Low Budget Car Mod - P.Wira (Real Noob here)

samsoong

Feb 11, 2008
hey people.. i err wanna make me lil wira look nicer.. :P
i wanted to change my rims.. but my dad MADE ME NOT TO..
so i guess its a no no for me..

Is there anything else i can do to my car.. u know like REAL simple ones..
example.. i have this thing in mind.. which is FOG LIGHT.... err recommended?

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
well, if u still depending on your parents on the mods... and they are strictly against any types of modification on your ride... than there's basically nothing we can discuss about...

well, for starters... you can save up some cash and buy some air refresher for your ride... (i did that when my parents bought me my first car) haha.. then you can fork out some cash here and there and get some add on cosmetics... if you're an interior kinda guy.. then start of by some replica steering wheels??... well, utterly it all depends to you on what you want for your ride... CheerZ and happy modding...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
samsoong, tell ur parents, by changing ur rims from stock to say, a 15 inch aftermarket wheels, handling, braking, basically grip is improved, must emphasise this > SAFETY in driving is improved...heehheheheheeheheh then u may be able to get ur way....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
first, what do u mean in low bugdet mod? outlook? engine performance? or...?
can go to sound system as well if not from mentioned above. :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
axxell's 1st mod is air freshner ah?? hehehe
mine is mugen grille at rm20...haha! those were the days la...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
he mentioned he cant get rims edi lorr....

dude samsoong, scrap the 'low budget' in ur mind and save money.
later when u have about 8-10k, dump in a 1.8 gsr turbo. worth every penny i'd say..now that i've spent more than double of the said amount, my engine still stock and i'm still disappointed. dont be like me.

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
hehehe.. it same like my fren, his father's said DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!! so, wat to do, keep own money, buy other car urself later n mod it la..

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
samsoong, tell ur parents, by changing ur rims from stock to say, a 15 inch aftermarket wheels, handling, braking, basically grip is improved, must emphasise this > SAFETY in driving is improved...heehheheheheeheheh then u may be able to get ur way....
hehe ......he can try that but I don't give much hope to his chances of convincing his parents. His chances are even worse if the only reason for modding is to pimp his ride.

Parents, if they are not car enthusiasts themselves, typically take a dim view of car mods. You tell them it will improve handling and braking, they will respond by telling you to drive slower LOL

Sad to say that if you are not yet financially independent to make your own decisions, then you are mostly sh*t out of luck.

Other than that, what tofu_manic told you is true (with good rims and tyres). Good luck man

samsoong

Feb 11, 2008
first, what do u mean in low bugdet mod? outlook? engine performance? or...?
can go to sound system as well if not from mentioned above. :biggrin:
err.. i need to mod abit of my ICE.. because mine's an old set.. i also wanna mod abit of my outlook..
low bugdet as in around RM1-2k?

samsoong

Feb 11, 2008
well.. i've sat down at some place.. looking right at my car... in a decent manner,i still think it doesnt look nice enough.. u know,it's like i rather look at a original waja than my wira.. :P
i still think there is something for me to do, u know just something simple to make it look nicer..?

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
haha ur parents already strickly say no to moding
and u think of bodykit even worst sure NO!!!!!!!!!
later ur mum say mod until like airplane i duwan sit ur car so malu duno look like wat car kekeke

during my days my 1st moding haha was front bar , keke inside engine bay parents cant see , ur dad does the engine oil and water check 1 ar??

samsoong

Feb 11, 2008
haha ur parents already strickly say no to moding
and u think of bodykit even worst sure NO!!!!!!!!!
later ur mum say mod until like airplane i duwan sit ur car so malu duno look like wat car kekeke

during my days my 1st moding haha was front bar , keke inside engine bay parents cant see , ur dad does the engine oil and water check 1 ar??
i rather they dont sit my car.. -.-
they keep nagging bout the way i drive..
he sents for service.. hehe.. problem leh..? mod front bar..? meaning change engine.. performance?
is fog light advicable?

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
i rather they dont sit my car.. -.-
they keep nagging bout the way i drive..
he sents for service.. hehe.. problem leh..? mod front bar..? meaning change engine.. performance?
is fog light advicable?
Just a personal honest opinion .. If you plan to go for bodykits, Dont do it!!! .. Yet. Since you said u're not allowed to change the rims, best you dont change your bodykit yet in case your wira look like those ahbeng wiras I sometimes see around that still has stock 13" rims, loud straight-flow exhaust and big front very-"ganas" looking bumper.. LAME.

What are you looking for, comfort or performance ? Better learn to love your Wira man.. Since you're gonna be seeing your Wira daily for now, not a Waja.

proton63t

500 RPM
Mar 21, 2007
hmmmmm......better dont mod if u dont have the $$ and the experience and the "permission".....headache.....

BUT.....U might just change to OPEN POD and replace with a aftermarket pipings....Prepare RM1000 for a decent set.....

When u got more money to spare, change ur sparkplugs to Splitfire or Autolite, then upgrade to Pro-Ralleye Spark Cables.... Prepare another RM300 for these.....

Then you have a very "responsive" 4G15 compared to stock.....

Still, u have handling issues and braking issues to handle, if u ever poisoned to drive like a mad man.....hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We can’t get enough of the new BMW M5 F10 and after the static shots of it hit the interwebs, we now have some rolling footage of the super-sedan taking to the course, with a few seconds of mandatory hoonage just because it’s an M5.

Although most of the video consists of the M5 just cruising around the tight course, as we mentioned, there’s a few seconds where it’s let loose. You get to hear the twin-turbo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience