Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com

*** the right bulb already kong laa..

1. take off dashboard panel
2. unplug heater, air-cond & hazard sockets
3. unscrew 4 pieces skru at meter panel
4. take out the meter panel (this part quite leceh laaa)
5. identified which bulb had kong already (u can take out the bulb by twisting the blue or black thingy behind the meter panel - pix 2)
6. finish then put all back to origin places

TQ..

Last edited:

over

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ampang
if i wanna paint my bulb to red color ...how??? wut type of paint to use???..where to find??

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
if you want red then you have to find that 'blue condom/sarung' and use a felt marker pen to paint it red. Can try in art shop supplies.

I believe its all the same size and wattage. I took out all mine to remove the blue thingy... but too bright so thinking of getting it back but can't find it anywhere.

Blue is abit difficult (if you mean something like the EL ones). Coz its usually the meter panels that reflect the colour not the bulbs

When we meet, i can share with you some of my experience in DIY EL meters.

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
well actually the meter and the head light(small light) are using the same bulbs,so u can go to any spare part shop to get the replacement bulbs,they also selling bulbs that come with difference kind colour. hope this can help...

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i wanan change it in to some cool colour one... can i get de bulb sumwhere in kl???
if paint can v jus paint on it... wit wat [paint?

lby

Known Member
May 1, 2005
Johor Bahru
www.lby.fotopic.net
i think you can get it from any spare part shop in kl,just tell them you want the bulbs that used in the meter panel or small light.

i saw others using difference colour of bulbs on their small light,so i think you can get it with the colour that you wan.paint i should be ok,but make sure your paint is transperent.

what paint should use, im not too sure about it,but what i saw at the shop,they selling red,blue and white.

price around RM0.50 - RM 1.00

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
if u wanto get those colored bulbs... get those with whole bulb tinted wan.... not those tinted half bulb... de layer will fade or mayb peel off....

those whole bulb tinted wan is de glass material itself already de color.... so it wun fade...

i think u can get them from pasar road.... rm8 a pair wan... i onli saw blue lar... its white light wan...

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
i wan to change my bulb also
:(
but i stuck at first step
dono how to take off the panel

i already taken off the top3 screws...
but seem like there r other screws also
but dono where...

dono anyone can help me?
my car is 120y

dingz

3,000 RPM
Oct 7, 2004
is it use the same step if my car using 4g91 dashbord??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guan : Aiya.. screw the blue bulb. Change your meter panel (whole thing) to clear plastic then put in neon lights and GLOW MAN GLOWWWWW.. haahhaha

suchap69

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Izso said:
Guan : Aiya.. screw the blue bulb. Change your meter panel (whole thing) to clear plastic then put in neon lights and GLOW MAN GLOWWWWW.. haahhaha
put in the strobe light better, can gain 5% torque

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Izso said:
wah.. like dat too flashy ah.... wait i go blind ah... hahaha

wait those ppl driving opposite direction or infront of me saw my face at nite.. with a neon glow... then they tot saw ghost ah... wahahahaha!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to DIY my own micro compressor. i heard a few of you guys here successfully built one. can anybody help me on this?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience