choices BMW M3 cabrio, Porsche Boxster S

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

harrysidhu

I want to bounce somethings off u guys. I turn 50 shortly. BTW I had my MID LIFE CRISIS long time ago already !!! Ha ha ) Think its time I better spend on a car I always wanted. I want to but a performance cabrio. I used to drive my merc with sun roof open almost all the while when I was travelling outstation when I was alone. Did the same wit the R Rover.

I still enjoy driving fast when the road allows and really look forwards my early morning sunday fast drives to Seremban using the Broga raod etc.

Choices are all second hand due to costs consideration. My children in uni man !!. The car is only to be used on weekends thus will be very low usage.

Porsche Boxster 3.2S price around 300k and BMW M3 E46 Cabrio. I have driven the Porsche 2.7 and Beemer 330 Cabrio. I did not like the slight uneasiness in handling of the 330 Cabrio but love the practicality of having back seats even though not really necessary.

The falling prices of the M3 is making it an attractive choice..Can get a 04 good one just below 280k now..

Every day I get some crazy idea and keeping doing a "seesaw"...one days its the Boxster next its the M3...

OK the floor is open. Let me hear some other points of view
:confused:

Last edited:
E46 M3 can be easily mistaken for a 318 ci and there is plenty of that on the road. However, one only need to open the throttle of a M3 to fall in love with the glorious 3.2 from the Engine of the year makers. Makes your spine tingle (sat in one before, still remember it).

But for me, my romance is with the Boxster, especially so if you can stretch to the later 987. The handling is on par with the best in its class and being mid engine gives it a rather more special sense of occassion everytime u turn the wheel, (M3's interior is the same as any e46). It is also more complete as you get the option of going topless when you want to. Worsen's the mid-life crisis imagine but who cares?

So in short, its the Boxster for me. During weekends that is, and M3 every other day.......

thansk guys looks like I better go make some time to test drive both first

never drove nor sat inside both..and way out of my league to own one..both are superb cars..ever consider a R35 GTR? :biggrin:

u remind me of my father..good luck on ur searching bro :biggrin:

I want to bounce somethings off u guys. I turn 50 shortly. BTW I had my MID LIFE CRISIS long time ago already !!! Ha ha ) Think its time I better spend on a car I always wanted. I want to but a performance cabrio. I used to drive my merc with sun roof open almost all the while when I was travelling outstation when I was alone. Did the same wit the R Rover.

I still enjoy driving fast when the road allows and really look forwards my early morning sunday fast drives to Seremban using the Broga raod etc.

Choices are all second hand due to costs consideration. My children in uni man !!. The car is only to be used on weekends thus will be very low usage.

Porsche Boxster 3.2S price around 300k and BMW M3 E46 Cabrio. I have driven the Porsche 2.7 and Beemer 330 Cabrio. I did not like the slight uneasiness in handling of the 330 Cabrio but love the practicality of having back seats even though not really necessary.

The falling prices of the M3 is making it an attractive choice..Can get a 04 good one just below 280k now..

Every day I get some crazy idea and keeping doing a "seesaw"...one days its the Boxster next its the M3...

OK the floor is open. Let me hear some other points of view
:confused:

M3 FTW! :listen:

boxster.. err.. kinda soft, dun you think?

midlife crisis needs something with a 'strong' punch to it.. :rofl:

how bout ferarri F355 bro...price around rm280k++...
but roadtax is a killer....

guys ....drive a boxster HARD...real HARD...its far from being a soft car...yes image is soft but drive it..hard..like u stole it....even the 2.7 I drove I was very impressed.

have you floored a m3 ? might just brings you back to your teenage years bro.. :rofl: furthermore I believe the boxster is not Porsche's best piece , but the m3 is definitely a master-piece for BMW. In the end I think it comes down most to personal preference. Indeed, brother Hikaru has summarized it well enough "one only need to open the throttle of a M3 to fall in love with the glorious 3.2 from the Engine of the year makers. Makes your spine tingle" :wavey:

sorry sorry have never darove or eben sat in a E46 M3...closest I have been in driving the 330C1

u should try the m3 1st bro before making any decision,
u will deeply fall in love with it...

Top Bottom