Which AD to use for a new Merc?

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, just found this forum while researching on buying a merc.

Any recommendation on which AD to use to get a merc? I've been to C&C Bintang, Hap Seng Star and NZWheels.

Good to use some advise before booking.

Thank you.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, just found this forum while researching on buying a merc.

Any recommendation on which AD to use to get a merc? I've been to C&C Bintang, Hap Seng Star and NZWheels.

Good to use some advise before booking.

Thank you.
I know a guy who's working for MB as a car sales man. Personally when choosing a car I'd just buy it from a reliable sales-person and make sure all after-sales service is taken care of by the sales person.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Btw if you want the contact just PM me

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
I know a guy who's working for MB as a car sales man. Personally when choosing a car I'd just buy it from a reliable sales-person and make sure all after-sales service is taken care of by the sales person.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Btw if you want the contact just PM me

That is always the hard part, that's why asking around the forum. Actually this is the first time I buy a car in Malaysia. This may sound stupid, Just wondering whether there are any room for negotiation for freebies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is always the hard part, that's why asking around the forum. Actually this is the first time I buy a car in Malaysia. This may sound stupid, Just wondering whether there are any room for negotiation for freebies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why not, just ask what extras you can get?

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Why not, just ask what extras you can get?
Appreciate the tip. I plan to after I get to test the car.

It seems very hard for the AD to arrange the car that I want for me to test drive. I stay in JB, so last month, I went to C&C JB request to test drive, but they don't have the model I want because they say the test car is being shared by rotating among all the C&C branches in Malaysia, and currently not at this branch. Need to wait, but don't know when is their turn.

Then I went to Hap Seng Star in Kinara (during CNY period), didn't get to test the car because the car is loan to a Datuk and haven't been returned yet. But the sales guy at Hap Seng Star did re-arrange another appointment in April for me to test it.

To their credit, I did manage to test drive other car while I was there. :)

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Appreciate the tip. I plan to after I get to test the car.

It seems very hard for the AD to arrange the car that I want for me to test drive. I stay in JB, so last month, I went to C&C JB request to test drive, but they don't have the model I want because they say the test car is being shared by rotating among all the C&C branches in Malaysia, and currently not at this branch. Need to wait, but don't know when is their turn.

Then I went to Hap Seng Star in Kinara (during CNY period), didn't get to test the car because the car is loan to a Datuk and haven't been returned yet. But the sales guy at Hap Seng Star did re-arrange another appointment in April for me to test it.

To their credit, I did manage to test drive other car while I was there. :)
If they want the sales they will arrange and inform you....:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I am sure they do. Maybe I look too poor to own a merz. :biggrin:
Actually - in my friends training, one of the things they cover is to never underestimate a guy in t-shirt and slippers. So you'd be surprised! Unless that center didn't go through the same training la.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Actually - in my friends training, one of the things they cover is to never underestimate a guy in t-shirt and slippers. So you'd be surprised! Unless that center didn't go through the same training la.
This is one of the story I hear from Penang many years ago, this Chinaman taukeh went to car showroom dress in Pagoda T shirt, shorts and slippers. Some how no one attended to him and as the story went on he pester one salesman, so he ask this and that. The salesman was so sure he just asking only, so what I heard, he ask for this and that and the salesman gave to him if he buys. Seems he paid cash for the car....:smokin:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
That's nice.

I've been to the Singapore Merc showroom to look at the car as well. The attitude of the sales people are really insincere. You can feel that they are trying to assess you whether you can afford it or not the moment we met.

When I first ask to look at the car, first thing the sales person reply is "You need to wait 6-8 months for it." I thought "what sort of greeting is that?" During test driving the car, keep probing with very obvious question to find out how rich we are.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've recently installed exedy 4 puck sprung clutch kit to my 4g92. I've just reached 500KM on it. I understood that this type of clutch would be much more stiffer feeling and also it can cause the car to vibrate especially during a standstill start of in 1st gear.

after taking the car out from the workshop, it feels like expected on puck clutches. (jerks/vibrate during releasing clutch at 1st gear from a standstill). after driving it in for 400-500 KM, the clutch starts to feel much less...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience