Bad experience with tires shop at Prima Saujana Kajang

keiseng79

Jun 28, 2005
THE MINES
Dear all,

Recently, I went to change new rims and 2 new tires for my car at a tire shop at PRIMA SAUJANA KAJANG WITH "FALKEN" SIGNBOARD. This shop is near to the McD, behind 7-11 row. It was Apr 2013. I trusted the shop, after changed I straight away paid and drove back without checking the tires. After got home, my neighbour came, we chatted a while and he found that the tires were made in Mid 2011! I was shocked...

But I was too busy that I didn't have time to revisit the shop to ask. Then I sent my car to service, then the workshop owner advised me to check back with the tire shop, saying that it could be a misunderstand. When I finally got back to the tire shop to ask, the lady boss (which I dealt with initially) wasn't there. I told the tire guy who changed the tires for me about this, his look changed as if he already smell that something is wrong. He said he couldn't control anything as the lady boss was not there. I went back.

Then the lady boss called my mobile, I asked her, she said that 2011 batch is still under warranty, and offer me warranty up to 2016! I didn't agree and said that she should at least be frank to me about the tire production year, but she fiercely replied that "you didn't ask, so I thought you don't care! All my customers also like that! I just sell what tires I have!"...

Dear all SIFU, is this normal?? Or am I asking too much? Thanks.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
go back, demand a 2013 made ones...if not tell her u will file a claim at tribunal.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

last time i bought toyo. it was 2011, they informed me that they only have 2010 stock & rm70-80 cheaper. if i want 2011 made i have
to wait 1 week. ended up i went for 2011 made.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
She shud be honest, she shud just tell you those tires are old stock.
2year old tires, dunno whether they are as soft as new ones.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Actually, most tyres shop are like that, especially if you are not regular, u want what tyres they will just change for u if you did
not ask or check which year the tyre was made from.

Which is why, nowadays most of us when we buy tyres, we will check or ask the boss which year is the tyre.
Some unscrupulous ones will even sell you tyres that close to 1 year left expired tyres.

Usually tyres more than 3 years recommended not to take. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some you even have to check if there are any crack lines on the tyres. Usually new tyres won't have such problem but
is wise to check your tyres.

When I bought my tyres the time, I ask the boss which year is it? He said just arrive 2 days ago this Model. He showed me
the date and he said only have 2 sets. Means 4 tyres per set.

But like Danz said, just request for the latest one or you will file a tribunal claim. Tribunal case, get advise from sifu danz :rofl:

No harm checking your tyres, don't need to hesitate or feel you might offend the tyre shop owner that
you don't trust him or her. You are paying few hundreds to thousands and not few ringgit. Is your right.

Euphoria

Known Member
Nov 29, 2008
Normally, tyres have a shelf life of 5 years.. Well, the lady boss is not completely wrong in a sense that the warranty is till 2016.. I had bad experience with Falken tyres before.. Since the price is roughly the same like Conti Max Contact 5, why don't you take MC5.. LOL! Superb grip holding my swaggy ass Neo on the road..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Get CC5 or Michelin also at least better. Guess he bought Falken ZE912. Grip is good but lifespan shorter.

keiseng79

Jun 28, 2005
THE MINES
I believe that honesty plays the most important role in retaining customers. I myself is in retail business, and I try to practice honesty as often as I can, so do how I always encourage my staffs in doing the same. There are bad apples out there, and that the shop I mentioned is definitely in the list. At least let the customer choose, New stock = normal price, old stock = cheaper price, make your choice!

And guess what, my other friend has also bad experience with this shop, his house is also nearby this area... aih...

Friends, please take note of the tire manufacturing date each time you make a tire change. Please learn from my experience.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
im use falken 912 bfo..n masuk longkang......nightmare......now....i welling to pay more for better grip tyre........life no 2nd chance.....y want to compromise on this......

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I believe that honesty plays the most important role in retaining customers. I myself is in retail business, and I try to practice honesty as often as I can, so do how I always encourage my staffs in doing the same. There are bad apples out there, and that the shop I mentioned is definitely in the list. At least let the customer choose, New stock = normal price, old stock = cheaper price, make your choice!

And guess what, my other friend has also bad experience with this shop, his house is also nearby this area... aih...

Friends, please take note of the tire manufacturing date each time you make a tire change. Please learn from my experience.
Yes, which is why those dishonest ones, we will usually see them closing shop sooner or later.
Proven and experienced. No matter what business, once you are dishonest, out u go. Word of mouth spread faster than bird flu

im use falken 912 bfo..n masuk longkang......nightmare......now....i welling to pay more for better grip tyre........life no 2nd chance.....y want to compromise on this......
Yup, no point save on tyres but compromise our lives for just few hundred.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
waa.. my ride is on dis tyre, look like i need better one in my next change :bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
better than one tyre shop at jalan reko kajang, change spring there (bought at a shop just beside that tyre shop) (lowered a bit only) ask me to correct the camber by buying camber screw (rm75), i said no, then another guy said my absorber mounting front right rosak already & offered me to look at a new one, i was like WTH? car only 1 year. i said nevermind pasang back and show me the new one after you pasang back mine but he didn't show me/forgot, he said got noise la after pasang back but i found no noise. Some more they said the spring i'm changing same height as the standard one so don't ask to change back to standard or they will charge same as the price they install. After install the car is lowered i think they are shocked and kept quiet.

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
waa.. my ride is on dis tyre, look like i need better one in my next change :bawling:
912 isn't that bad la. Just be careful not to be aggressive with this old tyre. The rubber compound might be a bit harder than normal but 2 year old tyres are usable. I had Yoko AD07 2009 tyres on my Myvi in 2012. Used for a year before had to change because botak. Ok only. Gripped like mad until FC was affected.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually, most tyres shop are like that, especially if you are not regular, u want what tyres they will just change for u if you did
not ask or check which year the tyre was made from.

Which is why, nowadays most of us when we buy tyres, we will check or ask the boss which year is the tyre.
Some unscrupulous ones will even sell you tyres that close to 1 year left expired tyres.

Usually tyres more than 3 years recommended not to take. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some you even have to check if there are any crack lines on the tyres. Usually new tyres won't have such problem but
is wise to check your tyres.

When I bought my tyres the time, I ask the boss which year is it? He said just arrive 2 days ago this Model. He showed me
the date and he said only have 2 sets. Means 4 tyres per set.

But like Danz said, just request for the latest one or you will file a tribunal claim. Tribunal case, get advise from sifu danz :rofl:

No harm checking your tyres, don't need to hesitate or feel you might offend the tyre shop owner that
you don't trust him or her. You are paying few hundreds to thousands and not few ringgit. Is your right.
Yup, most tyre shop if you do not know them they will try to push off their older tyre first. So it is better to learn how to read the tyre manufacturing date so as not to get conned.

As for 2011 tyres they are still usable, slightly less then 2 years. However if you are low user, get as new as possible. If you travel a lot then it is okay.
I doubt you can win in tribunal for this case, as the tyres are still usable and date of manufacture did not arise at time of purchase.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

last time i bought toyo. it was 2011, they informed me that they only have 2010 stock & rm70-80 cheaper. if i want 2011 made i have
to wait 1 week. ended up i went for 2011 made.
I will take the 2010 stock since I use tyres up pretty fast. 1 year old tyres are still good, especially cheaper by RM80 each...:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Get CC5 or Michelin also at least better. Guess he bought Falken ZE912. Grip is good but lifespan shorter.
As mentioned before ZE-912 when first launched was good. Have AA traction rating, but not sure why, later batches only had A traction rating and many started to complaint lack in grip....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Yes, which is why those dishonest ones, we will usually see them closing shop sooner or later.
Proven and experienced. No matter what business, once you are dishonest, out u go. Word of mouth spread faster than bird flu
You will be surprised how many still get conned. I have been in tyre forum for 9 years and I still see many being conned. I have tyre shops owners telling me, that I am teaching the members very well, as many will ask about the manufacturing date first, but yet many are still conned? So still many fishes in the ocean....:rolleyes:
I have heard of some shops repeatedly being mentioned conning customers on camber issues and all that but they are still in business and growing too.....:banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Falken 912 ok la...bigger size Japan made..AA grip rating..
normal size thailand made..A rating...

2011 ok la...you should check the manufactured date yourself..
tyre shelf life 4-5 years maa...nothing wrong there..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey people.. i err wanna make me lil wira look nicer.. :P
i wanted to change my rims.. but my dad MADE ME NOT TO..
so i guess its a no no for me..

Is there anything else i can do to my car.. u know like REAL simple ones..
example.. i have this thing in mind.. which is FOG LIGHT.... err recommended?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience