4G63 EVO III performance upgrade advice needed

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
hi all,

Need you guys advice. My fren plan to upgrade his EVO 3 engine performance.Current modification:

-EVO 3 engine with HKS 272 cam
-Emanage with turbo module
-standard turbine +38mm external wastegate

He plan to upgrade to 420HP. Is it possilble to upgrade to with standard internals(piston,conrods and etc) Maybe with below items added:

-bigger turbine(withstand 450hp)
-44mm external wastegate
-1.8mm metalgasket
-extra injector(pls advice the needed injector CC)
-FRP
-fine emanage+turbo module tuning.

PLS ADVICE..........

Mr. Yanz

Known Member
Nov 26, 2008
c0smic.com
hi all,

Need you guys advice. My fren plan to upgrade his EVO 3 engine performance.Current modification:

He plan to upgrade to 420HP. Is it possilble to upgrade to with standard internals(piston,conrods and etc) Maybe with below items added:

-44mm external wastegate
-1.8mm metalgasket
-FRP

PLS ADVICE..........
Yup its proven stock engine cant get those number ..

But when its reach 400HP barier stock piston especially EVO 3 .. piston ring break and the center piston between piston ring also crack :banghead: .. too much preasure .. yes you can archieve those number but i think its not worth it to sacrifice your engine .. get forged piston and just push your engine to limit :D

My Setting before my piston worn :banghead: ..

Evo 3 all stock internal.
Hi Cam
GT3582 Turbo
1.5 Metal Gasket
1.4 boost
MoTeC M4

422WHP

Previous Setting ..

Evo 3 all stock internal.
Hi Cam
TD05H Evo 2 Turbo
1.5 Metal Gasket
1.0 boost
MoTeC M4

293WHP

Please view this thread ... might be you intrested :driver:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/262966-motec-m4-pro-for-sale.html

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hi all,

-44mm external wastegate
-1.8mm metalgasket
-FRP

PLS ADVICE..........
i suggest ditch the emanage if u r heading towards 400hp+
injector 850cc should be enuff
errr not sure wht is FRP
u dnt need 44mm wastegate, run the 38mm first n see if it creeps
evo3 is a high compression engine , not suitable for high boosting unless u r running higher octane

ehehehe, ask mr yanz :P he is a sifu in evo3

Mr. Yanz

Known Member
Nov 26, 2008
c0smic.com
i suggest ditch the emanage if u r heading towards 400hp+
injector 850cc should be enuff
errr not sure wht is FRP
u dnt need 44mm wastegate, run the 38mm first n see if it creeps
evo3 is a high compression engine , not suitable for high boosting unless u r running higher octane

ehehehe, ask mr yanz :P he is a sifu in evo3
hehe ditch the emanage and get my motec already on auction ahhha .. promote lagi ..

yap correct definitly 800++ injector to archieve your target ... :P

haih not sifu laa .. apa la u .. just from my experience on my car ler ..

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
e3 engin with HKS hicam 272 with TDO5
38mm wastegate
using haltech and boosting at 1.2bar
HP estimation 3++

does this make sense ? and if i would like to get more HP wat r the things that i shall do ?

please advice otai2

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
e3 engin with HKS hicam 272 with TDO5
38mm wastegate
using haltech and boosting at 1.2bar
HP estimation 3++

does this make sense ? and if i would like to get more HP wat r the things that i shall do ?

please advice otai2
hehehe can try la :D , dyno first la, then can know where u r standing

Amer Conn

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
wowwweeeee...:biggrin::biggrin:..nowadays stock 270hp cannot tahan already..everyone want to increase their hp..:thefinger:

Mr. Yanz

Known Member
Nov 26, 2008
c0smic.com
wowwweeeee...:biggrin::biggrin:..nowadays stock 270hp cannot tahan already..everyone want to increase their hp..:thefinger:
dont talk org lain laa .. u pun sama .. 400WHP on stock e2 engine :smokin:

jegvd

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2006
hihihi...

anyway, regarding the 800cc injectors, this is for the extra injectors rite? i still maintain current 510cc injectors+ 1 pc of 800cc injectors?

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
guys...just to get ya feedback....currently i am running 2.2l crank with 87mm pistons in a evo 2 engine with a ar.50 garret turbine
my question is ..shall i used 272, 280 or 288 cams and whats the best cams to use??

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
it depends what are your driving style and powerband expectation when selecting the degree of your cams... the higher the degree of the cams the idling will become worst due to valve overlap. If you are fine for the poor idling or high idling RPM (say 2k rpm) you should select the highest available for most power at top end rpm. but for street use? 272 should be good enough.

but i really respect you guys with >400hp evo3 engine in a proton... nice to drive on the street ah? i tried once.. and i find it bad on normal street speeds. handling lagi cannot say... brakes cannot match up la... driveshaft pecah la...mounting pecah la.. aiyooo.. just horrible. unless u make so much power for side betting la... not driving on street to go to the market.

Last edited:

Mr. Yanz

Known Member
Nov 26, 2008
c0smic.com
it depends what are your driving style and powerband expectation when selecting the degree of your cams... the higher the degree of the cams the idling will become worst due to valve overlap. If you are fine for the poor idling or high idling RPM (say 2k rpm) you should select the highest available for most power at top end rpm. but for street use? 272 should be good enough.

but i really respect you guys with >400hp evo3 engine in a proton... nice to drive on the street ah? i tried once.. and it drove horrible on normal street speeds. handling lagi cannot say... brakes cannot match up la... driveshaft pecah la...mounting pecah la.. aiyooo.. just horrible.
woohooo yup very hard to drive .. but we just addicted to G haha .. G G G G G :nurse:

zurinazwan

Known Member
Jan 20, 2007
BRO TRY TO PUT THIS LA IN SIDE....

TURBO:Billet turbo(MR Turbo)
CAM:Jun
FULE PUMP:walbro
CONROD:Carillo
ECU:stand alone LA(LT10s 4ever)
PISTON:WISECO
INJECTOR:RC1000cc
CLUTCH:X-trEAM
sure u can get 450bhp la bro......huhuhuhu yg penting KEPALA AGONG mesti tebal ma:biggrin:

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
hahahaa like how MR.Yanz said..we are just to used with it....to me having a 400hp in proton is normal and used to the handling....i mean no 1 whack their car like mad person further more in such modded in town...unless ur in a money battle....

anyway what is the cost for a billet turbo..many say its better then GT series turbo

FTzone as for idling i am fine with high rpm or the looping sound....atleast i am still gona run highest also 288..my couz bro did full spec engine from aussie with 304 high cam...just imagine how is the idling...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guy,

When I cold start my car in the morning, there will be some greyish smoke from my exhaust and stops after 5 minutes and today I started the car after one week , the smoke was even more but gone after 5-6 minutes, can normal condensation , or could it my turbo leaking or valve seal leaking btw I did top overhaul last year
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience