Wing Hin Autohaus Launches the New Mk7 Golf R

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
ZTH invited me to the launch of the new mk7 Golf R at Wing Hin Autohaus over the weekend. The organizers also invited current Golf R owners to join in the fun.

Here are some of the shots that I took during the launch event. :biggrin:

Exterior Shots

Interior shots

Close up shots

The hosts and models

The Golf R is powered by a 2.0 litre turbocharged and direct injection 4 cylinder engine, which produces 280 PS from 5,700rpm to 6,200rpm. Torque is rated at 380 Nm and is available from a low 1,750rpm to 5,600rpm. All Golf R models are equipped with Volkswagen's 4Motion all-wheel-drive system and a 6 speed DSG gearbox. The century sprint is done in 5 seconds.

The mk7 Golf R features a more aggressive looks overall, with smoked LED tail lights, adaptive bi-xenon head lights with DRL and a functional quad exhaust. Both variants will be featuring the "Cadiz" rims, but the 3 door model's rims will be 18", while the 5 door model gets 19" rims as standard.

Safety for both models include anti-lock braking system (ABS), brake assist (BA), anti-theft alarm system, ISOFIX mounts for the child seats, curtain airbags for the front and rear passengers, dual airbags for both front passengers including a knee airbag for the driver, dual front side airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and a multi-collision brake system. The Golf R is rated with a 5 star EuroNCAP crash test rating as well.

The 5 door models adds the Tech Pack as standard. The Tech Pack adds a 12 way adjustable driver's seat, adjustable front center armrest with rear air vents, cruise control, an 8" TFT touchscreen display with navigation, Dynamic Chassis Control with driving profile selection, "Kessy" keyless locking and starting system, a panoramic sunroof, rain sensor, rear reverse camera and Vienna leather seats with R stitchings on the backrest.

Prices (OTR) starts from RM247,060 for the 3 door model, while it costs RM287,060 for the 5 door model. Both prices do not include insurance.

Enjoy the pics!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

As we all know there's lots of different alarm systems and also immoblisers or tracking systems, or in Captor's case tracking & recovery.
I work for Captor, and was wondering what the feedback is from you guys about it? What have you heard/know etc. Read a lot of bullshit in here about various sytems, true and not true. So if I can I'll give you some facts to counter that ;-)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience