after engine balancing..

upontheriversky

Dec 31, 2007
hi,

i did full engine balancing on kelisa due to fitting oversized pistons and i was hoping to see a big difference in terms of idling vibration but i didnt notice any..vibration at idle almost the same

on high rpm driving, it is smooth but could be the same with before engine balancing

anyone care to share their engine balancing experience?

ddv_nk12

May 18, 2011
PD
may i ask where you did your balancing and how much u paid for it if u dont mind.

upontheriversky

Dec 31, 2007
no problem, i did full dynamic and static balancing at rev performance sunway, he got online shop here so u can ask him out

to be fair to the dealer, i cant disclose the actual price i paid since he gave me a discount but roughly it would be rm700++ for 3 cylinder kelisa engine, bigger engine would cost more obviously

ddv_nk12

May 18, 2011
PD
thank you for sharing bro. i guess its best to do this once u have changed the engine internals right?

Vibration from idle isn't related to engine balancing la. You just reduce harmonic vibration with your balancing and makes things run better or "smoother". Vibration is most likely because of engine mounting - if I recall, your Kelisa has a subframe. Change the subframe mounting and the engine mounting and get oris... but that's super expensive so prepare your wallet. LOL

3cylinder engine sure shake like he'll especially kelisa n kenari

My kenari oso shakes like helllll...anyone installed open port will know..the filter bracket also can broke after sometimes due to vibration

mADmAN

huakenny is right.... its the 3 cylinder layout of the engine... no matter wat u do..... it will vibrate like hell

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
I'd love to get my engine balanced :biggrin:

they just balance the crank shaft, right?

mADmAN

they balance everything....crank, pistons, rod etc etc....

im rebuilding my B20 at the moment and i asked the mech o balance mine oso...costing me RM600

balancing imho is somehing u should do when ur engine is out....but if ur taking out the engine purely for balancing....not worth it....coz the labour cost to take out ur engine and dismantle oso aint cheap

upontheriversky

Dec 31, 2007
they balance everything....crank, pistons, rod etc etc....

im rebuilding my B20 at the moment and i asked the mech o balance mine oso...costing me RM600

balancing imho is somehing u should do when ur engine is out....but if ur taking out the engine purely for balancing....not worth it....coz the labour cost to take out ur engine and dismantle oso aint cheap
where do u send ur car to? is rm600 u are paying includes full static and dynamic balancing?coz thats quite cheap

ive replaced the mounting like 4 months ago but not ori though..but i suppose they dont get worn this fast right?

mADmAN

my mech is sending it to some machine shop....

dunno wat kinda balancing....i just told him i want the engine balanced...so he said ok....says have to send the pistons, crank, conrods, n dunno wat else.

Let's say I wana build a car based off Caterham 7 or Ariel Atom, how would I get it road legal the easy way? Plans are completely home made, not official plans from Caterham or Ariel.

I know the hard way to get it road legal, which involves submitting lots of documents to various gov departments and would take months. Any easy way for a one-off model to get some legal exemption?