Check engine light on

daruls

From Facebook
Oct 2, 2010
www.facebook.com
Need help guys..Im using honda eg and my 'check engine light' On during cruising..my car lost power when RPM reach around 3500 rpm!BTW Im using B16a engine..:banghead:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u need to find out whats the error code first...

best is to send to reputable workshop whos familiar with hondas to check

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
PJ check out avantgarde...spoon sports...

if subang dunno...u can try sri muda in shah alam... either siong service or fast autoworks

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro if you want can check your self also...

just need a small wire ... can jump the ecu and check the error code yourself and further diagnose what might be the issue...or you can just bring to a mech... :)

wiramivec

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Putrajaya
i'm facing the same problem...
the differrent is after diagnose with CARMANN it shows "No Error Code"
but check engine is "sometimes" light on.
the mechanic change the "knock sensor" already.... its going better with the power lost problem but the light still on.
suspected distributor.... waiting sparepart from KL
FYI i'm using 4G92 Mitsubishi Mivec 1.6

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
I once kena the problem with the distributor, with the same characteristic like TS.

But mine power lost for the whole rpm, feel like got something pulling the car from behind.
Vtec still kicking. The best part is, no error code shown.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
I once kena the problem with the distributor, with the same characteristic like TS.

But mine power lost for the whole rpm, feel like got something pulling the car from behind.
no error codes normally are mechanical parts problem

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Will the error code be shown only when the check light is on? Lately, when I start my car, the check light will be on and I will have to restart it. Once I restart, the light is gone. I told a mech to check this but he said he can check only if the light is on?? So, I just left it as it is. But on and off, when I start, the check light turns on. So, just restart and it goes. Don't know what's the problem.

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
Will the error code be shown only when the check light is on? Lately, when I start my car, the check light will be on and I will have to restart it. Once I restart, the light is gone. I told a mech to check this but he said he can check only if the light is on?? So, I just left it as it is. But on and off, when I start, the check light turns on. So, just restart and it goes. Don't know what's the problem.
Once the check light is on, the error code is recorded in ECU or similar device. Even it is off, ur mechanic still can retrieve the error code with proper device, janji u dont reset ur ECU, then it will be fine.

If he say he only can retrieve the code when the check light is on, properly he going to jump the code by using wire or paperclip.

just my 50 sen, correct me if i am wrong. :itsme:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Is it possible to see this in the laptop with SManager software? If I'm not wrong, I have seen a tab called Error Codes in it.

Anyway, I will get it checked soon. Thanks Jakk.

wiramivec

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Putrajaya

Jakk...
so how the mech solve ur problem that time? share with me at least..
I'm facing the same problem with my mivec engine

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here is Quick DIY to get the Engine Bay Looking Great

This Applies to Engine Covers too and should cost no more than Some Time and Rm50.oo For the Paint

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1. 1 x tin of VHT(Very High Temperature) Wrinkle Paint
2. 1 x Bottle of Clean Green(Degreaser/Detergent)
3. 1 x Roll of Toilet Paper
4. 1 x Hairdryer/Heatgun
5. 1 x Oven
6. Baking Gloves

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO: ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience