Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like new

raining

Known Member

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
I have own both japanese/korean car n cntinental car at the same time. I found the japanese car still run good after clocking over 100k millage, but conti expensive repair bills start to come after 100k millage. I have a daily hyundai that clock over 300k, which repair bill less than RM2k/year, a honda/mitsubishi clocked over 160k millage which annual repair bill less than RM5k, but i had 2 millage 100k conti car with annual repair bill over RM20k per year! Why? German engineer...why?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

most japanese car was over engineered especially in the drivetrain part....so most parts last longer than the car....which is even with their standard 5years usable lifespan

while in germany they tend to make everything so efficient that just barely pass the usual 100k mileage lifespan....

thats why u see the service interval of european car longer than japanese but when it came to major service....headache also would be a major one :biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Re: Continental car start break down after 100k millage, but japan car still run like

Depends, is it because of frequent breakdowns or price of parts?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Depends, is it because of frequent breakdowns or price of parts?
frequent breakdowns and price of parts...

example of merc. kompressor model specific....common parts that breaks is the exhaust manifold a.k.a extractor....

bmw 320i is crankshaft bearing/conrod bearing fails...and most of the car i've encountered using semi/full synthetic oil...not some el-cheapo oil..... (this i believe some common problem..not mirror-ed to all conti car i would say)

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

u havent met italian engineers yet, they are the worst haha.....maintanance bills comes after the 50k kms mark.

dkny

Known Member

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I think France engineer more worst, look those Renault car 308 turbo.
My friend own one, in first years 2 major breakdown repair back to service center

ken yeang

6,000 RPM

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

italian cars are the best......the would likely to rosak, even before 100k.
Some alfa owners say that their cars sit in workshop longer than sitting at house car porch.....

Veloc

3,000 RPM

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Because they make most of their cars to last not more than 10 years. People there scrap cars and buy new cars often. Actually japan too. But they are so damn good that even if they plan to degrade a car to last about 5 years, it would almost last forever.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

I think France engineer more worst, look those Renault car, 308 turbo.
My friend own one, in first years 2 major breakdown repair back to service center
Comma is very important bro. But yeah, 308 turbo my friend engine error light always on. Swapped 2 tranny.

italian cars are the best......the would likely to rosak, even before 100k.
Some alfa owners say that their cars sit in workshop longer than sitting at house car porch.....
My friend's 146 still good. Occasional water temp high only. Hahaha
Dat boxer engine, damn smooth.

leonl

Known Member

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA

Supply & demand. Quantity produced.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Japan cars are JDM.

Italian Cars is IDM? :rofl:

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

many conti cars are not suitable for our Msian weather & the famous traffic jams that contributes to overheating &
the shorter lifespan of wear & tear parts.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

italians timing belt change @ 50k kms only, if turbocharged bout 40k kms...
how to maintain? the auxilary belt putus will bring down the timing belt as well. thats very dangerous.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005

the parts are sold more expensive here, its not d automakers' fault imo. as for d damages occured, maybe u can specify what are wrong wit ur contis, i find it hard to believe any german fails at those mileage..

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

if we are to compare any products from any country with Made in Japan products, we would see mostly the Japanese win. It is their way of doing thing. They will predict, assume, and even foresee all the possibilities of problems. That was how they got so far, right? I have seen many engineering products before from europe, the states, and others. Creativity is often triggered in the Western countries, but the innovation is often from the Japanese. They make a good product to become better.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Japan cars are JDM.

Italian Cars is IDM? :rofl:
Please stick to the topic. Thank you

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

This is from my own personal POV.

Why conti cars maintenance is higher 1st we need to look at their environment, in Europe 365 days their climate is not hot at all even at summer also still cooler than Malaysia. The price of the parts, the exchange rates also plays a part here. JPY and EURO or USD. From what I see the contis we have on Malaysian road is also mostly packaged to let buyers think they are premium type not those average cheap contis (but in their homeland some are consider cheap) Why I say this is because a VW Golf TSI selling in Germany is about 60K compare to here...

Actually conti can last long also. depends on how you care on it and you now where are the lubangs to find cheap parts other than going to SC which definitely will cost you an arm and leg. Take example la my 206 its been with my 12 years already parts was not easy to come by circa 2003 but after doing homework and digging here and there I can find cheaper ori parts from sellers outside SC and even find some local car parts that is compatible with it. My current mileage is already 140K. The car is not daily driven but it has held up quite good for me. The engine never gave me any major problem.

But my mum's previous Citroen was bought from grey importer that one always have cooling problem (overheating) that time I still young can only hear mum complain the car always give problem but now understand why la....if those of you have grey imported conti car you can take a look at your radiator you will find how small and thin it is. My 206 also like that, this causes overheating problem because the radiator can't cool efficiently and they have all these radiator shroud that limits air flow and 2 speed electric fan I swap them out for a bigger single high speed fan. Took out all those shrouds and air flow limiter change to a aftermarket ALU thicker radiator, throw the thermostat away, rip the bumper out and throw away the plastic grill with shroud and change it with wire mesh and this solve the heating problem. Mostly in europe country due to cooler ambient temp they tend to limit the air flow into the radiator so that the coolant will be at it's optimum temp but when you come to Malaysia it's always overheating....

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

Conti manufacturers put too many SENSORS to detect failure of parts.

Ironically, SENSORS are also parts which need replacing too.

pwhyze

500 RPM

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

Haha..reminds me of various sensors on an A320 that's troublesome, giving out spurious warnings.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

What you said is true. Even my year 2000 206 amount of sensors on the TB itself is more than the current DBW although it runs on cable.

The worst is if you plan to mod a conti that involve wiring...don't send it to the wrong guy and cannot simply tap the wiring...because very sensitive also....tap wrong wire after CEL light come on or car hard to start this and that..

Last edited:

tth tyre

500 RPM

tth tyre

500 RPM
Jun 5, 2007
Puchong

1st,need to get a reliable workshop n mechanic to source original part.

2nd, don't even rojak part component as many workshop ppl did it when owner had limited budget or cheap.

so far Italian car the best sexy look model with Ferrari, Lamboghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

What you said is true. Even my year 2000 206 amount of sensors on the TB itself is more than the current DBW although it runs on cable.

The worst is if you plan to mod a conti that involve wiring...don't send it to the wrong guy and cannot simply tap the wiring...because very sensitive also....tap wrong wire after CEL light come on or car hard to start this and that..
My mechanic have a Citroen ZX. Of course old car but then even the sockets are giving way....:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I recall someone telling me once before that BMW has over engineered their cars. They have a ECU for everything, one for the power window, one for the central locking, one for aircon, everything. One breaks down and it causes a chain reaction to the whole car - power window ECU breaks and car can't start... or something like that.

Which is hilarious!

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

I recall someone telling me once before that BMW has over engineered their cars. They have a ECU for everything, one for the power window, one for the central locking, one for aircon, everything. One breaks down and it causes a chain reaction to the whole car - power window ECU breaks and car can't start... or something like that.

Which is hilarious!
A friend with Volvo S60T replaced power window switch for over RM1k. Told me after replacing the switch, need to reflash to let car ECU know that the window switch was replaced.

What the **** was that for.

I changed EG9 power window mechanism and switch for less than RM100.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

1st,need to get a reliable workshop n mechanic to source original part.

2nd, don't even rojak part component as many workshop ppl did it when owner had limited budget or cheap.

so far Italian car the best sexy look model with Ferrari, Lamboghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia...
Actually Italian cars are more simpler than Germany, Scandinavian cars. Not so much sensors, ECUs.

Almost as simple as Japanese cars.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim

A friend with Volvo S60T replaced power window switch for over RM1k. Told me after replacing the switch, need to reflash to let car ECU know that the window switch was replaced.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Actually Italian cars are more simpler than Germany, Scandinavian cars. Not so much sensors, ECUs.

Haha, harsh but is true... :rofl:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

russian car gooding..LADA cars...always going strong no matter how freezing the cold it was

esthapo

Trail Bomber

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom

All this while I've been maintaining the sensors since the engine or gearbox never gives me problem....only sensors lights keep popping up which means money money money motst of the time..

But sensors also saves me few times already...esp low tire pressure monitor many times saves me from bursting my tires & stranded on the road side :wavey:

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

And I find it funny that sensors need replacing. Its like everything got expiry date. So on a car with sensors, you will to replace the sensor and the part it senses. On a car without sensors, you just replace the part when it fails.

I prefer the latter.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com

I owned lots of Japanese cars... I've owned one Korean car.. and I have owned 3 BMWs...

First and fore most...100k km cars... it all depends on how the previous owner or how you treat the car - driving style, interval of service and quality of oil.. as well as honesty and technical knowledge of your mechanic plays A VERY IMPORTANT ROLE....

Ok... Cerita shall continue on...

The reason why continental cars in general (not brand specific) are prone to 'issues' are bcoz it is engineered for precision. Thus, it has sensors here and there. Least to say, there is a sensor near your ass coz as and when u fart, there will be a warning light popping up to say "WARNING - LETHAL GAS RELEASED"

As with cars with humongous amount of sensors and complex circuitry - it will, after time - fail. Thus more parts for u to replace and even before that - more sensing equals to more areas of worry for u.. sikit sikit.. dinggg... warning... but in actual fact, it's quite ok. But in return - u get solid precision engineering.

Japanese cars on the other hands - there aint as much sensors. Even calibration of their water temp has buffers. U noticed, when your car engine over heats - 3-4 mins before that, the water temp meter is or should be at the middle.. sekali the car smokes - BOOM.. the meter straight shoot up to HOT zone. Shouldn't water temp increase gradually and not 'out of a sudden'? that's bcoz they dont wanna let consumer worry mah... u just sit there.. i on the fan kasi kipas u punya radiator kuat kuat... sekali they fail to cool down.. maaf.. tunjuk asap then tunjuk merah... lolol... for BMWs, the meter rises gradually and u know it's gonna over heat... that's precision.. unless u don have water in d tank already la.. itu pun they will warn u.. DINGGG... water level low... eject now..

Mechanical wise - i'd say it's on par.. except for toyota.. toyota engine seems to run forever.. unless send it to some piss ass mechanic to screw it up... suspensions and bar arm links bla bla...all same la... wear and tear.. previous models, yes.. i'd say Jap cars parts are cheaper.. but the later models.. i would say it's on par... unless u go buy some continental cars with souped up parts like brembo brakes la..dis la dat la.. then your wallet break la.. don complain coz u bought the conti cars that came with souped up parts.. .(some actually come factory fitted but then again - laju mahhhh).

U must compare apple to apple. Don't compare say, umm... Honda city with BMW 3 series M Sport.. u must compare DC5 with 3 Series M Sport... if u compare it d way before - habis la... how to compare?

Korean cars... umm.. fuck man... last time when I owned a Kia Rio.. i shit u not.. the parts aint cheap.

Meeting.. later continue..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

BH : Hoi.. My old junk Wira gradually increases one. But the difference between normal temp and overheating is only a couple of degrees according to my water temp meter. Normal temp is around the 85 celsius range (which is normal since my thermostat opens at that temp) and it's in the red zone at 95 celsius. Only thing I wish I had was a radiator water level sensor. Would've saved me a lot of heartache.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Jap car parts now price also not cheap even for the CKDs.

BH, Jap cars and German cars engineering wise like you said it's about the same because both are into precision on engineering. I have to say this is because my factory all using German made machines from Stuttgart and precision is the key and these machines I have part, of them is even older than me some are like 30~40 years already but they still perform as good as the newer ones sometimes even better and the mechanical parts never seems to fail other than those that requires changing due to wear and tear. The older machines have sensors too but the sensitivity is not as quick or accurate as the newer ones hence the new machines that I have tend to stop more precisely if they detect a fault compare to old one. Higher sensitivity sensor means they need to be handle more carefully because they are more delicate. More sensors give you more accurate data and detection but when working on them need to becareful. Like my metal detector machine. the center core coil...can't even move out of position by 0.01mm if it does...then it will give a fault code....

YYC

1,500 RPM

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

Why car now needs so many sensor one? My car got no sensor (got la a bit like airflow sensor, temp, gb sensor, abs sensors and that it is. Normal I don't use those sensors because I use my own sensors which were 'manufactured' decades ago by my dad - that is me, my eyes, my nose, ears, my legs and hands even my butt, not 100% precision and accurate but reliable and work better and better as years gone by.
How to use? Well, I check my radiator once every few days as my eye sensor detects the temp gauge is moving up a bit, I check the tyre pressure once a week or immediately when my butt sensor detects weird handling, I open the hood if I senses noise or no pull from the engine anymore or check the brake or any suspension link when my right leg sensor detects vibrations as i brake. I check the noise source when my ear sensor detects some weird noise. Basically my sensors do not need replacement (need la sometimes to gorek abit my ears and nose to clear the piling shit once in a while).
So lots of sensors in a car as if you're flying a F22 is a good things? Tyre pressure sensor are you kidding me? I agree with ixeo la, more sensors in car more worries and more parts to replace.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Some cars are having rain sensors and god don't even know why someone invented it. So some sensors are actually doesnt serve any purpose...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Some cars are having rain sensors and god don't even know why someone invented it. So some sensors are actually doesnt serve any purpose...
COZ humans are getting lazy, lazier, lazier.
Rain sensor walao, just flip the wiper stick right? And also a button for defogger?
Watched wall-E before?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

Why car now needs so many sensor one? My car got no sensor (got la a bit like airflow sensor, temp, gb sensor, abs sensors and that it is. Normal I don't use those sensors because I use my own sensors which were 'manufactured' decades ago by my dad - that is me, my eyes, my nose, ears, my legs and hands even my butt, not 100% precision and accurate but reliable and work better and better as years gone by.
How to use? Well, I check my radiator once every few days as my eye sensor detects the temp gauge is moving up a bit, I check the tyre pressure once a week or immediately when my butt sensor detects weird handling, I open the hood if I senses noise or no pull from the engine anymore or check the brake or any suspension link when my right leg sensor detects vibrations as i brake. I check the noise source when my ear sensor detects some weird noise. Basically my sensors do not need replacement (need la sometimes to gorek abit my ears and nose to clear the piling shit once in a while).
So lots of sensors in a car as if you're flying a F22 is a good things? Tyre pressure sensor are you kidding me? I agree with ixeo la, more sensors in car more worries and more parts to replace.
Every human is different for people like us the petrol heads we are more sensitive to the sound our car makes but not everyone is a petrol head and have superman like senses to make sure all is good. Even for petrol heads sometimes we miss our hit also.

We need to look at the good sides of sensors also not just the bad side. Just take a few examples,
-sensors help our engine or gearbox from blowing up if something went wrong (limp mode).
-sensors help technician to quickly and accurately determine the source of problems rather than like the old days where we need to guess here and there or determine the source via working experience on the same car.
-sensors help tuners to tune your engine accurately and not causing it the blow up also and to make the engine perform at it's optimum.
-sensors also takes away some of the burden from the drivers eg. ABS. Not all drivers have defensive driving skill so ABS is there to help.

Because there are some people who don't turn on their wipers when it rains. Rain sensor is there to solve this problem so does the auto lightning sensors. Because got lazy people that's why all these sensors were invented for the good of others so that the good people won't bang into these lazy people who don't turn on their headlights at night and not let those who don't turn on their wipers when heavy rain bang into the good people. Understand?

All the new sensors that is invented is going towards the direction of vehicle safety for the cars and the people and cars around it. Just look at Volvo.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

COZ humans are getting lazy, lazier, lazier.
Rain sensor walao, just flip the wiper stick right? And also a button for defogger?
Watched wall-E before?
You are right, that's why those engineer is adding and inventing new sensors to safe live because they know by just relying on enforcement of the police or the driver is not enough hence they built in all these into the car so that the car will become smarter and smarter. Plus sensors will never miscalculate or lost track

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

They should invent a sensor for people who have handicap fingers that can't turn on their signal lights when they turn...that will be good.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

They should invent a sensor for people who have handicap fingers that can't turn on their signal lights when they turn...that will be good.
you invent la....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

All these sensors and electronics do look nice and cool when the car is new. But after like around 10 years later, I don't think anyone wanted to buy these cars as 2nd hand car anymore. Imagine the repair cost if the sensors keep malfunctioning after one and another.

DeaconFrost

Known Member

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur

To look at European obsession with sensors, reminds me of the urban myth about how NASA supposedly spent millions to develop a pen that works in zero gravity,

when the Russians use pencil.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

you invent la....
If only I can....I would. :smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I personally like the idea of sensors. What I don't like is sub-ECUs controlling each and every part of the car that's all interconnected to the main ECU. And should your power window fail - can't start car. That would suck.

But looking at how Audi builds their cars, a friend just recently sold off his 12 year old A4 and it was running like a dream. Easily beat several cars in terms of comfort and was great highway cruiser. Only thing is you'll need to spend on servicing and nothing but the best parts if you want it to last. To me, I'd rather spend RM400 on a genuine Mitsubishi engine mounting rather than a RM180 OEM compatible brand for my Wira. Mitsubishi parts just last longer.

Besides, you're paying for the luxuries. Having said that, the headlight and rain sensors I can do without.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I personally like the idea of sensors. What I don't like is sub-ECUs controlling each and every part of the car that's all interconnected to the main ECU. And should your power window fail - can't start car. That would suck.

But looking at how Audi builds their cars, a friend just recently sold off his 12 year old A4 and it was running like a dream. Easily beat several cars in terms of comfort and was great highway cruiser. Only thing is you'll need to spend on servicing and nothing but the best parts if you want it to last. To me, I'd rather spend RM400 on a genuine Mitsubishi engine mounting rather than a RM180 OEM compatible brand for my Wira. Mitsubishi parts just last longer.

Besides, you're paying for the luxuries. Having said that, the headlight and rain sensors I can do without.
My wife's boss from Cefiro went for the Audi (few years back). Had slight accident on front bumper park 2 months waiting for parts. Within a year the central locking failed and he was locked in.....hahaha. Can't remember others issues as it was in and out of the Audi service. Got fed up sold after 2 years now on Lexus....:driver:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

My wife's boss from Cefiro went for the Audi (few years back). Had slight accident on front bumper park 2 months waiting for parts. Within a year the central locking failed and he was locked in.....hahaha. Can't remember others issues as it was in and out of the Audi service. Got fed up sold after 2 years now on Lexus....:driver:
Fuuhhh..central locking fail..imagine it fails during your urgent need to go to the loo. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Fuuhhh..central locking fail..imagine it fails during your urgent need to go to the loo. :rofl:
ha! ha! he was already fuming when was locked in.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

I guess I'll just stick to Toyota and other JDMs :proud:
Still more reliable and less hassle compare to continentals with too many sensitive sensors....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Still more reliable and less hassle compare to continentals with too many sensitive sensors....
But my friend's Estima with the auto door close also had his share of problems but at least not always....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

But my friend's Estima with the auto door close also had his share of problems but at least not always....:biggrin:
That function I like...auto door for MPV :top: Looks cool and class.

esthapo

Trail Bomber

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom

When times comes & with more money, mixing with different class of people, i bet ure going to change ur mind :rofl:

well JDM also are more into sensors nowadays even though not as much as those contis but they're getting there...newer Honda or Lexus especially have plenty of sensors nowadays compare to their ancestors...lexus I think shoulnd't be any different from merc or bmw in term of electronic assistance :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

When times comes & with more money, mixing with different class of people, i bet ure going to change ur mind :rofl:

well JDM also are more into sensors nowadays even though not as much as those contis but they're getting there...newer Honda or Lexus especially have plenty of sensors nowadays compare to their ancestors...lexus I think shoulnd't be any different from merc or bmw in term of electronic assistance :biggrin:
Yup, with $$$ then no problem mah! Every 2 to 3 years change car before problems comes....:driver::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

When money is not a problem, 90% most of the things these days is not a problem.

Is like who would want a Toyota/Honda if one can afford a Ferrari/lambo and etcs :biggrin:
Me not in position for a choice yet. SO stick to Toyota 1st :rofl:

Last edited:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Lexus's cockpit really like an aeroplane cockpit. :o
Sat in LS460L before. Smooth V8.....