Wira absorber

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If the HWL is within your budget, make sure you buy it from a person who'll help you install properly. Preload the spring tension, adjust the bodyshift height (if the HWL has that) and replace the absorber mountings. The dampening rates can be adjusted yourself after everything is done.

A poorly setup coilover is kinda pointless too. If you don't have an installer who can do all that properly, you're better off with the sachs / monroe. Cuz preloading and bodyshift isn't something you can do on your own unless you have the time and the tools.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
If the HWL is within your budget, make sure you buy it from a person who'll help you install properly. Preload the spring tension, adjust the bodyshift height (if the HWL has that) and replace the absorber mountings. The dampening rates can be adjusted yourself after everything is done.

A poorly setup coilover is kinda pointless too. If you don't have an installer who can do all that properly, you're better off with the sachs / monroe. Cuz preloading and bodyshift isn't something you can do on your own unless you have the time and the tools.
Ok, will try to look for HWL and for proper installer... :adore:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

This can be done by Izso auto and gang if doing DIT......hhahahhahahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ok, will try to look for HWL and for proper installer... :adore:
The Monroe or Sachs are OEM replacement means you cannot adjust the height, damping etc.

HWL, H/L/S/H, you can adjust many things from height, damping rate, spring rate etc., but again that is why ask for your priorities, do you need also those adjustment. IF yes, go ahead..... :driver:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
hello there TS, i gotta admit that i'm on a same quest as you. am driving a satria se with gab hi-lo set on it. been on a mission looking into the forum for good pointers, Izso and vr2turbo give really good tips!

since my shocks are not longer dampening well, im planning to send them in for service at the same time check out for next upgrade. i read many suggesting HWL, BCRacing PRS etc, any reviews on FTuned? i recently got in touch with them asking about their coil-over kits and got recommended this:

1. hilosofthard set priced ~RM3000
2. hilo set priced ~RM2500
(all in price with installation, tuning and 2 years warranty)
3. service current shocks x4 priced ~RM1000

after reading and riding on hilo set, im hoping hard on the hilosofthard setup! :adore:
again, any opinions on Ftuned for a 2-3k budget setup?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If thinking of changing to HLSH then don't service present set dy, since they are only HL set. Save and go HLSH.....:driver:

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
hello there TS, i gotta admit that i'm on a same quest as you. am driving a satria se with gab hi-lo set on it. been on a mission looking into the forum for good pointers, Izso and vr2turbo give really good tips!

since my shocks are not longer dampening well, im planning to send them in for service at the same time check out for next upgrade. i read many suggesting HWL, BCRacing PRS etc, any reviews on FTuned? i recently got in touch with them asking about their coil-over kits and got recommended this:

1. hilosofthard set priced ~RM3000
2. hilo set priced ~RM2500
(all in price with installation, tuning and 2 years warranty)
3. service current shocks x4 priced ~RM1000

after reading and riding on hilo set, im hoping hard on the hilosofthard setup! :adore:
again, any opinions on Ftuned for a 2-3k budget setup?

Yeah bro, me too looking forward to grab HWL h/l/s/h coilovers..just that im busy now, n trying to save some cash till then to opt for a better one if the budget allows me to..but gonna grab one soon..many people suggested me to get PRS, but the problem is im from Penang n theres no PRS outlet over here..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hmm good idea too, cost efficient but then i'll have bear with the ride for sometime until i save up n change to HLSH
Satria SE! Which batch? Did you get the one with the unique front springs or the 3rd/4th gen one?

And what VR2Turbo said is true. Wanna go adjustable, terus HLSH. Having experienced a variety of stuff, HLSH seriously is worth the money compared to the SH and all.

Incidentally, GAB should be serviceable. PRS charges I think RM140 (plus minus) per absorber to revalve and service. You probably could spend a little money there to get a better ride then save for your HSLH.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. drew service quote already RM1k. If like bro. Izso's one RM140 only 560 so can save almost half....:biggrin:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Satria SE! Which batch? Did you get the one with the unique front springs or the 3rd/4th gen one?

And what VR2Turbo said is true. Wanna go adjustable, terus HLSH. Having experienced a variety of stuff, HLSH seriously is worth the money compared to the SH and all.

Incidentally, GAB should be serviceable. PRS charges I think RM140 (plus minus) per absorber to revalve and service. You probably could spend a little money there to get a better ride then save for your HSLH.
im not sure if mine has the unique front springs, its a 2004 model :hmmmm: any clue?

and yes HLSH next! step by step imma restore it to proper driving condition! :proud:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
im not sure if mine has the unique front springs, its a 2004 model :hmmmm: any clue?

and yes HLSH next! step by step imma restore it to proper driving condition! :proud:
My Wira SE was 2004 as well last batch and I had those springs. After my batch no more. So yours is a 50-50

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
finally after 6 years of abuse....

my satria hwl adjustable front right side leaking....all other 3 still working good...

-due to nature of my place where got roundabout and massive potholes on all route of my area...this is considered really good...almost like ori OEM quality worrr....

-only changed 2 front oem top mount (absorber mounting) since installed new 6 years ago

(my scooby only 1 year already all 4 pillowball topmount kong and 1 absorber leaking badly as comparison...this one is full set tein)

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
My Wira SE was 2004 as well last batch and I had those springs. After my batch no more. So yours is a 50-50
ah i see, how do i distinguish it from the normal ones? i can take a peek at it since i'll be visiting the mechanic. thing is, it already came with set of GAB HL when bought it second hand so that wouldn't matter right? :confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
jus wana share wit i was at genting last week around saw some acts by car drivers/owners that will make theif happy !
- there was a car in the parking area teh car window rooled down about 50% ( in think my whole hand could reach in ) -
so fellow ZTH members wen u go up hills or genting u wil rool down window for catch the chill but wen u park the car do check the windows are rolled up ! make sure we never make any silly mistakes that wil make our property get stollen by any assholes n...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience