Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like new

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

talking about continental cars, if u guys still remember some market failure in malaysia: Citroen and Alfa Romeo.. The feeling of those 2 i drove last time really is a feeling of quality interior and heavy piston that good enough for driveability around town.. But those continental cars is very hassle, is one of the nightmare in my history car record .. :afraid:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

Japanese factory are very clean one. I visited my Bangkok factory and when they walk can hear their rubber shoes squeaking away against the floor. The floor is painted and shiny....:driver::driver:

Not still a Toyota....."Still Japanese"....:biggrin:
You mean your company/factory is owned by Japanese has a branch in Bangkok?
And Japanese is known for their reliable products. Reliable and high quality. :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Japanese factory are very clean one. I visited my Bangkok factory and when they walk can hear their rubber shoes squeaking away against the floor. The floor is painted and shiny....:driver::driver:

Not still a Toyota....."Still Japanese"....:biggrin:
Gotta admire Japanese. My fav country...

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com

Conti.... CONTIIIII RULLEEEZZZ!! lolol..
but seriously.. Toyota Designers area slacking la

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

You mean your company/factory is owned by Japanese has a branch in Bangkok?
And Japanese is known for their reliable products. Reliable and high quality. :biggrin:
Yup, work for Jap company in Electronics. Factories worldwide but the ones I deal with are in Malaysia and Thailand....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Gotta admire Japanese. My fav country...
Yup, went once there and love it too....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Cannot disagree...their shape like getting worse....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Yeah, I've read about the Tahara Plant before. They seems to be one of the most advanced and high tech car manufacturing plant in the world. If I am not mistaken, the workers had to go through some sort of process to remove any dirt or dust before entering the plant. Definitely a place worth to visit if given the chance.

From the article, I can see how strict it is about the level of QC in the Tahara plant. But I just don't see why Lexus doesn't have much of brand recognition here in Malaysia compared to Mercedes and BMW. People here just like to use the word "Still a Toyota" when they heard about Lexus. :banghead:
Ya, hate it when they say that. Is like saying Proton and Toyota same. "Still a Car" :stupid:
Lexus like vr2 said. Cuz people wants conti as it meets some what luxury. Where lexus to them is still Japanese car not a Conti. Not class enough to show their status :rofl:

Unless u own the Lexus IS-F :biggrin: But still people would think is a IS250 or Just a Lexus. :laugh:

Yup, work for Jap company in Electronics. Factories worldwide but the ones I deal with are in Malaysia and Thailand....:biggrin:

Couldnt agree more that toyota design is getting worse. Except for the GT-86 is nice. Other
family or sedan cars are ugly. But wish at least got better this time.

Need to swap designers with Korean Car designers. :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Doesn't really look like that. New Mark X, Avalon and Auris looked very nice to me.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Haha, sounds like a very big and famous company indeed.

Ya, hate it when they say that. Is like saying Proton and Toyota same. "Still a Car" :stupid:
Lexus like vr2 said. Cuz people wants conti as it meets some what luxury. Where lexus to them is still Japanese car not a Conti. Not class enough to show their status :rofl:

Unless u own the Lexus IS-F :biggrin: But still people would think is a IS250 or Just a Lexus. :laugh:

Couldnt agree more that toyota design is getting worse. Except for the GT-86 is nice. Other
family or sedan cars are ugly. But wish at least got better this time.

Need to swap designers with Korean Car designers. :rofl:
I don't think Lexus wants to care much about the Malaysian market because of the poor reception from the people over here. But in America, Lexus can even beat Mercedes during the 90s. For Lexus to do the same over here, that is almost like waiting for the sun to rise from the west.

IS-F? If you told them it uses a 5.0 V8 engine, they'll probably reply you with something like "Wa, you stupid ah, 5.0cc? Now petrol price also hike already, still want so big cc for what ah"
Instead of people complimenting or admiring the power of the 5.0 V8, they'll jest or mock you for being stupid to buy a Lexus with such a big engine. :rofl: Too bad they haven't seen Viper SRT-10 yet.

Toyota still got good designs. Like what I've listed above.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Aren't korean designers are actually 'continental'? :biggrin:
Why say so? Dun get it bro :rofl:

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Doesn't really look like that. New Mark X, Avalon and Auris looked very nice to me.

Haha, sounds like a very big and famous company indeed.

I don't think Lexus wants to care much about the Malaysian market because of the poor reception from the people over here. But in America, Lexus can even beat Mercedes during the 90s. For Lexus to do the same over here, that is almost like waiting for the sun to rise from the west.

IS-F? If you told them it uses a 5.0 V8 engine, they'll probably reply you with something like "Wa, you stupid ah, 5.0cc? Now petrol price also hike already, still want so big cc for what ah"
Instead of people complimenting or admiring the power of the 5.0 V8, they'll jest or mock you for being stupid to buy a Lexus with such a big engine. :rofl: Too bad they haven't seen Viper SRT-10 yet.

Toyota still got good designs. Like what I've listed above.
U usually get those comments from people who don't know or don't love cars and treat it as just a mere transport. To us, is a beauty and a monster and dream of owning one.

But then whether is IS-F or not, not many know about it and might only think is a converted IS250. So far I only seen twice. One in a parking lot and one in Naza Showroom.

Their design is good. LF-A is also another example and the new IS250 is damn nice as well. Unlike
Toyota's new Altis and camry. Lexus still shows some class in terms of designs. Exterior and Interior wise. I don't think their interior designs lose a lot to continentals. In fact, I prefer Lexus interior if compare to some continental cars.

Just people are looking at brands to buy a car and not looking at its built quality. Judging a book by its cover.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

U usually get those comments from people who don't know or don't love cars and treat it as just a mere transport. To us, is a beauty and a monster and dream of owning one.

But then whether is IS-F or not, not many know about it and might only think is a converted IS250. So far I only seen twice. One in a parking lot and one in Naza Showroom.

Their design is good. LF-A is also another example and the new IS250 is damn nice as well. Unlike
Toyota's new Altis and camry. Lexus still shows some class in terms of designs. Exterior and Interior wise. I don't think their interior designs lose a lot to continentals. In fact, I prefer Lexus interior if compare to some continental cars.

Just people are looking at brands to buy a car and not looking at its built quality. Judging a book by its cover.
One thing that can't lie is roadtax. 5.0cc roadtax would be around RM11k already. Yesterday I saw one R8 4.2 V8 also the roadtax cost like RM2500. Can almost say like maintaining IS-F is almost like maintaining a supercar already.

I think Lexus's designs is targeting more towards the younger demographics that wants a sporty looking executive car. I do hope they brought back the old glory of 90s Lexus cars which offers a very good performance like Altezza and Aristo. BEAMS 3S-GE in Altezza and 2JZ-GTE in Aristo. Those were the good old days.

True about looking at brands. Like Inspira for example. Some of my friends asked me what engine did Inspira use and when I answer Mitsubishi engine, they usually looked surprised because they thought it uses some cheap Proton engine. While some knew that Inspira is a total rebadge of Lancer, they still told me things like Inspira sure use cheap material or cheap metal inside the car. When accident sure become like tin milo or something. When I meet with this kind of people, I gave up on convincing or correcting them. :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

One thing that can't lie is roadtax. 5.0cc roadtax would be around RM11k already. Yesterday I saw one R8 4.2 V8 also the roadtax cost like RM2500. Can almost say like maintaining IS-F is almost like maintaining a supercar already.

I think Lexus's designs is targeting more towards the younger demographics that wants a sporty looking executive car. I do hope they brought back the old glory of 90s Lexus cars which offers a very good performance like Altezza and Aristo. BEAMS 3S-GE in Altezza and 2JZ-GTE in Aristo. Those were the good old days.

True about looking at brands. Like Inspira for example. Some of my friends asked me what engine did Inspira use and when I answer Mitsubishi engine, they usually looked surprised because they thought it uses some cheap Proton engine. While some knew that Inspira is a total rebadge of Lancer, they still told me things like Inspira sure use cheap material or cheap metal inside the car. When accident sure become like tin milo or something. When I meet with this kind of people, I gave up on convincing or correcting them. :banghead:
I usually tell them, go and see the car yourself and do some research then come tel me whether is milo tin. I said the car feels as solid as the lancer gt. Doors are heavy. Is just a rebadge car. Ya true on some parts maybe cheaper parts but then is not a totally Proton car. Rims cheaper lo :laugh:

So no need explain to them :biggrin:

But cant blame ppl to aim for continental also. Is the trend now and Audi design is really futuristic and meets certain status if u drive one.

Example Drive a IS250 F Sport and An Audi A4 2.0T or VW CC, people would already say that Audi A4 is surely more expensive. So Lexus havent reach that stage of people thinking it as very luxury if compare to BMW or Audi. Mercs is not cheap as well but most prefer Audi and BMW over mercedes.

To me the Lexus is indeed matchable to Continentals. Price of Lexus is not cheap as well. Maintenance wise, Continental and Lexus I'm not sure.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Talking about working with Japanese or visiting their plant....

For my numerous trips to Japan and to meet my customer at their place. They treat their guest with the highest respect. Everytime I go to their factory or plant. When I arrive I can see they put up the Malaysia flag to pay respect to the guest and the security guard that is on duty will stand in a straight row and all bow 90 degrees to you as you enter the plant. Then all the staff that work there if they saw you even don't involve in meeting will also bow to you. That's how friendly and respectful the Japanese are to their guest and also their own local people. There's no lack of smile in Japan, be it the train conductor, toilet cleaner, counter operators, promo girls, the restaurant service boy to the stranger that you ask for directions.

I've been inside their plant and clean environment is their no.1 priority, In Japan you never see a mechanic with dirty attire like here or a messy work table this one is my personal experience when sending a car to them for oil change. The plant a visited was a fibrous casing plant all their workers wear white uniforms from top to toe and the technicians very light blue but all of them have not even a single dot of dirt on their uniform....this one I very tabik....

Back to topic, Conti cars need more TLC.....it's a woman after all...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

I usually tell them, go and see the car yourself and do some research then come tel me whether is milo tin. I said the car feels as solid as the lancer gt. Doors are heavy. Is just a rebadge car. Ya true on some parts maybe cheaper parts but then is not a totally Proton car. Rims cheaper lo :laugh:

So no need explain to them :biggrin:

But cant blame ppl to aim for continental also. Is the trend now and Audi design is really futuristic and meets certain status if u drive one.

Example Drive a IS250 F Sport and An Audi A4 2.0T or VW CC, people would already say that Audi A4 is surely more expensive. So Lexus havent reach that stage of people thinking it as very luxury if compare to BMW or Audi. Mercs is not cheap as well but most prefer Audi and BMW over mercedes.

To me the Lexus is indeed matchable to Continentals. Price of Lexus is not cheap as well. Maintenance wise, Continental and Lexus I'm not sure.
Isn't it that Mitsubishi is still monitoring QC for Inspira's production? As far as I know, that's what was reported during the launch of Inspira back in 2010. And I know that some of the parts in the drivetrain is imported from Japan.

That's why I don't bother about these people who don't know about cars and yet they talk as if they are very certain of the facts with no solid evidence to back them up. I think Inspira is the only C segment car in the new car market with manual transmission. Not including performance C segment cars like Evo, WRX STI, Civic Type R, Focus ST and Mazda MPS. Hehe, the manual Inspira should be faster than Civic, Altis, Sylphy a.k.a STD, Mazda 3 and Lancer GT.

Audi is recently getting very popular lately in Malaysia. Getting an Audi in KL is fine but not in Ipoh. Ipoh don't even have any Audi service center or showroom. Outdated town.

Lexus really is a prestige brand. At least I know that all of them are manufactured and assembled in Japan unlike Mercedes, BMW and Audi which a lot of them are locally assembled or assembled in some other countries instead of Germany. I'm talking about the low end models of course. :biggrin:

About price, the starting price of Lexus LS is more expensive than the price of Merc S300 and BMW 730Li. Many of their base price are indeed placed higher than the Germans. But you must look at the equipment that they offer as well. As far as I know, all Lexus LS in every generation comes with a V8 engine. No less than that.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

For my numerous trips to Japan and to meet my customer at their place. They treat their guest with the highest respect. Everytime I go to their factory or plant. When I arrive I can see they put up the Malaysia flag to pay respect to the guest and the security guard that is on duty will stand in a straight row and all bow 90 degrees to you as you enter the plant. Then all the staff that work there if they saw you even don't involve in meeting will also bow to you. That's how friendly and respectful the Japanese are to their guest and also their own local people. There's no lack of smile in Japan, be it the train conductor, toilet cleaner, counter operators, promo girls, the restaurant service boy to the stranger that you ask for directions.

I've been inside their plant and clean environment is their no.1 priority, In Japan you never see a mechanic with dirty attire like here or a messy work table this one is my personal experience when sending a car to them for oil change. The plant a visited was a fibrous casing plant all their workers wear white uniforms from top to toe and the technicians very light blue but all of them have not even a single dot of dirt on their uniform....this one I very tabik....

Japan really is different from the rest of the world in terms of technologies, ethics, moral and culture. But how can those mechanics avoid getting dirty when their jobs requires them to get involved with a lot of dirty stuffs like oils and lubricants?

Pardon me for my lack of understanding but what is TLC?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Renesis, TLC = Tender Loving Care....

Japanese mechanics and technicians. When they work they wear an apron made of PVC this can avoid their uniform getting dirty and all of them wear gloves during work...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Korean firms import outsider to design, like Preve?

Sigh, Japan. I think I will have less rage there. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Been a customer of Team Optimum(member Seech) for nearly a year. Got a gallon from him a few months ago. NO OPTI COAT. NO OPTI SEAL. Just plain OCW! :biggrin:

My personal review:
Fast(less than 30 mins), Easy(1 MF will do BUT make sure work surface is VERY CLEAN) & Convenient(no buffing) but over application will cause hazing & requires ONR QD for a fix. A little goes a long way and avoid warm surfaces if possible during application(thanks Seech for teaching me how to spray the OCW to avoid...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience