help please! what size of mid-pipe and muffler is the best?

angdaoni

Aug 19, 2007
Hi expert bros! :adore:

I m really new into mods and would like to get some advice from experienced bros.

I am driving a Manual 2006 cs3 mitsubishi pre-face lifted Lancer. currently i have changed my extractor to 4-2-1 and a waja dummy cat( izzt wat it is called? from wat i see, its just a box and a pipe straight thru it).

I am only looking more for low end power for pick up and acceralation.

What would be the best size for mid pipe?
and what would be the best for muffler? should it be full flow or semi flow?

what other mods can i do for low end power for pick up and acceralation?
I have also done simota carbon charger but using back the stock air ram. would things like the simota sprial "fan" work?

btw, would also like to ask, to increase my braking power, do i change all as in the brake pads, steel hose? or just steel hose would be enough?

please help me bros! thanks a lot!!:adore::adore:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
what type of engine bro?btw,change brake pad first then hose.if u got no
problem with ur budget,do it all together.u can feel the improvement.

angdaoni

Aug 19, 2007
engine is stock mitsubishi lancer cs3 pre-face lifted.

i dunno the number leh..

angdaoni

Aug 19, 2007
hi bro, i lost u somewhere back there.. hahaa..

and what would be the best for muffler? should it be full flow or semi flow? all this for low end power for pick up and acceralation

what other mods can i do for low end power for pick up and acceralation?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
how many cc is your engine? best would be a free-flowing straight-flow muffler if you can bear the noise, or just find one with a really big tong, so less noisy hehe

use smaller rims n tires :D

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
light weight sport rim with reasonable tire width.
if u car is Auto, u need back pressure to gain good low end torque.

angdaoni

Aug 19, 2007
I am driving a 1.6l stock Manual 2006 cs3 mitsubishi pre-face lifted Lancer. currently i have changed my extractor to 4-2-1 and a waja dummy cat( izzt wat it is called? from wat i see, its just a box and a pipe straight thru it).

I am only looking more for low end power for pick up and acceralation.

and what would be the best for muffler? should it be full flow or semi flow?

Thanks experts!:adore:

[Joc]

Known Member
May 5, 2004
hi angdaoni,

well i think the most you should go is about 2 1/2inches for your mid pipe, and go for a straight flow muffler (you're calling it full flow). That helps acceleration.... but if you don't wanna be so bold then go for the 2 1/4inch pipe and muffler, helps with the noise if you think loud cars are unbearable.

[Joc]

Known Member
May 5, 2004
mmm, true GT_AUTO... but some people believe to restrict a little so you get more high end torque, esp with automatic transmissions you use S-Flow mufflers, forsaking acceleration.... hence in theory, if u completely remove the exhaust system you get good acceleration but u lose torque... is that correct?

angdaoni, maybe you might wanna go for 2" or 2 1/4" inch, cause i agree with GT_AUTO with it being a bit too big...

angdaoni

Aug 19, 2007
o icic, so for low end, pickup, acceralation, i should go for 2" pipe and straight flow muffler for my 1.6l manual lancer??

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
yes, i think currently 2 inch would be enough, have it follow ori route if can...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i used awd fuel tank for last 3 years. but suddenly last month i noticed strong petrol smell appear at the backsde. the smell even worse when the tank almost empty, but if the tank full, the smell not too strong. i have checked an noticed no leaking at all. does anybody has experienced the same thing and how to overcome this problem.

(please help, because something play with petrol will be danger.):confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience