Which is da best? Ron 95..shell,bhp,esso???

chotgod7

Jun 3, 2006
ermmm....i prefer shell n petronas....both of it has a good quality....i've tried both of it....not much differents...

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
have been using esso/mobil since 2006. last two month i tried petronas and notice the knocking totally less than before. really surprise as most people said petronas fuel very bad. so, my choice will be:

- petronas
- shell
- esso/mobil

others brand i dont know.. :)

syaq0707

Known Member
Sep 8, 2006
me, 1st BHP la, relly can feel ringan la da engine when rembat, coz i.ve put high camns n reflash my ecu..shell 2nd la..as for esso ok la..then the new petronas xtra, hmm, can feel the fuel efficiency, but no power la when rembat from 1st gear, can feel la..BHP la 1st, 2nd shell

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
For my place here,i choose Petronas,Shell its like less power here.. Huhu..

jezz

Feb 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my choices:-
1- shell (less power, more mileage)
2- esso/mobil (more power, less mileage)
3- caltex (in btwn shell & esso)

nvr pump bhp @ petronas...

dupinds

May 25, 2006
www.rajaprepaid.com
As travelling alot n long distance, I've regularly drived w/ 2 preferred brand for ron95, shell n petronas.
Amazingly, petronas both power n FC wise, win. it even comparable with shell ron97!!
Well, that is the story with my car model.

Will try bhp, but definitely no to caltex or esso/mobil, not on technical reason thou...
but seem many here said those r good, will try them sumtime prior to long distance drive.
p/s: whtever result is, will stay w/ petronas ron95.

derekdaly

Jan 7, 2009
my ride is neo cps..
since ron 97 (use shell vpower) but so expansive as a student
i changed to petronas 95 extra...
very good fc.. abit less power
but for racing mode i use vpower racing also good fc and can feel the real cps power ^^ but so hard to find vpower racing T_T

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Recently purchased 2nd car. 09 Myvi 1.3EZI. Cannot tahan using VPower everyday on my Turbo. So far, It's been a week on the road current update is - Petronas RM40 = 278KM (city drive) & currently on Shell RM40 but still got half tank left. Will keep you guys updated in the FC wise. Will be comparing all the brands in this month. Will keep you guys posted...

vtappish

1,500 RPM
Oct 18, 2008
Johor Bahru
The best petrol I used to know is Projet. Too bad they are no more in town. For now, the best now and the best in the future is no other than Esso and Mobil. Low consumption and for cleaner engine. The worst quality in Malaysia as far as I know is Shell. I had a very bad experiance with Shell once when I was driving a E46 318i. Here the story goes, one fine day I went to fill up my tank at Shell in Tmn Molek Johor Bahru. After filling up I start my engine and went of to my friends place which is about 7 to 8 km away. Was sitting down with him for few hours. After that I went to my car and started my car. The cranking was unusual. Took few seconds more to start. When pushed my accelerator, then damn engine started to jerk before moving. No power. I thought something was wrong with my car! I thought my crank shaft sensor was faulty. I didnt went to see a mechanic but continue driving because I had no time to bring it to a mechanic. After a few days I filled up my tank in a Esso. What a suprise, the engine came back to normal and everything was fine. Then only I knew that it was not my car had a problem but the petrol. From that day onwards Esso was my first choice. Thank you Esso for saving my wallet.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
[H] [K] [S];1063629758 said:
BHP RM40 = 264KM
Mobil RM40 = 269KM
Your conclusion is petronas the best..?:love:

leachuan

Known Member
Jan 6, 2007
Klang
I read some article of a guy tested on all brands over a period of time with statistical graph bla bla... Particularly on FC.

Shell overall the best (City/Long distance)
Petronas gave the best FC for long distance drive.

I personally use Esso on my B16A. Esso station is nearby my house too.
Shell - I feel less power
Petronas - damn low FC

Surprisingly quote alot of you guys opted for BHP :) Never try before.

grrr

Known Member
Jul 16, 2009
SELANGOR/KL
As for my car. Petronas vs Shell, Petronas win. The performance drop like hell if using Shell, especially when climbing at Karak Highway. The car wont accelerate even though i push to floor board(WOT).

IMHO, It really depends, you need to try and judge which brand is good for your car. Happy experimenting... hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All existing Honda owners as well as potential customers that send their vehicles in for servicing or routine maintenance at any authorized Honda service center will stand the chance to win attractive prizes through a lucky draw, including the grand prize of a Honda Insight, through the customer reward campaign held by Honda Malaysia from now until 31 August.

Existing customers that send their Honda...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience