechatronic sifu to fix? like replacing the solenoid instead of the whole unit?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban

haha bro, it should fall under insect category.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do anyone here knows where i can get piezoelectric material? Not piezoelectric component. i need to wrap around the fuel injector pipe so that i can get the signal of the injector?

or something similar
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience