185 tire on 175 rims?

MetaruBZG

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Cyberjaya
www.cardomain.com
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask, is it possible to fit regular 185/60R14 on a myvi rim which comes with 175/65R14 tires?

It's wider off course, but even if it fits, would there be any issues/concerns for use?

I got a extra set of 4 myvi stock steel rims only and some extra regular 14"s and was wondering if that is possible to use on a Wira/Saga blm.:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask, is it possible to fit regular 185/60R14 on a myvi rim which comes with 175/65R14 tires?

It's wider off course, but even if it fits, would there be any issues/concerns for use?

I got a extra set of 4 myvi stock steel rims only and some extra regular 14"s and was wondering if that is possible to use on a Wira/Saga blm.:biggrin:
Yes, you can fit 185/60R14 in place of 175/65R14. Wider tyres for traction, 60 series aspect ratio for better handling without too much compromise on comfort. Many of my friends have already changed to this 185 size.
The Myvi, Wira and Saga BLM shares the same PCD of 100, therefore the rims will fit. Only thing to check further is your Offset, but being OE rims should not be a problem.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
can fit. Hardly noticable of any differences, unless your butt is an accelerometer...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can fit. Hardly noticable of any differences, unless your butt is an accelerometer...
Yup, is about 1% smaller only. With 60 series compared to 65, butt meter won't feel much, but go to 195/50R15 then butt pain a bit.....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guess it's ok for normal driving and some hard corners occasionally then hehe

Thx for the info guys
In fact, overall it is better. Good grip meaning better traction, lower profile so handling is improved also....:driver:

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
An important note nobody pointed out though. Standard Myvi rims WOULDN'T fit into any PCD100 Protons without modifications. Even though they share the same PCD, the centre bore size is different and is smaller on the Perodua/Toyota. To fit those Myvi rims onto any PCD100 Proton(or Nissan or Honda for that matters), you would need to enlarge the centre bore before it fits.

Or else, you would be constantly trying to fit it on and wondered why it doesn't sit flat. ;) Then again, most tyre shops would already know this and charge for enlarging the centre hole on those Myvi rims to fit onto the Proton.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just purchased a toyota matrix '04 XR. I would like to get a cool air intake and or a exaust system. I would like to know what to purchase and in what order should i purchase them and or any other car parts like pulleys and such. Where i should purchase it? Should i have someone else install it for me or should i do it myself? I'm new to all of this and would like to make the best of my car. Also, i just purchased a new car radio (Alpine) and had it installed... What do you recomend for a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience