engine check light on

Chicken Little

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
want to ask sifu,my k3vet just change the timing chain coz making alot of noise,take from spare parts shop and the chain is same with myvi,after installing then start the engine,no more sound and the car is fine,but then when i drive back home on d4 mode,then my car engine check light suddenly on,then i try reset ecu by pulling the battery out,then check light gone,i thought its ok then i went for a short run then check light came out again,then i went my workshop and he check all sensor is in proper place and nothing loose,then we diagnostic the ecu and found error code p1602,cannot communicate with auto transmission system,but i dont think anything wrong with my gearbox since swift gear all smooth and no jerk anything,now kepala sakit donno wats wrong with the car,sometime when driving the check light suddenly off then a while more on back,wats the problem?because before i install my timing chain no such problem,hope all sifu can help me

Bump: and 1 more weird thing is,after i reset my ecu by pulling out the battery terminal,then check light gone,then when i cruising the check light also wont come out,but when i off my engine then i start back then start cruising then the check light on again,it happen on the 2nd time,really headache,donno wats going on,hope sifu will help me out

jeffsandhu

May 30, 2008
hurmmm... wierd. have u like tried using back ur old timing belt and see? or maybe ur mech accidently disturb a wiring when changing ur belt?
when the check engine light is on, do u feel any different to the car? like heavier or jerkier? if no, it just could be a faulty wiring... lets all pray for that... :thefinger:

Chicken Little

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
the engine is normal and gear shifting is smooth,nothing wrong with the engine,but the error code p1602 say cannot communicate with auto transmission system,wat the hell tat means?and when changing timing chain he onli unplug 2-3 sensor and he plug in back also,i was there when he installing the timing chain,very weird problem,yesterday i went back home from workshop,half way then the check light off and arrive my home also off,the next day i drive my car start the engine the engine light not there also,then i drive out a while more then engine light came out again,weirddddd

wael

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
www.mypanoramic.com
As I know and my friends experience on his Suzuki Swift, unplug@disconnect car battery for purpose to reset ECU is the wrong way to do. By doing that you will loose your ECU setting of your car.
Why don't you go for retuning your ECU at your authorized service center.

Chicken Little

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
i dont think pulling out the battery will effect my car,because changing timing chain tat time,battery didnt pull out also,and we start the car inside bengkel and no check light is on tat time,once i went back home off the engine,a while more i start the engine jalan a while then check light on,its a weird situation,after pulling out battery,then check light gone,on the 1st run no matter how far i drive the check light wont on also,but after i off my engine then start back run a while then check light menyala,very weird problem,i really donno wat's happening

wael

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
www.mypanoramic.com
yes you are right pulling out your battery will not effect your car. BUT it's will effect your computer box (ECU) setting. you need to retuning your ECU correctly.
Some modern car when you disconnect your battery its will loose your ECU setting and you need to retune your ECU.
or
may be your timing chain is not align correctly.

may i know what car you having a problem actually

Chicken Little

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
my car a kelisa with k3vet yrv engine,but sometime when the check light is on,then sometime the light will gone suddenly,donno wats tat,and if timing chain not align properly should effect my timing,but my timing ngam and nothing wrong with it,and 1 more thing,my engine and myvi engine is the same engine,but the timing chain of yrv and myvi is a bit different,myvi chain is a bit shorter,but my mech say my ori yrv chain exband longer and tats why the chain cause sound when starting the car,suspect is the chain problem,but now my car running smooth,no problem at all just the check light menyala

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
2 thing you can do to try to fix it yourself.

1. use a contact cleaner to clean the contact point of the sensors, and AT connection contacts. because sometime mechanic oil hand will affect the contact points

2. try a new batt, it could be the weak batt which is disturbing the ecu

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
In the factory workshop manual, at the diagnostic section, match the fault code that on the list and you can find the troubleshoot procedure and also parts that potentially failed.

Chicken Little

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
we diagnostic the code is p1602 and the diagnostic tool just have 1000 code for daihatsu yrv,and the code i have is 602 more which the diagnostic tool dont have,just told us the problem is communicate with a/t system,didnt tell us the solution too,but weird thing is my car running fine,and sometime the light go off then on back,i suspect some sensor longgar

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
then may i know which service center can retune back my ecu?
just try Perodua workshop located in front of Campbell soup factory there. they r infamous M5 Racing crew...:adore::adore::adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Have a Waja year 2002. Was thinking of leathering up the interior. Wanna get the seats, door panels, centre console and dash done. Looking for something that doesnt feel spongy but nice and firm. Any idea on where this can be done and also some tips on leather selection would be good. Also rough cost would be nice. Thanks guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience