N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
Eibach sucks

Eibach pro kit for putra.
Front - 2 fingers.
Rear - 5 fingers.

Just after a week, the front started to give "ekkkk ekkkkkk" sound on the driver side whenever i pass through road bumps or uneven road. And what's more? The ABS light also blinks occasionally (wheel touching the ABS wire until it hurts). I went to tyre shop and asked them to put rubber. But the annoying sound is still there. Dunno whether the Monroe absorber already kong or not. But there's no sign of any leakage. If i take slightly hard corner to the right, the spring (or maybe wheel) on the passenger side will knock the roof pad (dunno what to call it) & the sound is scary. I need to replace it later.

I'm really disappointed with this so so reputable spring.. Only heard positive feedbacks from this forum but I can't believe it causes me lot of trouble. There goes my money & countless of time I sent the car to do re-align. It leads from one problem to another.. I'm eagerly to revert to stock spring tomorrow. Cannot tahan headaches anymore.. Was hoping & intend to make my ride looks sweeter & perform better, but it actually turn into nightmare :(

Last edited:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
5fingers rear?? dragster stylo?
how was the gapping when you were using your original springs?
eibach supposed to be quite a reputable brand.
maybe its your shocks thats making the noise.
5 fingers rear is kinda high mate. :_:
your absorbers could be the culprit. :regular_smile:

N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
yes. it's higher than stock spring. stock was 4 fingers. i took out rear rubber, so the current height is equal to stock.

don't think the absorber because it's new. i bought the absorbers 2 weeks earlier than the springs. if the sound is really coming from the absorber, this means that the springs damaged it. then.. not worth it to kept the springs. that thing is evil! :angry_smile:

N3T

Oct 29, 2005
Pahang
www.tanyaje.com
By the way, anyone want this eibach spring? :shades_smile:
For wira 1.6/.1.8 & seangkatan.
Selling really cheap. :emoticon_U:

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
when u mount the springs to the absorber .. did u put rubber hose (round ones) to the "mounting" tapak/kaki of the springs?

try that out. cheap alternative. it wont make a sound or any annoying squeeky squeeky.. quek quek sound!

i use gab custom made sports absorber + eibach springs. = excellent!

Dremel

1,000 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Ampng Nrdschlff
Visit site
Mine was like that as I was using it 3 years ago. But back then, I mated it with short strokes Kayaba RS absorber. Both front tires tend to hit the fender when I took corners or going through road humps. The part of fender which closest to the tire dent like nobody business. Used it for only a month and sold it off. The next owner paired it with stock abs (normal stroke) and never complained about it ever since. Till now, I still don't understand why and haven't come out with any explanation either.

After awhile, I've been told that another version of Eibach which being sold by Aerotech should solve this problem. Well, it's just a news. I moved on. lol

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
lowering spring is not meant to go with lowering shocks dude. lowering springs is meant to go with stock height shocks and lowering shocks are meant to go with stock height springs.

N3T,
try for another month. i was told before that a new springs or shocks will be slightly lower after some time. but maybe what khoyos said is worth checking out. it could be an imitation eibach. just a guess...no harm checking. :regular_smile:

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
maybe the suspension system (arm, antiroll, etc) bushes making the sound. as the height lowered now, the bush position may have changed.
spray with silicon lubricating spray?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi forumers,

i have a problem here. last saturday, i kurbed my alloy rim pretty badly...pls advice how to fix it and where?...thx!..:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience