Cars to buy with a budget of rm90k or less?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Who cares what your daugther says when an Australian review website says it beats the Odyssey for comfort? Exora beat Odyssey yo!
My daughter did not say the car is or is not comfortable, but I said the car door cannot be lean upon......hahhahhahahha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Ignore Exora and go for Alza instead like unker Fred. :biggrin:
Actually tried the Alza first, before going to test the Exora. Alza Just too small.....:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haven't yet. Have you?
Don't dismiss CVT so quickly. I still like my manuals no doubt, but CVT is probably the way to go for "cheaper" autos. Smooth acceleration and when kicking down for extra power it's noticeable and damn it's responsive. No where near as violent as traditional torque convertor. Besides, CVT is more efficient. Always in the right for the right event, ok mah.

And yes I have driven CVT - own one! The Altis is a good looking car, but that's about it. The engine is 3 generations old and everything except the CVT is old. Features wise the new Sylphy beats it and I suspect the driving experience would beat it too (stock vs stock). Not because I'm biased, because the drive for the last 2 generation of Altis was exactly the same.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Don't dismiss CVT so quickly. I still like my manuals no doubt, but CVT is probably the way to go for "cheaper" autos. Smooth acceleration and when kicking down for extra power it's noticeable and damn it's responsive. No where near as violent as traditional torque convertor. Besides, CVT is more efficient. Always in the right for the right event, ok mah.

And yes I have driven CVT - own one! The Altis is a good looking car, but that's about it. The engine is 3 generations old and everything except the CVT is old. Features wise the new Sylphy beats it and I suspect the driving experience would beat it too (stock vs stock). Not because I'm biased, because the drive for the last 2 generation of Altis was exactly the same.
3 generations still using same engine and tech is Vios la bro. Not Altis. :listen:
The same 1NZ-FE with 4 spd AT

Different engine from 10.5 generation onwards. Though Dual VVT-i has already been around for quite sometime before it was used in Altis 10.5 Gen onwards for the 1st time. Only the generation after mine is still using the same 1ZZ-FE engine and 4spd A/T.

10.5 Gen onwards are Dual VVT-i ZR code engine instead of the single VVT-i ZZ code engine. To be exact year 2010 model onwards iinm.

This model started with ZR Engines with Dual VVT-i and CVT gearbox and with variants from 1.8L - 2.0L.

Driving experience, not sure for the current one though. No chance to test drive. :frown:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Because of CVT? Lack of gearchanges?
Strictly speaking.. CVT don't lack gearchanges.. it is infinitely changing "gears"...or more accurately, gear ratios.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Perhaps that is just my own preference because I prefer the feel of manual especially during gear changes when you release the clutch quickly right after engaging into the next gear. That sudden surge of power.

But I am not implying that CVT and torque converters are not good. Just that for now, I don't feel that it suits me.

As for the engines for Altis, the earlier versions are using the older ZZ series engine with VVT-i on the intake side only. Newer ones are using ZR series engine with VVT-i on both the intake and exhaust side.

3 generations still using same engine and tech is Vios la bro. Not Altis. :listen:
The same 1NZ-FE with 4 spd AT

Different engine from 10.5 generation onwards. Though Dual VVT-i has already been around for quite sometime before it was used in Altis 10.5 Gen onwards for the 1st time. Only the generation after mine is still using the same 1ZZ-FE engine and 4spd A/T.

10.5 Gen onwards are Dual VVT-i ZR code engine instead of the single VVT-i ZZ code engine. To be exact year 2010 model onwards iinm.

This model started with ZR Engines with Dual VVT-i and CVT gearbox and with variants from 1.8L - 2.0L.

Driving experience, not sure for the current one though. No chance to test drive. :frown:
I know right. The Dual VVT-i Altis was launched in 2010. I remember that because that time I was starting to get into cars. The noticeable difference would be at the rear where the facelifted models have clear signal lights while the pre facelift version had orange signal lights.

Strictly speaking.. CVT don't lack gearchanges.. it is infinitely changing "gears"...or more accurately, gear ratios.
But those are pseudo or virtual gears. What I mean is CVT lacked real "gearchanging" as it does not have any gears at all.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
But those are pseudo or virtual gears. What I mean is CVT lacked real "gearchanging" as it does not have any gears at all.
Yeah, its a belt, or chain, depending on the application... I can't help but get the "rubber band" feel when I drive a CVT.. it does feel disconnected at times.. I guess there's some slack in it.

Sadly all modern cars seems to be going towards CVT.. emissions..fuel efficiency..blah blah..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But CVT picks the right ratio, therefore no lag or less, unlike gear ratio you need correct rpm to drive it...

cytsae3z0

Aug 25, 2014
Kuching
yo guys,sorry for the late reply. juz got back from kampung and hardly to get a decent internet connection there.

Been reading all the replies,and those were much of help. Thanks again guys.

im not underestimating local brand car,it's a condition that set up by my parents tho. i didnt really fancy a local car but inspira,myvi,preve werent bad at all. especially inspira since it's a lancer even with a proton badge on it and 1.8 not to mention.

for mitsubishi attrage,i hate it more than vios(which i dont really hate it like i was). and yeah,jazz do look like a girlish some sort of car,but the first time i look at it i was like "wow,not bad...ohh,it's jazz..look diff from the previous model". city might be one the best choice here,and it's on my toplist now. but one thing that makes me hesitate on choosing city is,out of 10 my nearest neighbour, there are 3-4 using city(not the new 1,but still).

and yeah,my parents will responsible on the installment myb until i got a decent job or pay. but all the maintenance i guess will be paid by myself as far as it concern.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Suits campro I've to say. Because it lacks low end grunt.
For FC and city drivability, def good.
Ya, that's why glad Preve and Suprima are using the CVTs. Pick up powderful.

yo guys,sorry for the late reply. juz got back from kampung and hardly to get a decent internet connection there.

Been reading all the replies,and those were much of help. Thanks again guys.

im not underestimating local brand car,it's a condition that set up by my parents tho. i didnt really fancy a local car but inspira,myvi,preve werent bad at all. especially inspira since it's a lancer even with a proton badge on it and 1.8 not to mention.

for mitsubishi attrage,i hate it more than vios(which i dont really hate it like i was). and yeah,jazz do look like a girlish some sort of car,but the first time i look at it i was like "wow,not bad...ohh,it's jazz..look diff from the previous model". city might be one the best choice here,and it's on my toplist now. but one thing that makes me hesitate on choosing city is,out of 10 my nearest neighbour, there are 3-4 using city(not the new 1,but still).

and yeah,my parents will responsible on the installment myb until i got a decent job or pay. but all the maintenance i guess will be paid by myself as far as it concern.
That's something u have to accept. A daily car is quite common everywhere.

If you dun want to look the same as others have to get 2nd hand performance car.
Such cars like Vios, City, Almera, Myvi or affordable family cars are quite common.

Only performance cars especially 2nd hand ones like a few examples Altezza, Skyline, Supra, MR2, MR-S, S2000, and etcs are not that common.

Kia Rio lo, still not too many on the road :biggrin:

When u have the cash the time, just make your City look different by modding la. Rims, Bodykits, Vinyl designs and etcs

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
cytsae3z0 Don't dismiss the attrage so quickly. Go test drive it then test drive all the other cars you're interested in. You'll realise the Attrage is super ultra lightweight and way more agile. Like I said, a little suspension mods, nicer wheels and the car will look pretty good. Even better since the car is very low maintenance (manual gear one la)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my bro's car gti is always jerking...y? last time the mekanik said cable plug no2 problem..change the new one (one set). after that, it happens again after 2 months...whats the problem actually? anyone can help me in order to avoid him to replace the cable plug every two months..hehe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience