Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
im not keen on sylphy.....vw polo sedan tarak DSG.....no shiok Ooo..hehe...
hv u tested the new elantra?
Elantra is an overpriced Forte with different skin. Everything else is the same. Price over my budget.

Ixeo, you do realise after the 1st service I'm never going back to the service center unless it's for big jobs that my lazy ass can't do myself right? Having said that maintenance isn't really an issue since almost all the cars I've mentioned are in the same maintenance bracket except for the Vios.

Quite frankly I wouldn't go for the Vios. I don't know about your analysis of those cars, I've test driven the Polo Sedan (for about 500m to be fair) and I find it quite torquey so power wise I don't think it's a problem. 150nm+ of torque I think. Ok mah. Won't be overtaking anything bigger but hey, it's those damn Myvis, Vivas and Kelisas that I want to overtake. Not the bigger cars.

My biggest beef with the Lanspira is the god-awful rear leg room. With my driving position, the person who sits behind me is going to struggle to find a comfortable sitting position if he/she is 5"6 and taller. The best legroom and space and comfort in my list is the Sylphy, it's got unbeatable rear legroom and the cvt gearbox is pretty awesome or on par with the Lanspira. My only complaint is it looks like a bloody uncle car. I refuse to grow up!

I want to get a family sedan, so I won't be running Sepang or cornering at god-like speeds so it doesn't really matter if it can't outcorner my Wira. I'll probably bitch about it a lot but I'll live with it. Safety will be a priority and comfort is a must. Rock hard suspension is a thing of the past now for me.

So right now I'm leaning towards the Kia Forte 2.0 and Sylphy. Thinking thinking thinking.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
I know Peugeot owners who go Naza SC cry day and night, the 308 no second hand value cause SC cannot fix problems associated with the cars.

Naza? Only know how to make money from AP, try to do real car business like carry Peugeot, end up the customers suffer. lol. But they have a lot of money.
spare parts they have... but in order to replace the parts, they need to identify the problem...
and this is where the problem starts...

the SC could not even identify the problem in the first place...
:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Elantra is an overpriced Forte with different skin. Everything else is the same. Price over my budget.

Ixeo, you do realise after the 1st service I'm never going back to the service center unless it's for big jobs that my lazy ass can't do myself right? Having said that maintenance isn't really an issue since almost all the cars I've mentioned are in the same maintenance bracket except for the Vios.

Quite frankly I wouldn't go for the Vios. I don't know about your analysis of those cars, I've test driven the Polo Sedan (for about 500m to be fair) and I find it quite torquey so power wise I don't think it's a problem. 150nm+ of torque I think. Ok mah. Won't be overtaking anything bigger but hey, it's those damn Myvis, Vivas and Kelisas that I want to overtake. Not the bigger cars.

My biggest beef with the Lanspira is the god-awful rear leg room. With my driving position, the person who sits behind me is going to struggle to find a comfortable sitting position if he/she is 5"6 and taller. The best legroom and space and comfort in my list is the Sylphy, it's got unbeatable rear legroom and the cvt gearbox is pretty awesome or on par with the Lanspira. My only complaint is it looks like a bloody uncle car. I refuse to grow up!

I want to get a family sedan, so I won't be running Sepang or cornering at god-like speeds so it doesn't really matter if it can't outcorner my Wira. I'll probably bitch about it a lot but I'll live with it. Safety will be a priority and comfort is a must. Rock hard suspension is a thing of the past now for me.

So right now I'm leaning towards the Kia Forte 2.0 and Sylphy. Thinking thinking thinking.
I will pick the Sylphy due to availability of parts over the Kia Forte.

153nM of torque is nothing to shout about on the Polo Sedan, its just a 1.6L N/A mill, there's only so much it can do. 136nM for a Myvi 1.5L, you'll have issues running away from them on the road.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I'm in the same boat too...

I've viewed all and test drive a few...
Polo Sedan - 1.6 and nothing much inside...you pay for brand and quality...
Focus Sedan - got 1.8? i thought now only 2.0 sport and titanium..Focus 2.0 over RM100k...good car..
Vios - cheap car...but not price..out..
Eastar - ??? its MPV...and China...
Sylphy - Smooth engine and gearbox...not to comfort on highway...tested on Federal Highway..
Elantra - Overprice..overspec (engine)...inside feels cheap..not the 1.8..1.8 good but over RM100k..nappa leather FTW
Almera - same as vios...
Insight - Nice!

My choice down to 2 only..
Inspira 2.0P
Forte 2.0

Spec almost the same..Forte wins with 6 airbag..
However, searching the forum, found Forte got lots of problem while Inspira a bit/lot less..

My money is on Inspira 2.0P...

l2_moderno

Feb 11, 2009
Saujana Putra
inspira 2.0 ofcoz..
u cn get comfort ride(tested), nice sport look (even only with chnge rims), power engine (2.0 liter maa same like lancer) good fc (cvt) & low maintainance (local product)

but if u hd more budget, go for ford focus

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I will pick the Sylphy due to availability of parts over the Kia Forte.

153nM of torque is nothing to shout about on the Polo Sedan, its just a 1.6L N/A mill, there's only so much it can do. 136nM for a Myvi 1.5L, you'll have issues running away from them on the road.
I don't really "run away" from cars one la. They want to go faster just go la. My only issue is those going slower than me. It's bloody hard overtaking with a Myvi 1.3

I'm in the same boat too...

I've viewed all and test drive a few...
Polo Sedan - 1.6 and nothing much inside...you pay for brand and quality...
Focus Sedan - got 1.8? i thought now only 2.0 sport and titanium..Focus 2.0 over RM100k...good car..
Vios - cheap car...but not price..out..
Eastar - ??? its MPV...and China...
Sylphy - Smooth engine and gearbox...not to comfort on highway...tested on Federal Highway..
Elantra - Overprice..overspec (engine)...inside feels cheap..not the 1.8..1.8 good but over RM100k..nappa leather FTW
Almera - same as vios...
Insight - Nice!

My choice down to 2 only..
Inspira 2.0P
Forte 2.0

Spec almost the same..Forte wins with 6 airbag..
However, searching the forum, found Forte got lots of problem while Inspira a bit/lot less..

My money is on Inspira 2.0P...
inspira 2.0 ofcoz..
u cn get comfort ride(tested), nice sport look (even only with chnge rims), power engine (2.0 liter maa same like lancer) good fc (cvt) & low maintainance (local product)

but if u hd more budget, go for ford focus
So right now it's boiled down to just the Lanspira and Sylphy. I've read some of the feedback for the Forte and it's amazing how many problems there are but only seemingly affecting a small group of people.

I'm somewhat biased against Lanspira so I guess my final decision will be the uncle car of the lot. Oh well.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Interestingly though, a lot of people are voting for the VW.

Issit because of the brand?

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I don't really "run away" from cars one la. They want to go faster just go la. My only issue is those going slower than me. It's bloody hard overtaking with a Myvi 1.3

So right now it's boiled down to just the Lanspira and Sylphy. I've read some of the feedback for the Forte and it's amazing how many problems there are but only seemingly affecting a small group of people.

I'm somewhat biased against Lanspira so I guess my final decision will be the uncle car of the lot. Oh well.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Interestingly though, a lot of people are voting for the VW.

Issit because of the brand?
Very nice uncle car..luxury spec got gps and touchscreen..
Huge rear legroom...seems like better to have chauffeur than drive..

But..only 3 years warranty..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Very nice uncle car..luxury spec got gps and touchscreen..
Huge rear legroom...seems like better to have chauffeur than drive..

But..only 3 years warranty..
that's 140k i think. The one I'm looking at is the basic model, 114k with 8k rebate.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
that's 140k i think. The one I'm looking at is the basic model, 114k with 8k rebate.
erm...maybe wrong..
i mean the middle one...misplaced the brochure..

yup middle one, luxury...RM140k i think is the Premium...

Forgot the price...i think RM125k with RM9k discount (Sek 15, Shah Alam)...
Got tinted sumore...:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Get the car tinted, so people cant see your face clearly inside :biggrin:

Sylphy is smooth and quite luxurious feeling. And at this price, it is considered cheap and worthy. But with only plenty on the road, you might wana dig deeper for its worth. And btw, Nissan parts aren't cheap.

Maybe if you really go for sylphy, you might install aftermarket impul body kits if budget allows. That doesn't reflect obacan driver :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
maybe u need a ride in my altis before making up your mind?
:biggrin:
I hope with that grin of yours you don't offer him a ride on your hot rod after the altis.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Out of your choices, I'd probably go with the Sylphy because:
- It's very comfortable, quiet, and got the best leg room at the rear.
- It seems more luxurious than the rest. It still has the dash wrapped in leather instead of just bare plastics.
- It's also seem reliable/well proven.
- Engine is decent 2ltr but definitely nothing to brag about in terms of performance.
But I agree the exterior shape is nothing to be excited about, very ordinary/bland, so called uncle's car, and the proportion is too tall/not wide enough. Another thing I don't like about this car is the rear brakes is still drum brakes.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
actually the sylphy with impul bodykit doesn't look uncle, looks decent actually

Like a normal looking girl putting in decent effort to dress up and make up.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
erm...maybe wrong..
i mean the middle one...misplaced the brochure..

yup middle one, luxury...RM140k i think is the Premium...

Forgot the price...i think RM125k with RM9k discount (Sek 15, Shah Alam)...
Got tinted sumore...:biggrin:
I never take tints from those salesmen. Most of the time it's some crappy tint anyway, I prefer to do it at my friends place and get a proper HuperOptik 30 tint done with security VKool at the sides. Nice and dark and almost impenetrable. The price you're talking about is the middle range one, a little too much for my budget unfortunately. I'm struggling with the basic range as it is.

Get the car tinted, so people cant see your face clearly inside :biggrin:

Sylphy is smooth and quite luxurious feeling. And at this price, it is considered cheap and worthy. But with only plenty on the road, you might wana dig deeper for its worth. And btw, Nissan parts aren't cheap.

Maybe if you really go for sylphy, you might install aftermarket impul body kits if budget allows. That doesn't reflect obacan driver :biggrin:
Dude, if you look at the choices I've listed out, all are in the "not cheap parts" category except Vios. So no worries la. This is really a concern unless every part is 4-figures or more. Like the GTR35. As for Osan driver, aiya... I openly admit I'm not young. Not as old as vr2turbo, but not young. I'd rather be wafting along in my super comfy car while listening to my tricked out ICE system.

maybe u need a ride in my altis before making up your mind?
:biggrin:
Which Altis is yours? The old gen one or the latest one? Come come let me test test.

I hope with that grin of yours you don't offer him a ride on your hot rod after the altis.
Do you mean this in the literal sense or the figurative sense? I thought he sold off his Neo already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus...I'm x sure whether this has been discussed but anyway...has anyone use either one or both these 2 products?similar in structure (using nano ceramic tech)...most info got via websites tho x much reviews..

So appreciate if cld start d ball rolling on this issue starting from d otais n d sifus...

Teng qiuuuu
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience