engine 4g63 evo3 running without turbo

noorbi

Dec 16, 2004
Kota Bharu
hi to all zth forumers. first of all i am sorry for my poor English.
my friend just bought this car from his pomen
subject: proton putra with engine 4g63 2000cc running without turbo (endorse 2000cc since 2002)
condition: stock standard engine 4g63 internal and external
setup:
- no turbo or intercooler :stupid:
- no oil cooler
- ecu evo2 with chip hks kansai rechip for save fuel and rpm cut at 9700rpm
- safc2
- N/A header with 2 inch piping with trompet mufler, without centre bullet.
- evo3 gear box lock 2wd
what he is facing is :
- high fuel consumption. 1 tank 360km.:bawling:
- no hujung or top speed lambat although it can reach 173km/j (reading at GPS):mad:
- pick up quite good with 0 km/j to 100km/j in 6 second..shift gear at 9000rpm:love:
my question is:
1) pro and contra to running with this setup.
2) what is estimate hp with this setup
3) what to do for this engine to be better N/A...what i know is change to smaller injector and high compression piston. what intector cc? what piston?
4) what performance turbocharge is suitable for stock internal (except TD05H...of course is the best) because he intent to BOT if it is the best way.
kindly contribute your experiences and ideas.
tq

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
kansai chip saves fuel? lol, i never tot id hear dat line in a zillion years..

so, its a 63 na ler then? looking at the acceleration time, i strongly think dat its an amg tuned 63.

2. since he already has an safc2 installed in, a smaller capacity injectors arent needed sir, just use the current set and get it tuned on a loaded dyno ie dyno dynamics. dat wud add more power and saves fuel at the same time, provided he drives sensibly, lol

2 (again? lol). if he doesnt wanna change the internals, then a smaller charger then a tdo5h can be used; td04L comes to mind for a more responsive ride

noorbi

Dec 16, 2004
Kota Bharu
kansai chip saves fuel? lol, i never tot id hear dat line in a zillion years..
i saw the chip wrote by hand writing on sticker and stick on top of chip. pomen said this chip was retune at bangkok

picture of engine bay attached

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dats an original 2liter 63 sir, iam not sure if its the amg version though. performance is good though

iam not calling out bluff sir, its just i never imagined dat kansai wud tune for saving fuel

noorbi

Dec 16, 2004
Kota Bharu
original 2liter 63 from half cut. not an AMG version.

2. since he already has an safc2 installed in, a smaller capacity injectors arent needed sir, just use the current set and get it tuned on a loaded dyno ie dyno dynamics. dat wud add more power and saves fuel at the same time, provided he drives sensibly, lol
will go for dyno tune soon, but here in my hometown only got 1 dyno machine... maybe wideband tunning on the road is other choice.

what about no hujung. anytime it can be tapau by smaller cc engine at top speed.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
4g63 without T, rugi betui..so many ppl want 4g63T but jpj dun allow, this owner dowan pulak..lol..personal preference i call it..

noorbi

Dec 16, 2004
Kota Bharu
yes, agree with you. that why he asking for forums an opinion pro and contra, whether to stick with N/A or plug in a turbine, maybe td05h code 47 or maybe garett ar60 with some modification by Tong Turbo or put some ummph by installing gt35 with some internal strength.

picture of car attached

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site

will go for dyno tune soon, but here in my hometown only got 1 dyno machine... maybe wideband tunning on the road is other choice.

what about no hujung. anytime it can be tapau by smaller cc engine at top speed.
you say yur 'kansai' chip tuned to save fuel and you complain abt no 'hujung'.
but how much 'hujung' you wan bro?
you wan 'hujung' always not enuff ler. schumacher oso complain his car not fast enuff wor.. :biggrin:

i'd stick with n/a, re-tune that 2.0 16V to perform above average, will oso mean less prob (read:complicated) fer you in the future. can daily & save fuel oso. Putra is relatively light car. stock 1.8 churns less than 140bhp atw, if you got that 2.0 of yours to kick out 160bhp, you're car's power-to weight ratio is improved edi

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

id blame it on the tuning sir, or the zorst not done properly. tune it on the road if u cant access a loaded dyno machine sir, u need load when tuning is done for it to be suitable on the road

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Very rare indeed if bought from chop shop.What I know there is rvr 2.0 na look similar with this.As we all know rvr doent have any distributor unit there but it can be modified to use evo wiring n cam.To confirm more about this engine,please check what piston type that this engine are using n please check the head marking on the head n the camshaft.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
last weekend a wira with 4g47 N/A getting a good result in rally-sprint at melacca...high torque engine...quite good..especially on twisties stages...(evena 2liter turbo 4wd with anti-lag loose to 1.6 N/A with close ratio+dog box LSD satria) :adore:

p/s:the owner counter the worsen understeer by using wider and softer compound front tyre :biggrin:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
last weekend a wira with 4g47 N/A getting a good result in rally-sprint at melacca...high torque engine...quite good..especially on twisties stages...(evena 2liter turbo 4wd with anti-lag loose to 1.6 N/A with close ratio+dog box LSD satria) :adore:

p/s:the owner counter the worsen understeer by using wider and softer compound front tyre :biggrin:
i think from personal experience a n/a is definitely a better handler in corners
but its hard to believe 4wd 2.0 turbo lost to a 2wd(i asummed) 1.6 n/a
but then again with a bit of luck and perhaps a bit of bad driving it could have happened
but also no disrespect to the 1.6 n/a im not downplaying its win but from my personal experience i dont think its possible
but then again the world of motorsports is crazy :rofl:
but i guess thats what makes it exciting :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton Gen 2 Front Position Headlight Bulb Replacement

Tool:
1.Multimeter - 1 unit (for testing)
2.Replacement bulb- 1 unit
Duration: 15-20 minute

Procedure
1. Open up the front hood of your car.
2. Reach your hand to the back of the head light.
3. The low beam head light is at the lower part.

4. Twist the bulb socket...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience