Aftermarket steering and h SRS disable harnessboss kit wit

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Hi,

Just want to ask if anyone knows if there is any shops or accessory shops in KL that sells steering boss kit with SRS disable harness? I know HKB Sports original ones from Japan or daikei does make such a boss kit for most japanese models.

But, in KL only the NRG ones are available and they don't come with the harness to disable the SRS warning lights.

Also trying to find some OMP or Sparco flat 3-spoke steerings but it seems that Speedzone does not carry the entire line up and the OMP distributor in PJ don't even carry OMP steerings at all despite being a distributor. Trying to avoid momo if possible.

Finding it for a Honda Jazz GE8. Any advise is much appreciated.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe u can try pre-order from speedzone?

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Pre-order is one of the ways after i did speak to them. I would still actually prefer if they have it in hand so i can go and take a look and grab it a bit to see if i like holding it.

But, i will still need to sort out the steering boss kit first as that is a more immediate problem to getting the steering itself. Without the boss kit, having the steering itself is pretty pointless.

I think not a lot of people nowadays swap steering which is why the availability of the boss kits are almost zero except for the fake HKB hubs.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Pre-order is one of the ways after i did speak to them. I would still actually prefer if they have it in hand so i can go and take a look and grab it a bit to see if i like holding it.

But, i will still need to sort out the steering boss kit first as that is a more immediate problem to getting the steering itself. Without the boss kit, having the steering itself is pretty pointless.

I think not a lot of people nowadays swap steering which is why the availability of the boss kits are almost zero except for the fake HKB hubs.

btw...to disable your airbag without the srs-airbag light turns on...just do the resistor trick on the airbag connection after remove the unit.....and the rest just matter u install the correct boss-kit/hub-kit and your preferred steering

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Actually i've tried the resistor trick. I haven't changed my steering but i tried to disconnect my battery for a while and then proceed to remove the airbag connector and i wired up 2 x 2ohm resistors from what i read which works for the jazz. Once i re-connect the battery and i turn the keys on, the light will not go off.

After further searching, i read that it might possibly be a 2.2ohm resistor instead of a 2ohm resistor. That lead me to give up and wanted to get the proper boss kit instead but then i realized it is not available in malaysia.

This thing is a bit dodgy.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Actually i've tried the resistor trick. I haven't changed my steering but i tried to disconnect my battery for a while and then proceed to remove the airbag connector and i wired up 2 x 2ohm resistors from what i read which works for the jazz. Once i re-connect the battery and i turn the keys on, the light will not go off.

After further searching, i read that it might possibly be a 2.2ohm resistor instead of a 2ohm resistor. That lead me to give up and wanted to get the proper boss kit instead but then i realized it is not available in malaysia.

This thing is a bit dodgy.

if u wire up 2 resistor parallel...it would be still 2.0ohm...

if in series i think its already 4.0ohm..thats why it doesnt work....

have u try single resistor? 2.0ohm and 2.2ohm not much diff....but maybe u can get 2.3-2.5ohm range and still doing fine...

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
I read that it requires 2 resistors as there are 2 different sets of wiring as in 4 holes on the connector itself. Reason is that there are 2 infiltrators on the airbag module.

They are not ran in serial as they run separate of each other. But, it didn't work. I saw a lot of threads in fitfreak as well but a lot of unsuccessful attempts. That is why i am preferring to buy a proper boss kit that comes with it.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i see....maybe need to do more research on that....specific for the car...

because on other car it need 3.3ohm (or any different resistor value)

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Yea, i think i need to go try some other resistors and see. I was told by my friend to go test the SRS unit with a multimeter to see what is the resistance on that thing.

Aftermarket mods for cars nowadays is sad. Remove stock seats also will cause problems. Pengsan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Malaysia has introduced a new variant into their 5 Series offerings locally, the BMW 528i, that will once again aim and set a new benchmark for the segment.

“The BMW 5 Series has always played an iconic role in the history and success of the BMW Group here in Malaysia as well as throughout the world. With the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience