Wira absorber

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ah i see, how do i distinguish it from the normal ones? i can take a peek at it since i'll be visiting the mechanic. thing is, it already came with set of GAB HL when bought it second hand so that wouldn't matter right? :confused:
Means the original no more there.....lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ah i see, how do i distinguish it from the normal ones? i can take a peek at it since i'll be visiting the mechanic. thing is, it already came with set of GAB HL when bought it second hand so that wouldn't matter right? :confused:
Ah.. then it's too late. The original owner already swapped out the springs. So can forget about it la.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Its unique in what sense guys? harder spring rates? progressive? :hmmmm:
The Wira SE original front springs were thicker, shorter and bigger (by a lot) compared to the stock Wira 1.5/1.8 spring.

If you used the Wira SE spring with Wira 1.6/1.8 absorbers, the car will sit really low because the spring seat is quite low for the 1.6/1.8.

Use the Wira SE spring on a Wira 1.5 absorber... it won't fit. The stock 1.5 springs are really small in comparison.

A lot of things about the Wira SE was special. The extractor, the rear discs, the rear muffler, springs, interior, ARB and exhaust piping all were unique. First batch la. Then as they made more and more of the SE, things started going missing. My friends Wira SE was one of the last batches and it basically was just a bodykitted Wira 1.5 aeroback with a muffler and 16" rims. It didn't even have the rear ARB.

Exhaust piping was 1.75-inch, 4-2-1 extractor, pretty special s-flow rear muffler which didn't reduce power even for manuals, just quietened everything down. But the metal was made from poor quality metal and usually rusted out.

A lot about the Wira SE was special. Just a matter of which batch.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
The Wira SE original front springs were thicker, shorter and bigger (by a lot) compared to the stock Wira 1.5/1.8 spring.

If you used the Wira SE spring with Wira 1.6/1.8 absorbers, the car will sit really low because the spring seat is quite low for the 1.6/1.8.

Use the Wira SE spring on a Wira 1.5 absorber... it won't fit. The stock 1.5 springs are really small in comparison.

A lot of things about the Wira SE was special. The extractor, the rear discs, the rear muffler, springs, interior, ARB and exhaust piping all were unique. First batch la. Then as they made more and more of the SE, things started going missing. My friends Wira SE was one of the last batches and it basically was just a bodykitted Wira 1.5 aeroback with a muffler and 16" rims. It didn't even have the rear ARB.

Exhaust piping was 1.75-inch, 4-2-1 extractor, pretty special s-flow rear muffler which didn't reduce power even for manuals, just quietened everything down. But the metal was made from poor quality metal and usually rusted out.

Oh wow no wonder some wira i see sits really low even with their stock absorber and springs now i know why...:rofl: frankly i really thought the wira se was just normal wira with bodykits and muffler and 16" rims those usual add on, in fact im surprised they actually do have so much different in so many aspect...:dong:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Well, with so many extra stuffs, at least is a real Special Edition......lol:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
First batch supposedly had airbags and ABS too.

Mine auto, so didn't have rear ARB, rear disc brakes and everything else I had.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya

mine is a 2004 made Satria SE manual, i suppose it carries the same feats in a Wira SE correct? not sure if its a first batch. things i first noticed was the rear brake discs and interior trim, really had no clue that the springs, extractor and exhaust setup were unique too. it doesn't have ABS and airbag, so confirmed not first batch d :dontknow:

speaking of the ARBs, did all manual SEs come with both front n rear ARBs? also one more question, the suspension for SE, is most similar to which model of car? :itsme:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think my boss got the early batch of that actual wira SE i guess.... 2001 or 2003 i forgot what year he bought that new..

without gt wing
auto vdo
extractor
lower ride
that chrome tail muffler
all 4 disc
front gti style arb

totally 100% for now.... i think i want to poison him getting the proride yellow suspension to replace the worn out oem stuff..and poison him change into 15" wheel

*i remember in KL autoshow at pwtc ....the very first proper autoshow in malaysia i guess...that wira SE is among the spotlight from proton booth....

and i get to sit in the TAKATA JGTC NSX :driver: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
mine is a 2004 made Satria SE manual, i suppose it carries the same feats in a Wira SE correct? not sure if its a first batch. things i first noticed was the rear brake discs and interior trim, really had no clue that the springs, extractor and exhaust setup were unique too. it doesn't have ABS and airbag, so confirmed not first batch d :dontknow:

speaking of the ARBs, did all manual SEs come with both front n rear ARBs? also one more question, the suspension for SE, is most similar to which model of car? :itsme:
Yours has rear disc brakes? Nice.

All Wiras came with front ARB. Only certain ones came with rear ARB. Auto all don't have the ARB for 1.5 and below, not sure about 1.6 and 1.8. Wira SE manuals earlier batch had rear ARB (16mm) and front was 20mm (I think.. or was it 22m? forgot)

The Suspension for SE was similar to the Satria GTI one. Except the front absorber spring seat is lower in the Satria GTI.

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yours has rear disc brakes? Nice.

All Wiras came with front ARB. Only certain ones came with rear ARB. Auto all don't have the ARB for 1.5 and below, not sure about 1.6 and 1.8. Wira SE manuals earlier batch had rear ARB (16mm) and front was 20mm (I think.. or was it 22m? forgot)

The Suspension for SE was similar to the Satria GTI one. Except the front absorber spring seat is lower in the Satria GTI.
awesome! guess i'll have to go under the car tmr to find any existing rear ARB and measure the front one :proud:

does lower spring seat mean, assuming i can install gti coils+dampers on my se, it will fit but ride lower than a stock se set?

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
I dont know which batch is mine or whatsoever. mine is a manual wira se a/b 1.5 that came with front and rear arb, only front came with discs(but i converted all 4 sides with discs), 4-2-1 extractor, s-flow muffler(but no chrome tip), n yes as bro izso said it rusted. not sure about the material though. The interior is all black. The car looks lowered. No abs and airbag. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
awesome! guess i'll have to go under the car tmr to find any existing rear ARB and measure the front one :proud:

does lower spring seat mean, assuming i can install gti coils+dampers on my se, it will fit but ride lower than a stock se set?
The spring seat is the part of the absorber the spring sits on when it's assembled together. On the GTI, the front springs are quite tall so the lower spring seat isn't an issue. If you use the Wira SE one it'll drop the front of the car quite a lot. Just fyi, I scraped every bump I ever came across because of this setup.

And the rear height is the same for all Wiras so front low back high = tonggek and it's fugly, handles like shit and quite a nuisance.

I dont know which batch is mine or whatsoever. mine is a manual wira se a/b 1.5 that came with front and rear arb, only front came with discs(but i converted all 4 sides with discs), 4-2-1 extractor, s-flow muffler(but no chrome tip), n yes as bro izso said it rusted. not sure about the material though. The interior is all black. The car looks lowered. No abs and airbag. :driver:
Sounds like your batch was one of the 2nd last. The final batch didn't come with anything except muffler and 16" rims. Keep those front springs! Precious commodity bro! :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i open this thread since i know many sifu around zth had done this, so i need experience on doing this, pls,all sifu pls share and help:adore::adore::adore:....

i currently bought 1 set of evo 5 brembo brake, front and rear.... but sadly, with rotor,calipers and rear brake hose only......my car condition is, full evo 4 front parts, rear with evo 3 (4wd)..... 5x114.3 all 4 wheels

my problem and question

1.) handbrake cable can just use evo 4 or my ori wira ?

2.) can brake hose use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience