Which AD to use for a new Merc?

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Some feeling about this car:

First thing first, the exhaust note is just fantastic, all the crackles and pops. Make the whole driving experience really fun.

The suspension of this car is much better than I have thought. Although you can feel almost every bump, but the impact is soft enough. My wife wasn't complaining.

It's really an easy car for daily drive. Start your engine and just drive. If you are in a sporty mood, switch it to sports mode and zoom...(easily hit 160kph without knowing it).

Blind spot assist is really helpful, very useful for exiting into highway and changing lane.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some feeling about this car:

First thing first, the exhaust note is just fantastic, all the crackles and pops. Make the whole driving experience really fun.

The suspension of this car is much better than I have thought. Although you can feel almost every bump, but the impact is soft enough. My wife wasn't complaining.

It's really an easy car for daily drive. Start your engine and just drive. If you are in a sporty mood, switch it to sports mode and zoom...(easily hit 160kph without knowing it).

Blind spot assist is really helpful, very useful for exiting into highway and changing lane.

The one in my condo is often driven by the wife as the husband is a pilot so often not around, so yeah I'd think it should be easy to drive too. Of course with that much power is no sweat to reach beyond 160kph! :burnout:
A friend of mine who has test driven one says it's too jumpy/stiff though.

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
The one in my condo is often driven by the wife as the husband is a pilot so often not around, so yeah I'd think it should be easy to drive too. Of course with that much power is no sweat to reach beyond 160kph! :burnout:
A friend of mine who has test driven one says it's too jumpy/stiff though.
Definitely jumpy, but not as stiff as I have thought.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Powerful car will need some stiffness if not will be floating already......:driver:
Totally agree with you. I was just surprise how comfortable it is compared to my existing rides (Kia Forte and Alza) even though it came with a fixed suspension and 19 inch wheels.

My Kia come with 17 inch wheel stock and it was really stiff! Felt like someone hammering a car every time I ran into a narrow gap. I change it to 16 inch and it immediately feel much better!

I didn't expect this CLA to be so comfortable with 19 inch wheel. Well, I guess it is a MB after all.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Totally agree with you. I was just surprise how comfortable it is compared to my existing rides (Kia Forte and Alza) even though it came with a fixed suspension and 19 inch wheels.

My Kia come with 17 inch wheel stock and it was really stiff! Felt like someone hammering a car every time I ran into a narrow gap. I change it to 16 inch and it immediately feel much better!

I didn't expect this CLA to be so comfortable with 19 inch wheel. Well, I guess it is a MB after all.

It's a MB! Don't tell me you'd want to compare a MB with a Kia? That's like comparing a Durian with a peanut. These two brands are on totally different planets man! Personally, I think if you don't buy a focused model (like the Black series MBs), there's a bare minimum you can expect from premium brands. Comfort, power, luxury usually are synonymous with MB. Technology on the other hand - not necessarily.

Anyway, when you free to meet up and let me test drive the car? :biggrin: Purely for scientific study and review only. :biggrin: :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Is this your first Conti car? Conti car ride against Japan make are totally different......:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It's a MB! Don't tell me you'd want to compare a MB with a Kia? That's like comparing a Durian with a peanut. These two brands are on totally different planets man! Personally, I think if you don't buy a focused model (like the Black series MBs), there's a bare minimum you can expect from premium brands. Comfort, power, luxury usually are synonymous with MB. Technology on the other hand - not necessarily.

Anyway, when you free to meet up and let me test drive the car? :biggrin: Purely for scientific study and review only. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Very sleek there friend! :rofl:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru

Anyway, when you free to meet up and let me test drive the car?[emoji3]Purely for scientific study and review only.[emoji3]:biggrin:
Haha. My car still burning in. I suggest you go to the show room. They cannot refuse your request to test car because it will affect 20 to 30 percent of their comission.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha. My car still burning in. I suggest you go to the show room. They cannot refuse your request to test car because it will affect 20 to 30 percent of their comission.

Did you book a test drive session first or they already have a test drive unit there?