Which AD to use for a new Merc?

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Anyway, I have decided to get my merc from C&C Bintang JB. They are offering 4 free services, RM5k discount and Diamond Brite Coating. Good deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Show some pictures after you get your ride.......:driver:
Sure. Just for the record, I enter the showroom in T-shirts, Bermudas and Sandals today. I believe standard weekend wear for most. Couldn't find a slipper to wear. Haha.

Booked the car with a nice friendly lady in the end. If everything goes smoothly, will get my ride in a month. Will post some pic later on.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sure. Just for the record, I enter the showroom in T-shirts, Bermudas and Sandals today. I believe standard weekend wear for most. Couldn't find a slipper to wear. Haha.

Booked the car with a nice friendly lady in the end. If everything goes smoothly, will get my ride in a month. Will post some pic later on.
hahaha! :biggrin:

did the lady say anything or give you any snarky comments?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Fortunately no, the sales person is very nice.

Now headache with choosing the license plate. Bid or buy.....!?
Personally, I'm a numerology guy. If the sum of the numbers add up to my number which is 2 btw, I'd buy it even if it had a whole bunch of "4" in it. Special numbers these days are are always hogged by touts demanding ridiculous amounts of money for them. People buying these numbers only encourage their business even more and JPJ does nothing to stop them from doing so. It's horrible.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fortunately no, the sales person is very nice.

Now headache with choosing the license plate. Bid or buy.....!?
If not getting double digit on popular Chinese number like 2, 3 and 8 or 9 also, then no need bid. You can also go to JPJ and see passed number or non popular future numbers that you can buy at buying price......:biggrin:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
If not getting double digit on popular Chinese number like 2, 3 and 8 or 9 also, then no need bid. You can also go to JPJ and see passed number or non popular future numbers that you can buy at buying price......:biggrin:
The thing is I am looking for a double digit. The price on open market is really cut-throat. I hope I could get lucky at JPJ, and maybe go for triple digit number.

What's my chances for 3 digit number at JPJ? Anyone know? Or I shouldn't even try. :bawling:

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Personally, I'm a numerology guy. If the sum of the numbers add up to my number which is 2 btw, I'd buy it even if it had a whole bunch of "4" in it. Special numbers these days are are always hogged by touts demanding ridiculous amounts of money for them. People buying these numbers only encourage their business even more and JPJ does nothing to stop them from doing so. It's horrible.
Agree, I try not to buy it even though I could afford it. My prefer number actually does contain a 4. :proud:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The thing is I am looking for a double digit. The price on open market is really cut-throat. I hope I could get lucky at JPJ, and maybe go for triple digit number.

What's my chances for 3 digit number at JPJ? Anyone know? Or I shouldn't even try. :bawling:

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Agree, I try not to buy it even though I could afford it. My prefer number actually does contain a 4. :proud:
You can bid also, only do the bidding yourself at JPJ and not through a runner. Popular double digit will be costly. As mentioned earlier you can also check passed number if you are ok with it because some want new plate number.

4 if positioned correctly is good too. I bought my car second hand so number came together. When my cousin sister saw it, she said how did you get such good number. I said got number 4, but she reply the 4 in very good position. My number is 4348, she says the 4 enhanced the 3 and 8....lol:biggrin:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
You can bid also, only do the bidding yourself at JPJ and not through a runner. Popular double digit will be costly. As mentioned earlier you can also check passed number if you are ok with it because some want new plate number.

4 if positioned correctly is good too. I bought my car second hand so number came together. When my cousin sister saw it, she said how did you get such good number. I said got number 4, but she reply the 4 in very good position. My number is 4348, she says the 4 enhanced the 3 and 8....lol:biggrin:
I think my generation is also not really superstitious with the digit number 4 nowadays imho. Personally, I still do not like 47 or 74 because it really sound like asking you to go and die. (No offense to anyone who has those number, sorry).

My family has been following a Feng Shui master for many years, and his view on car license plate is that it has nothing to do with his school of Feng Shui. That is because (in his school of Feng Shui) car license plate number has nothing to do with your own bazi (八字). However he did recommend me some number based on Yi Jing school of thought. (I remember he has some article online on this).

For example, your number 4348 could means positive interpersonal relationship in the early and medium year of your ownership of the car, however in the later part of the ownership, there are some negatives which I shall not mention. (No offense to you).

At the end, I still feel as long as you like the number, who cares what people say about it, because the number mean something to you.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
At the end, I still feel as long as you like the number, who cares what people say about it, because the number mean something to you.
Is not who cares but no RM to change to new car only....hhahahha
Moreover most of my old car don't worth much so even got new addition, old one not sold.....lol:biggrin:

VoodooEx

Known Member
Feb 24, 2016
Johor Bahru
Following up on my post.

I am impressed with C&C Bintang services, sales person are excellent from the point of stepping into the showroom on the first day til the day down payment was made. Humbled but confidence and knowledgeable. Best thing is that he has worked there for many years, and many customer has followed him for all these years.

He even arrange a preview of my car when I made the down payment. Making sure I am satisfied before I sign on the dotted line. Attached a preview of it, and will be collecting it after my master decide an auspicious date for it.

The whole journey took about 25 days. Can't wait for the car to arrive now. I hate this feeling. Haha. :proud:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My glove compartment is making noise. Nothing new especially for old cars like mine. The noise is annoying. Would like to know if there's any way to stop the noise.

In my case, the noise is only heard when the car is idling but when I push in my glove compartment, no more noise. I suspect that it is not sitting properly. Is there a way to tighten or do anything to make it sit properly?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience