Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My turn to do a "What car is best" thread. I'm looking for :

1. A sedan car with a big boot.
2. Resale value isn't a big deal for me.
3. Performance and comfort are vital.
4. Safety is vital.
5. Budget is 100k give or take.
6. No second hand cars. Recon might consider.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a few cars but any additions would be welcome as long as they fit the above criteria.

1. VW Polo Sedan 1.6
2. Kia Forte 2.0
3. Ford Focus Sedan 1.8
4. Nissan Sylphy 2.0
5. Toyota Vios 1.5
6. Chery Eastar 2.0

Any owners of the above cars please give feedback? I want to know what's it like to live with your cars in terms of maintenance, NVH, comfort, etc.

The #5 is there because Ixeo declared it to be the best car in KL below RM100k.
The #6 is there because I saw it at a road show and it looked pretty damn impressive. Kit, safety and price, all prettily packaged.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha.. Bro, no china and korean la... Later spend more $$

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
#7 Mazda 3

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
actually bro, for anything below RM 100k, for a normal driver...
Kia Forte 2.0 gives the best bang for buck...
for one to see this, they need to be able to see things objectively...
(eg, they need to see beyond the brand)

P/S - I hate Koreans too... so for the rest, your argument of my being a korean butt licker is invalid..
:thefinger:

for below 100k, there is no choice that comes close to this..
- 6 airbags
- ESP, TCS
- decently space rear seats
- decently sized boot
- decent power
- decent handling
- decent comfort

Fiesta 1.4 might have 7 airbag and a boot to match, but its a manual and its a 1.4 NA engine. Definitely will be down on power count.
Kia rio has 6 airbags too but its also a 1.4 NA with a 4-speeder. Surely out on power count. Definitely out on carrying capacity.

Unless you up to RM 120k which frees up more choices like the new Ford Focus, for below RM 100k, like it or not, Kia Forte 2.0 is still the standard to beat...

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
how bout the new kia forte...heard gonna launch this year. kinda looks like the new elantra.
yeah bro.. i use to drive Forte. and i can say its a good car. Value for money. i advise you to wait for K3 (the new forte) it will come with on board navigation straight from factory. and design wise i can say something like kia rio the front portion.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
China I agree, but you'd be surprised how relatively 'cheap' it is to maintain the Forte. There's so many on the road that aftermarket support is actually quite decent.

#7 Mazda 3
Ehlo kawan, 100k plus minus a bit la.. Mazda 3 is 120k+

Nissan Sylphy is 106k on the road.

how bout the new kia forte...heard gonna launch this year. kinda looks like the new elantra.
yeah bro.. i use to drive Forte. and i can say its a good car. Value for money. i advise you to wait for K3 (the new forte) it will come with on board navigation straight from factory. and design wise i can say something like kia rio the front portion.
Yeah, I know about the K3. But I'm not in a position to wait. If someone wants to take my beloved car off my hands now I won't ask the fella to wait. Then again I'm not sure I want to sell or not. 'Alice' is a lot of my blood, sweat and tears man.

No one votes for Sylphy or VW Polo Sedan?

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
sorry forgot to mention is 1.6 model:biggrin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
#7. Hyundai Elantra
#8. Proton Inspira
#9. Honda Insight (if you like hybrid)
#10. Nissan Almera

Of all your choice, I'm voting forte and focus.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
voted for the polo sedan.... maybe it's the german badge snobbery :hmmmm:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Listen to this man.

for one to see this, they need to be able to see things objectively...
(eg, they need to see beyond the brand)

P/S - I hate Koreans too... so for the rest, your argument of my being a korean butt licker is invalid..
:thefinger:

for below 100k, there is no choice that comes close to this..
- 6 airbags
- ESP, TCS
- decently space rear seats
- decently sized boot
- decent power
- decent handling
- decent comfort

Fiesta 1.4 might have 7 airbag and a boot to match, but its a manual and its a 1.4 NA engine. Definitely will be down on power count.
Kia rio has 6 airbags too but its also a 1.4 NA with a 4-speeder. Surely out on power count. Definitely out on carrying capacity.

Unless you up to RM 120k which frees up more choices like the new Ford Focus, for below RM 100k, like it or not, Kia Forte 2.0 is still the standard to beat...
Very good analysis. But it is Korean, my only worry is the spare parts, since resale value is of no concern. Would be a pain to wait 2 weeks if you broke driver side window, for example. Or pay RM600 for it. - Just giving an example, I don't know how much it costs or how long it takes, if you want to buy this car go find out.

im not keen on sylphy.....vw polo sedan tarak DSG.....no shiok Ooo..hehe...
hv u tested the new elantra?
Did you know the DSG of current generation VW have issues? Especially in stop and go traffic? The DSG in Golf GTi Mk.V is awesome, the the ones in Mk.VI, the Polo TSI, Golf TSI all have issues.

#7. Hyundai Elantra
#8. Proton Inspira
#9. Honda Insight (if you like hybrid)
#10. Nissan Almera

Of all your choice, I'm voting forte and focus.
I think #8 is the BEST choice. #10 Is good choice if you go past the looks, but I might still suggest a Vios over the Almera.

My turn to do a "What car is best" thread. I'm looking for :

1. A sedan car with a big boot.
2. Resale value isn't a big deal for me.
3. Performance and comfort are vital.
4. Safety is vital.
5. Budget is 100k give or take.
6. No second hand cars. Recon might consider.

I've pretty much narrowed it down to a few cars but any additions would be welcome as long as they fit the above criteria.

1. [strike]VW Polo Sedan 1.6[/strike] Fails requirement #3
2. Kia Forte 2.0
3. Ford Focus Sedan 1.8
4. Nissan Sylphy 2.0
5. [strike]Toyota Vios 1.5[/strike] Fails requirement #3
6. [strike]Chery Eastar 2.0[/strike] Fails requirement #4

Any owners of the above cars please give feedback? I want to know what's it like to live with your cars in terms of maintenance, NVH, comfort, etc.

The #5 is there because Ixeo declared it to be the best car in KL below RM100k.
The #6 is there because I saw it at a road show and it looked pretty damn impressive. Kit, safety and price, all prettily packaged.
You do realize I wouldn't buy the Vios? LOL. But yes it IS a good car for the price, but there are better choices.

Izso you missed one of the best choice under 100k and above 80k category, it is the Proton Inspira 2.0 CVT.

The engine, transmission, radiator, electric fan, compressor are all made in Japan. Basically everything in the engine bay is Mitsubishi, including the ECU.

The car ranks highly in US crash tests, including acing the new rollover test.

The only other real competitor is the Kia Forte, as it shares the same GEMA platform engine with the Inspira/Mitsubishi. Despite the fact I feel Korean cars are inferior, truth be told they improved a lot since the rubbish like Getz, Atos and Spectra.

You didn't mention serviceability and availability of parts, so that would be the deal breaker between the Kia and the Lanspira.

This is talking about maximum bangs for bucks.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
spare part or not, it really depends on the service centers that you go to...
that include brands like toyota / proton / perodua and more...
I know Peugeot owners who go Naza SC cry day and night, the 308 no second hand value cause SC cannot fix problems associated with the cars.

Naza? Only know how to make money from AP, try to do real car business like carry Peugeot, end up the customers suffer. lol. But they have a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last satrurday morning around 1.00am,when i came out from my office for a break,i'm shocked because some"motherfucker" break my glass door driver side just because to take my boost meter(apex'i) and the turbo timer(m's),and this "motherfucker" he just cut the wire and the hose from the boost meter,btw for sure he cannot use my turbo timer because he didn't take the controller because the timer comes with the controller....can u guys imagine i parked my car exactly in front of my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience