Call man & Workshop to avoid

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Greetings ZTHtizen..

First of all, sorry if this went to the wrong thread. BTW found this but not sure it's the right one.

well shit happen and lesson learnt.

Met an accident last March, someone knocked my car over. Make police report and so on. And it's time to send to a workshop. My car still can be driven btw, so i took my sweet time looking for a workshop. But unfortunately was caught up with work and it's been delayed for almost two weeks.

One day got back home from office, was approached by a call man, introduced as khan and ask me whats the story bla...bla... and he offered his service, which i was reluctant since i have already found my workshop. so i demand for a replacement car while my car being repair, if he want to take on the case. which he manage to find one and i was like why not then...

and my car sent to this workshop in taman mayang in kelana jaya, LKM Workshop to be exact. before and during the handover, i was having few issues like the guy promise me certain day, then it delays few days. i even have to send the car to the workshop and i wasn't given a handover letter during that time. call the guy and he said it's with him, and he's not there during that time. all the doc has been passed to the workshop, except for the "keputusan kes" which still pending.

my car's ready after a week and i went to the workshop to get it, which i had to personally do the follow up now and then (the guy said he's busy). earlier that day, call the workshop to check on my claim status, but had been told with so many excuses, and told me that i would have to fork out my own money if i needed the car soon. had an argument with my call man on this, which he come up with so many excuse. the only issue is that my "keputusan kes" went RTI as refer to insurance. and the workshop cant do the claim whatsoever. i'm totally pissed since it's not my problem.

i had to pay for the damage which was like a freaking 2K for a bumper, knocked-on fender, respray (and two pieces of plastic underneath -> this has been replaced the next visit after i found out it's still the broken old one, and one of the part was taken from another car!!). Overall, it was a shitty job, the paint job was dusty, the fitting all gone as if its just plug without putting some thoughts to it, was promised a new fender, and been claimed one by the workshop owner upon delivery but manage to caught them red handed, another round of excuses.

The call man boss told me he'll handle the case since his guy is totally useless. which he gave me until mid may to get the claim back. Called him last week and the boss said my insurance company delays the claim. i went to make calls to the insurance company, to my surprise they never get any report in. Call back the boss, which he pick up one time, and never pickup the phone not, even the useless guy.

Alright, to cut the story short i'm going to proceed to kpdnkk for a complaint. i don't expect to get my money back anyways. and to the call man and the boss, sorry to reveal your identity. well, you should've do your job properly if you really serious about making business, else do other business.

attached is a few proves for you all to judge.

Details:

Call man: KHAN 0169157291
the boss: ACIS 0173024336
Excellent Auto Work (SA0150395-U), they work along federal highway

the workshop:
L.K. Choy Motor/ LKM Workshop Sdn Bhd (000886833-V)
0378033058/0122121289

Attachments

Last edited:

davidyapdls

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro....why the workshop name and the call man card is different?? nowadays all these call man are making quick money out of people....you don't even know them by right you should not have given them the car....if you don't know any friends who are working in the claiming line at least go see your leaflet that insurance gave you to find a better workshop rather than have to go thru with all these....from what i know if you are busy you could call up your insurance and they will send people over to come and collect the car on your behalf too....wherever you are just tell them and they will come to assist you....more over you buy insurance from them and they have to be responsible.....just my 2 cents bro....sorry if i offended you..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I remember there are few cases adi and even once I met an
accident before, quite serious, front bonnet and bumper all
damage, after 5 mins of the accident, I drive the car to the
side of the road waiting for my uncle.

A Call Man came shortly with a tow truck. Ask me if I wanna tow,
he said he can tow to a workshop and get it done for me. I said no,
wait. Let me call my uncle, they told me not to let that call man tow
my car until he arrives. Don't let them tow the car to their workshop
or watsoever until he comes.

So, my uncle arrives and demand that the car to be tow to Nissan SC
somewhere in balakong i think..was like 5 - 6 years ago so I can't really
remember.

Until today, after reading so many cases of call man towing the car to a
workshop that they recommended, turn out to be a shitty job or got in
trouble in the end. Well, thank god that I did the right thing waiting for
my uncle and tow it to Service Center instead...

Really, never let a call man tow your car to any workshop that they
recommend..always go to the workshop you preferred or the one u trust.
If you don't have any, to be safe, best to tow it to Service Center...:top:

Call friends or any family members that might know some good mech, that
way, you will not get into trouble with lousy low-life mechs or workshops
who do shitty job and try to con you.

Just my point of view :beer:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah, true, never ever let a call man approach u...if they do...say u edi call your insurance company & waiting for tow truck...unless if its your close fren then ok la.....

i suggest u register with AAM, when i need a tow truck, i always insists that they get an outsourced tow truck company to come tow my car, they will reach within 30-40mins...if normal AAM truck will take bout 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to arrive.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Mine quite fast, I reached KLIA, battery dead LOL! Cuz just dropping off my GF at KLIA. Call AAM to come, about 40mins arrived adi :top:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
nowaday most of the insurance company do provide auto assist/accident assist. just call the call centre, they will refer you to a workshop under their panel nearest to your location, this will be easy as it will be monitored under the insurer and anything you can refer direct to the insurance company.

another way is to send direct to the manufacturer, e.g proton, honda or toyota and they will refer it to their trusted panel or in house repairer.

one more thing, latest trend, callman nowaday does not carry one bag, they are tied up with many workshops (as diff workshop has diff insurance panel)....so they will decide to pass the case to which workshop who has panel and offers highest comm.

there are few workshop who do not do accident repair work, they employs callman to move around and gather all the accident cars and then they will allocate/pass to workshops that offers good deal to repair the cars they harvest....

actually all goes back to the one who enforce...we are the consumer, hard to control situation like this when we met accident....sorry to hear about yr claim dilemma....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
My experience of few accident, all call man suck, they will tell u nice thing, after tow the car bac to workshop they just deny it, never said it b4. Then workmanship like crap, paint dripping, dashboard also got paint, untill now 6 month never heard about my not functioning side mirror anymore that i already fix my self. call them never pickup n always bz or still in proses. NAVER trust workshop outside, NEVER... try send to ori factory, atleast they fix ori part not china local part. if any 1 wanna know the workshop name i will put it here. its in klang.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Mine quite fast, I reached KLIA, battery dead LOL! Cuz just dropping off my GF at KLIA. Call AAM to come, about 40mins arrived adi :top:
sf,
if normal mech come to check your car very fast wan.....cos can untung ma sell battery to u.....
if tow truck they will take their own sweet time....cos rugi haha....

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
good post bro def_lok. callman = conman. there are good callman but rarely seen. guess this conman are born mofo's bunch.

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
Ive a question. All the above scenes, showing that we are in a good condition. What if we met with an accident, we are in the bad shape, then what will happen? Coz from what i experienced, my friend met with an accident, he's in a bad shape, bleeding, cuts, bruises and all. As me and other friends arrived there, the scene were crowded with call mans. As we are waiting for the ambulance, one of the call man, out of nowhere, went to my friend, asked for his ic. And ofcoz, out of rationality and due to my friend's condition, he took out his wallet, and gave his IC. Since my fren were badly injured, the callman asked one of us to sign one document i guess approval to tow the car or something. He got it. So my question is, the above scenario, is it legal? And what if, we are in my fren's place where we are injured, what will happen to our car?

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well, yep..shit happen and lesson does learnt the hard way.

btw i've already contacted my insurance before this thing happen and got my panel workshop sorted. but most of them either don't have or cant lend me a car while having mine fix. my nature of work require me to travels a lot, which i couldn't think of any (renting car for a week is not in my budget) except to just send to this call man.

talk about call man, i have friends who work as one last time, in fact i did help out a little here and there during that time for my college fees, but we did our work the best we could. not all the call man are the same, those who came along thinking this job is cool, macho or gangster-ish that spills the shit out of it. some even too desperate for one case they end up beating the hell out of each other (call man vs call man), on the scene.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

My experience of few accident, all call man suck, they will tell u nice thing, after tow the car bac to workshop they just deny it, never said it b4. Then workmanship like crap, paint dripping, dashboard also got paint, untill now 6 month never heard about my not functioning side mirror anymore that i already fix my self. call them never pickup n always bz or still in proses. NAVER trust workshop outside, NEVER... try send to ori factory, atleast they fix ori part not china local part. if any 1 wanna know the workshop name i will put it here. its in klang.
you should bro, what happen is, most of us nowadays google. so if happen the workshop have a bad repo over here, you dapat pahala sunat :proud:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Ive a question. All the above scenes, showing that we are in a good condition. What if we met with an accident, we are in the bad shape, then what will happen? Coz from what i experienced, my friend met with an accident, he's in a bad shape, bleeding, cuts, bruises and all. As me and other friends arrived there, the scene were crowded with call mans. As we are waiting for the ambulance, one of the call man, out of nowhere, went to my friend, asked for his ic. And ofcoz, out of rationality and due to my friend's condition, he took out his wallet, and gave his IC. Since my fren were badly injured, the callman asked one of us to sign one document i guess approval to tow the car or something. He got it. So my question is, the above scenario, is it legal? And what if, we are in my fren's place where we are injured, what will happen to our car?
one word of advice, NEVER put ur signature on any document/paper if u rnt fully sure of the contents, they cant force u to sign on it fyi

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
good post bro def_lok. callman = conman. there are good callman but rarely seen. guess this conman are born mofo's bunch.
Sometimes I wonder these 'Conmans' got not other better job to do ka? Rather than hunting for breakdown or accident cars...how much can you get for a living with such job...:hmmmm2:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SF : I don't think "vultures" are that bad. They probably get a huge chunk of comission or something. It's those that sabotage the road thats really low. A friend of mine slid her kancil and almost fell off the flyover when the car lost control in the bend near the Sg Besi airport. The callman was there in just a couple of minutes after the crash which is crazy. Suspected patch of oil on the road caused the accident and the way the patch was placed was too much of a coincidence to be 'natural'.

E-CB3 - 666

Emperor
Apr 25, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
"vultures" they are. sabotage us by spilling used engine oil is one. callman / conman are scumbags. always act like gangsters, proud of their clan / tribe. wonder did they come from Africa 419 syndicate. we should put them as the same league as rempit pest. this mofo's should be considered public enemy.

they are coward when alone & bark like wild dogs when in group.