Cut throat or bad service AfterMarket workshop

kenny84

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Recently went to an aftermarket workshop at PJS, Sunway. Not only look down on people driving K-car but also did not likes people to bargain. Price of workmanship is 5X more that the price of the item. Really feel disappointed. Why we feed them and make them grow fat. :mad:

Quoted: "Although people have different status in life, one person integrity should not worth
more that the others. We should start to respect each other.":proud:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
normal bro if go there wit proton think we got no money! wont layan also! if ask question or price tunjuk muka all! prefer going other places to buy my stuff!

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
in all honesty, i do agree with u guys because i myself also got this sort of treatment from some "reputable" shops in sunway. however, if we look at it from a different perspective, it does make some sense.

for example, everyday, every minute, every second, some tom dick & harry walks into the shop, asking:

"how much for xxx?"
"best price already ah?"
"if i take 2 can cheaper ah"
"ok thank you"

imagine if u go thru that everyday without anyone buying, only asking.. im sure u will get fedup also maaa... no?

kenny84

Jun 13, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In life, do you seen people go to a shop and say:
"I want this and that".
"How much?"
"Very cheap"
Then pay the money.

Moreover, if you are a workers, it was the duty as worker need to service the customer regardless.

If it was the boss, even more appreciated as this is their income except he is fat with money.

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Its the culture we have here. When the business is good they treat customers like dirt. When they feel the competition then customers are like gold.

We shoul;d learn from the Thai, courtesy is their way of life.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sum shops think k-car owner doesnt have money to mod it up, lol. sum of them spent a fortune on their cars. the fact is, sum of them can afford more expensive cars to play with, its a matter of preference je..

err, what were u searching for kenny? if iam able to be of any help, u can pm me for details

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if dowan to layan customers, then balik tido la.....in bussiness that is the way, treat customer wid respect......the customer just wanna survey the price...if the sales person is kind & nice, the buyer might come back & buy.....

last time when i was working in toyota, this indian old man just walk by the showroom after breakfast in the mamak next door, wid shirt untucked & wid tongkat......he just peep inside the showroom to look at the cars by standing outside...other salesman just ignored him...tot he some kinda begger......so i went outside la ask him wanna come inside & look or not, he said dowan la........after pujuk2 him he came inside....last2 he bought toyota innova cash..!!!! he is an owner of an insurance company...

so bottom line is that dont look down on other ppl.......they just dont wanna show their wealth.....

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
in malaysia...the rich gets respect...the poor gets looked down upon.

its our cuture.

if a man dresses up like a fishmonger n goes into a mercedes showroom...the showroom attendant will sure layan without enthusiasm...

if a man who dresses up in a suit walks into a mercedes showroom sure they bring out the coffee n layan properly.

what they dunno is the fishmonger will pay cash to buy a merc...n the suit will pay in instalments n loan may not pass...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
normally a more experienced salesman would attend everyone..even person who walk-in like cheapskates...because they already know which one was the real goldmine.....

only stupid as$ younger salesman who only talk rubbish being so cocky....

*once before....when i was doing building a/c maintenance job on a merc. showroom...this salesman even offered me to buy a smart-car...quite good offer to me..and he seems know that i was capable of buying that at that time even me wearing dirty shirts and only clean his office's air-cond.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

-but i thanks to him and refuse since i'm not really interested in too-small car....that salesman,already work for that showroom almost as equal as my age at that time.... :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Totally agree...I went to a workshop and thought of repairing my friend's GEN2 horn cuz no sound adi...that place also was quite narrow and also hard to find parking...had to park quite far away and walk to the workshop to ask if he can take a look and repair my horn..

Well, walk in, after awhile, he did ask me in cantonese

"What do you want?"

After telling him the problems, he said "Now not free". Try rephrase that in cantonese...then just continue doing what he is doing. Could have just said "can you wait awhile cuz i'm kinda busy or i'm kinda busy with a lot of cars today, do u mind coming another day?

I mean, at least show some good customer service. So, nvm lo. Since you are busy, I'm not that free to wait either. Just walk off with my friend and look for another workshop.

But sometimes is not only the area but is the attitude of that particular mech. So, I went to a workshop at Taman Kinrara and well the service was better. When I tell him my problem, straight he go and have a look and try to repair it.

Too bad it was beyond repair, so didn't charge me a sen and ask his fellow colleague to fix back the bumper for me.

So, I was waiting and waiting for him to fix back the bumper. Once, it is done. He just walk in to the workshop. Waited for another 5 mins cuz I didn't know it was done. Went in and ask him is it done? Then only that mech's colleague nod his head.

Wth? done adi dunno how to tell me arr? think I got six sense or something? Okay, nvm just say thank you to both of them for trying and drove off...unfortunately, when I went home, the side of my front bumper was adi hanging...he did not fix the bumper properly. :banghead:

Haih..really cialat...if dunno how to fix, ask ur senior mech to fix la...fix until now fall off liao...:mad:

Last edited:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
its very true its your attitude, ur running a biz depanding on customer, the more u have the fatter ur wallet is! but if u going to judge ppl by wat the drive wit or look like then better not run a biz, treat everywan the same. dont judge a book by its cover!:]>>>>>>>>>>>>>

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
SF...maybe the clip broke n they make dunno...is not rare case la.

Pomen...i guess that salesman is a pro. those new guys all mostly oni looking for a quick buck. this sort of prejudice not oni in workshops but electronics shop la..handphone shop la...i kena many times aredy so biasa liau. they duwan help me i help myself loh hahaha.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
in malaysia...the rich gets respect...the poor gets looked down upon.

its our cuture.

if a man dresses up like a fishmonger n goes into a mercedes showroom...the showroom attendant will sure layan without enthusiasm...

if a man who dresses up in a suit walks into a mercedes showroom sure they bring out the coffee n layan properly.

what they dunno is the fishmonger will pay cash to buy a merc...n the suit will pay in instalments n loan may not pass...
yes, that is definately true!!!....even vege seller got lotsa money......they use old beat up cars & stay in low costs houses........but their kids all study overseas.......

those in suits all take up loan.....got big house, big car but kids all study in local uni...wtf? when ask to pay loan, say no money.......

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

normally a more experienced salesman would attend everyone..even person who walk-in like cheapskates...because they already know which one was the real goldmine.....

only stupid as$ younger salesman who only talk rubbish being so cocky....

*once before....when i was doing building a/c maintenance job on a merc. showroom...this salesman even offered me to buy a smart-car...quite good offer to me..and he seems know that i was capable of buying that at that time even me wearing dirty shirts and only clean his office's air-cond.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

-but i thanks to him and refuse since i'm not really interested in too-small car....that salesman,already work for that showroom almost as equal as my age at that time.... :driver:
true...even if u cant afford it now or maybe in future.......or u could recommend to yr frens or relatives that interested in smart car.....couple of years down the road u will still remember that salesman....

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

SF,
u use a washer & screw the bumper back.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i got kena b4 wat in those sunway FAMOUS road shops...

tak layan me 1 :stupid:

mebbe he look down on me cos i drive potong only, and went in with only bermuda shorts :stupid:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: