Wira absorber

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Mod parts at their mercy. Don't do cannot use.......lol:thefinger:
Free "R&D" for them as well...the boss later asked me after sometimes so how was the measurement? fits perfectly? if fit perfectly i can note down the measurement because when he did mine have to measure alot

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Free "R&D" for them as well...the boss later asked me after sometimes so how was the measurement? fits perfectly? if fit perfectly i can note down the measurement because when he did mine have to measure alot
If yours is common wira part then okay, but mine only Vr around that area......hahhahahhaha:rofl:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Thats about the price, yeah awkward shaped things definitely worth it ...nowadays more expensive for some simple thing...last year when im converting to manual, fabricate one cone to support the firewall and clutch cable adjusting screw that part also cost me 100+:banghead:
nowadays, we have to pay more to get what's real and accessible. for instance, wood furniture, plants and stone wall. :hmmmm:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
tumpang thread:
if car bouncy (especially at the rear) on certain roads, do i need to readjust the springs preload? a friend installed it so i don't know if he set the preload to stock or he might accidentally twist it.. :hmmmm:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
If yours is common wira part then okay, but mine only Vr around that area......hahhahahhaha:rofl:
Hhaha still i have to "custom" it so they got excuse to charge me higher....the down side of having a rare car :biggrin:

nowadays, we have to pay more to get what's real and accessible. for instance, wood furniture, plants and stone wall. :hmmmm:
What to do...living standard has gone up over the years, but gaji remaining the same :bawling:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
alamak. meaning the absorber not good? :bawling:
Not necessary. First, not sure what is your bouncy? If really bouncing up and down then the dampers not able to absorb, but then is the springs too hard, or damping too soft? Like bro. y2188 mentioned try adjusting and play around the settings....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Not necessary. First, not sure what is your bouncy? If really bouncing up and down then the dampers not able to absorb, but then is the springs too hard, or damping too soft? Like bro. y2188 mentioned try adjusting and play around the settings....
my satria if drive too slow it have a little bit bouncy...but if drive fast even speedbumps just ride like a magic carpet.... :driver: :biggrin: :rofl:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
mine doesn't come with soft/hard setting. just hilo and bodyshift. might the the spring preload not set correctly. will try and check if i'm rajin enough to jack the car and remove each tyres. :driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
mine doesn't come with soft/hard setting. just hilo and bodyshift. might the the spring preload not set correctly. will try and check if i'm rajin enough to jack the car and remove each tyres. :driver:
u got bodyshift?

so...use my method to set ride height...

1-lower down the spring seat adjustment until the spring loosen enough that u can rotate the spring while car on jack...but dont overdo until the spring can slipped over the spring seat......tighten back the spring seat lock...

2-then lower down the car and do final ride height adjustment using the bodyshift part....make sure both left-right have same height absorber body measurement...finalize your ride height and test drive...use that setting for about a week....then check ride height again..adjust if neccessary using the bodyshift adjustment....dont touch the spring anymore....

with this method u will get the best compromise between ride height and creature comfort...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Almost 7-8 years ago...I used to sent my GTi to an uncle who is to me...the best ever & most expert in car wiring & modification...This Chinese uncle didn't have his own workshop or nor working for any workshop..He operated on his own and had at that time, converted one corner of a public carpark located at the Petaling Jaya JPJ's Test Centre (beside Armada Hotel/Asia Jaya)...One fine day when my car was having some wiring problem...i by accident had discovered him at the parking lot and had...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience