DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If all caps hv been changed then highly possible the culprit is IC 17.
ok thank you. since we do not have this IC17 here. i was thinking of doing a transistor array.

I have the circuir equivalent of the STA...

its 4 NPN general purpose. i found a transistor that have the same specs. i was thinking to put this 4 transistors together and have the pin assignments the same as the IC17

have anyone tried this.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
I use 2x 2SD1415A to replace STA460C before. Direct solder w/o any modification. However, I never have any chance to try this way of replacement on STA413A.
Just FYI, STA413A is 4x high hFE Tr. You can't use any general purpose Tr to replace it. You need a Tr with minimum 500 hFE.

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I use 2x 2SD1415A to replace STA460C before. Direct solder w/o any modification. However, I never have any chance to try this way of replacement on STA413A.
Just FYI, STA413A is 4x high hFE Tr. You can't use any general purpose Tr to replace it. You need a Tr with minimum 500 hFE.
thanks i was not aware that there is a closer part to replace.

how about the TA9803SN

do you know any replacement parts or do you have the datasheet.

cannot locate any of this here.

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
TA8903SN is a 5V regulator with watch dog timer. There is no direct replacement for this item.
If this IC is fail, you will have permanent engine light turning on, with very irritating idling.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Ryand... Stock of Ic17 arrived today..
If u still need them, pm me.

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
TA8903SN is a 5V regulator with watch dog timer. There is no direct replacement for this item.
If this IC is fail, you will have permanent engine light turning on, with very irritating idling.
well engine will not start at all when engine light is on.

@ e-tech pm replied

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

anyone has a block diagram and pin outs of this TA8903SN

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
can i use the auto IC to replace the Vtec IC..
is it ok to remove the auto IC and leave slot empty

i converted it to manual anyway

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
can i use the auto IC to replace the Vtec IC..
is it ok to remove the auto IC and leave slot empty

i converted it to manual anyway
Yes you can take ic15/16 to replace ic13/14. Try 14 first.

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
sifus, having a problem with my ecu (p30).....the car wont start went cold......if hot it's ok......any advise????.....thanks

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
sifus, having a problem with my ecu (p30).....the car wont start went cold......if hot it's ok......any advise????.....thanks
These are signs that ecu going bad. Anyway uv a look in the ecu.
The caps maybe leaking already...

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
a friend gave me an ecu. from what it looks like it was factory with external chip. P70. the extrnal chip. C49 C50 IC etc i know was not done by hand.

the problem is.. some one removed the chip and damaged the board. some one cut J1 using terminals of the SMD resistor was still there

he gave it to me, the ecu start. with 1.2k idle and gas smells bad.. with constant CEL. i did a CEL check, it will not blink?pulse

what i did was replace the caps that have signs of leak and re trace the copper wires to i can place the socket pin (bed) so everything is good since i have a good working ecu beside as a golden sample.

I started it again Idle was a little less than 1k but smoke smells bad and constant CEL, CEL check
do not throw codes constat cel

anyone can help. i suspect it needs the factory external eprom that was remove..

im pretty sure it came out stock with external chip..

question is for a factory ecu with external chip. does the internal Prom still work if J1 was removed.

Aug 4, 2011
Manila
hi guys! can anybody help? i plan to repair my ecu. i am currently using a p27 manual ecu and there are times when i start the car the main relay ticks twice. and sometimes when i start the engine from cold start RPM drops which makes the check engine light blink again.

BTW all 7 capacitors were changed and changed main relay already

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi guys! can anybody help? i plan to repair my ecu. i am currently using a p27 manual ecu and there are times when i start the car the main relay ticks twice. and sometimes when i start the engine from cold start RPM drops which makes the check engine light blink again.

BTW all 7 capacitors were changed and changed main relay already
Post a good picture of the board. Let see f I can spot the problem

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Read so many thread on detailing but none on price. Nice work and nice pictures.

So can we know :hmmmm: whats the average market price for

1) Small cars ( Saga and Persona )

2) Medium cars ( Camry, Accord, 5 series and E Class )

3) Large cars ( 7 series and S class )

Juz an indicative price will do for information purpose
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience