catalytic converter

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Originally posted by SyXt3m@Jan 25 2005, 22:07
THe car converter acts as some gay thing to reduce air pollution...I have removed mine and added a bullet.. You have 2 choices either add a straigh pipe or a bullet to increase a bit hp...
Just sharing my itsy bitsy small knowledge :D
if let say i use back my original pipping but just remove the cat converter is it ok. I dont add bullet but just sambung pipe at the place where i cut the cat converter. Is tis recommended?

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
haih...
me always very confused...

to remove it.. to feel a tiny bit increasing of power

or to maintain it
so our environment is less polluted...

SyXt3m

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
ACtually if you want a pipe instead of the bullet , its possible.. Its cheaper but u gotta know about your current exhaust..If you are using stock exhaust system say like my satria oem system....the air flow from the pipes will be very strong because instead of going tru the cat, the air will only go tru a normal pipe which allows total air flow and it will make a "unpleasent" sound instead of vrooom will go preakkkkkkk...HAaha u can use back ur original pipes

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
Originally posted by SyXt3m@Jan 26 2005, 17:16
ACtually if you want a pipe instead of the bullet , its possible.. Its cheaper but u gotta know about your current exhaust..If you are using stock exhaust system say like my satria oem system....the air flow from the pipes will be very strong because instead of going tru the cat, the air will only go tru a normal pipe which allows total air flow and it will make a "unpleasent" sound instead of vrooom will go preakkkkkkk...HAaha u can use back ur original pipes
wah!!! if got that preakkk sound.. then i dun wan lah...
i wan something very bassy sound rather than the preaaakkk sound...
thanks bro

SyXt3m

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
"If" you want to sambung pipe lar...you need to change ur rear muffler box...DOnt use the original muffler box then can liow...My friend did a S-flow muffler set and replaced the CAT with a pipe..It works well and its bassy..All depends on your muffler :D :D :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wira Aeroback was stolen on 27th of December 2007
(white colour of body, Black colour bonnet, Rim Advan RG 16)
at section 13 Shah Alam, Selangor Malaysia.

if anyting please contact iwan : 012-9313232

thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience