Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Tyre choices.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Just wondering what tyres you guys put on your ride.

I'm thinking about this, but in 16" size, since my rims are 16".

What are your thoughts, and what tires do you use?

toyo.jpg

Edit:

Currently, thse posters are using these tires.

Frusty - Falken grB - please mention about wear and grip, compare it to a prev set you used.
Edy7311 - falken azenis 195/15/55! gud on cornering.. but, so loud lah.. maybe, old already kot!
ace79 - Falken Azenis ST 115, and I find it just nice for both dry road, wet road ( a note : I always drive a max 80 kph on wet roads ) and SIC track days.
eater_eg6 - falken st115 is good on dry n wet..tried it b4..now im using bfg g-force sport... the performance in dry n wet also not bad... but if compare wif st115.. st115 is better.. :P but bfg is also enough for daily drive n also pek the corner sometimes.. :P no prob on cornering.. :) tahan lama lagi .. :) GOOD!!! :)

Last edited:
shiroitenshi, use that r888 for daily drive ??? i can say that the r888 is super grip for dry.. :P cheers.. :)

i tot dis R888 is supposed 2 b a semi slick tyres?daily driven?hmmm....

yup..its semi slick .. :)

shiroitenshi , how much is the R888 195/55/15 ??? where u can get it ?? i got it rm310 one... last year in kl , pj...

i use falken azenis 195/15/55! gud on cornering.. but, so loud lah.. maybe, old already kot! almost 16months..

These are semi - slicks. Some brands are safe for wet roads, some are not. I'm not sure which semi slicks are safe for wet roads, although I've heard that Falken Azenis RT615 is not bad for rainy days. I myself am using Falken Azenis ST 115, and I find it just nice for both dry road, wet road ( a note : I always drive a max 80 kph on wet roads ) and SIC track days. Other brands to consider is Yokohama Advan AD07. One thing I like about semi slicks is the fat - shoulder look that they offer. Booty-licious I'd say! Well, unless you're a regular SIC / Pasir Gudang devotee, I do not see the advantages of fitting semis to your ride.

falken st115 is good on dry n wet..tried it b4..now im using bfg g-force sport... the performance in dry n wet also not bad... but if compare wif st115.. st115 is better.. :P but bfg is also enough for daily drive n also pek the corner sometimes.. :P no prob on cornering.. :) tahan lama lagi .. :) GOOD!!! :)

eater_eg6 said:
yup..its semi slick .. :)

shiroitenshi , how much is the R888 195/55/15 ??? where u can get it ?? i got it rm310 one... last year in kl , pj...

Not much different.. the ones above are quoted as RM300. He doesn't know the price of 16" and I really didn't want to confirm a purchase yet, so dunno how much the price of 16" ones.

Bridgestone RE-01R almost botak already.. expect one month left or less. Using those currently.. but the wear rate is ridiculous! (O_o).. too much $$$ for the superb grip. Mileage currently only 18,000. <- one weeks worth of driving... yes.. I do travel a lot... (O_o)

Yes, I plan to use them for highway driving (a daily occurance, since I travel to work.. and of course, the recent school holidays was spent ferrying my cousins and what-not.) semi slicks's great to sapu corners with, Spring rate for those corners.. very stiff.. if I were to sit on the front bumper end.. the car would not sag... Well.. enjoy the time while it lasts.. once these absorbers dies, I'll probably switch them to something more family friendly! Still.. after trying semi-slicks, I'm hooked.. tracking a specific line during cornering is as simple as modulating the throttle! Those stiff springs really mean that you feel every single bump on the road... but young age only happens once... the hell with back pains.. ROFL!

What are the wear rates on these R888? Are they moderate, or extreme like the RE-01R?

Edit.. forgot.. the guy said that I shouldn't use these tires on all fours since they're so grippy.. Hmm.. I don't get it..

Last edited:
shiroitenshi , where u got that R888 ??? i din use other semi b4...just R888 ... so i dunno how fast the thread makan when compare to others..i just use it in event onli... :P

eater_eg6 said:
shiroitenshi , where u got that R888 ??? i din use other semi b4...just R888 ... so i dunno how fast the thread makan when compare to others..i just use it in event onli... :P

The workshop that did my conversion.. I dunno if they have stock or not, since that pair I took a picture of has been sold already.

Correction.. I did not get them.. I only enquired about them.

ace79 said:
Well, unless you're a regular SIC / Pasir Gudang devotee, I do not see the advantages of fitting semis to your ride.

It sort of started when i bought second hand MF-10s that came with semi-slicks.. I got hooked with the grip... (O_o)

If get overzealous at the throttle, I hear a chirp (B16 only mah!), and that's it.. Since then, I've been a fan of semi slicks.. as for rainy days... drive slow lah.. Somemore, I'm really scared of those puddles, sometimes they hide really really BIG holes.

eater_eg6 said:
where is ur location shiroitenshi... :P

east coast, kelantan lah!

I think most people know in Kelantan where me and the regulars hangout.. a bunch of civics parked together (with 5lugs) is kinda obvious.

Last edited:
ic ic .... next time if come to kuantan... plz find me .. :P v go yamcha... k ? :P hehe... u from KB ??? i heard that kelantan will hav one big circuit rite ?? izzit true ? that day got one customer come to my workshop...kelantan ppl lar.. he told my stuff that.. :P

i recommend yokohama advan neova AD07.
currently using them.....very satisfied on all condition....

but the way, r888 looks nice.....but i really wanna get my hands oon a pair of AD048......haha..

shiro, ur mf10 is 5-lugs?

xxxx said:
i recommend yokohama advan neova AD07.
currently using them.....very satisfied on all condition....

but the way, r888 looks nice.....but i really wanna get my hands oon a pair of AD048......haha..

shiro, ur mf10 is 5-lugs?

Yeah.. see the sig? I thought 5 holes = MF-10, 4 holes = MF-8.. but dunnof if got MF-10 with 4 lugs..

I did the 5 lug conversion on my EG.. brakes are from EK 99 CTR.. (chopshop labelled it as year 2000, but afaik, the production only lasted to end of 99, no?).. fortunately, I got the type R upper links and control arms as well, so no need for adjustable front control arms. It fits nicely, and you reuse the rear lower control arm from the EG.. no modifications required! Now.. I don't worry about hitting people in front.. I worry about people hitting me from the back when braking!

Oh.. now I remember.. the MF-10s came with advan neovas! , but not surelah what model.. but from my experience.. the grip in the wet is.. frankly worse than RE-01Rs that I'm using now. But the RE-01R has a more 'common tread' like you see on non semi slick tires.. except spaced further apart.

I can see the rubber on my tires starting to 'berbulu' (almost like cracking, but tiny and if you put your hand on it, a bit furry!) at the edges already.. (x.x) The roads in the east coast are very harsh to soft compound tires... esp the kota bharu -> KL trunk road (before the tol highway).. Still if you think that your car is only sticking on the road on those tiny patches of rubber... the expense might be worth more than you think. Anyway, it isn't as bad as it sounds.. the rears usually last a lot lot longer (provided you don't carry heavy passengers on the rear end all the time when you sapu corners.)

Anyway.. unlike SIC/Pasir Gudang enthusiasts... I'm not THAT FAST! ROFL!

Last edited:
eater_eg6 said:
ic ic .... next time if come to kuantan... plz find me .. :P v go yamcha... k ? :P hehe... u from KB ??? i heard that kelantan will hav one big circuit rite ?? izzit true ? that day got one customer come to my workshop...kelantan ppl lar.. he told my stuff that.. :P

Will have? Hah! I'm still waiting! at least got a proper, safe place to test skills (a.k.a. not reserved with the throttle, without worrying about hitting pedestrians/pakcik/makcik on motorcycles!) Even now, I still release the pedal automatically when I see people on the side of the street.. worry about them suddenly deciding to cross road/u-turn without looking. Really tension!.

When it comes, I'd be a weekend regular! Stock or not, I'm not intending to win/compete.. just to have fun and futher better my driving skills only!

for the mf10 with 4 lugs, it's called the mf10L.

n where did get those bridgestone RE01R? i tot there's no one selling that model in malaysia?

my friend tried 180km/h on the highway with his advan ad07.....in wet condition....n he said it's fine.....haha...
i guess re01R is better?

A Post Every 5 Mins

for those of you guys living around taman tun and bandar utama area, please take note. other guys should be careful also.

this morning around 3.30am 4 assholes on 2 motorbikes (looks like rxz, clutch type motorcycles) were rounding around my house, heard them while playing ps2. they didn't go off so i poked my head out the window and guess what, those fuckers had a torch in one hand and screwdriver in another. shouted at them and they rode off.

i went out to check from inside my...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom