What Car Should I Buy

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
reminds me of an uncle that I saw during traffic jam......he was driving an E-class merc, waiting for the light to turn green.....he proudly "dig gold" in his nose.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
People who are asking what car to buy already got a car in their mind. They are just trying to get support so they can mentally tell themselves they are making a right choice. That or they are trolling, lol.

At the end of the day, 99% of the people buying cars are based on preference, not practicality.

If practicality was the determining factor we'd all be driving MPVs, or poor bastards would be driving Savvy manual.

Give you simple example, between god car Toyota Vios and Perodua Alza, strip the badges, drive like a normal average Joe. In every way the Alza is more practical, spacious. If you fold the 3rd row seats down, in theory you're driving a wagon.

Then there's the people who take 9 year loan to buy a Myvi (or any other car). Like major WTF. If you just need a vehicle to get from point A to point B, as a means of transportation, there's a Proton Savvy you can buy for RM7k with change.

Nowadays people nak gaya, no money tak apa.
Damnnnnson, you said everything I wanted to say :biggrin:

But the sad reality is I bought a car out of practicality, I needed space and a boot big enough to store 3-4 dead bodies. I refused to buy the Alza because it was crap (for me) and for the same money I could get a used Sylphy. Just the other day I bought something at Ikea that I almost couldn't fit in my Sylphy which would probably fit in the Alza without passengers. But the main point is I managed to get it to fit and probably won't ever need to buy something that big again so Sylphy > Alza.

But I'm digressing and I'm trying to convince myself I bought the right car.

No need to slap his face. Let his father slap his own "pai kar" son. lately the father had to find a part-time job to support the family. Now this son case pulak........

What to do, youngsters today are like that. They think being a uni grad deserve all the good things in life. They are set for life. One class above.

For me, after uni....things and life REALLY gets tough.
Damn.. that story about the Honda executive kao beh kao bu no money bullshit son, I'd slap the bugger and ask him to either choose the GF or the car, you can't freaking have both.

I'm probably gonna be like VR2turbo when my kids grow older. Actually - no. Forget that. No kid of mine is gonna touch my car until they have at least 5 years driving experience.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No need to slap his face. Let his father slap his own "pai kar" son. lately the father had to find a part-time job to support the family. Now this son case pulak........

What to do, youngsters today are like that. They think being a uni grad deserve all the good things in life. They are set for life. One class above.

For me, after uni....things and life REALLY gets tough.
Ya, I think shouldn't slap his son. Today what his son has become is because he is spoilt. A spoilt brat are usually created by parents. Mau apa also bagi. What shit happens, parent will support.

After awhile it becomes a take it for granted issue.

Damnnnnson, you said everything I wanted to say :biggrin:

But the sad reality is I bought a car out of practicality, I needed space and a boot big enough to store 3-4 dead bodies. I refused to buy the Alza because it was crap (for me) and for the same money I could get a used Sylphy. Just the other day I bought something at Ikea that I almost couldn't fit in my Sylphy which would probably fit in the Alza without passengers. But the main point is I managed to get it to fit and probably won't ever need to buy something that big again so Sylphy > Alza.

But I'm digressing and I'm trying to convince myself I bought the right car.

Damn.. that story about the Honda executive kao beh kao bu no money bullshit son, I'd slap the bugger and ask him to either choose the GF or the car, you can't freaking have both.

I'm probably gonna be like VR2turbo when my kids grow older. Actually - no. Forget that. No kid of mine is gonna touch my car until they have at least 5 years driving experience.
If it was RX-7 then I think might be 10 years before your kids can touch that or can touch any car except the RX-7 hahahaha

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bro. Izso, My kids drives the Hyundai which is a spare car already. They practice with it from L since is manual. They are allowed to drive VR after getting used to the Hyundai and when get Full License...haha:biggrin:
However my daughter is now a better driver as she drives more often, and she got to drive most of the VW and Audi models when attached to them during training....:driver:

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
The answer
I saw an unker once that parked his Alphard. After that, he kept looking back at his car, check left, check right, check front and back. I thought he was in love with his car....

So I asked him if he was alright....he says "Ï scared my car kena scratch, oso kena curik".

Was it Love? Obsession? Paranoia?

I say Poor Rich Unker

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I saw an unker once that parked his Alphard. After that, he kept looking back at his car, check left, check right, check front and back. I thought he was in love with his car....

So I asked him if he was alright....he says "Ï scared my car kena scratch, oso kena curik".

I say Poor Rich Unker
I understand his feeling. I also afraid, that's why I always make sure my car parked within the box, and at shopping malls, I love to park it very near to the pillar. Leaving a big gap among me and the middle car.

U know la, some people they dont even bother, swing the door big big then kena your car.
I left the door protector guard on the doors even after respray. Just need them in Malaysia.

Too many inconsiderate people.

Guess new cars nowadays u buy, no more the door protector. Cut cost I guess.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

I say Poor Rich Unker
I think not Rich, he spend a vast amount for that Alphard and want to make sure it is safe and in good condition. I have seen Rich friends who have a few nice cars and treat them like normal cars, because too rich and have too many cars.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think not Rich, he spend a vast amount for that Alphard and want to make sure it is safe and in good condition. I have seen Rich friends who have a few nice cars and treat them like normal cars, because too rich and have too many cars.....
Yup, some people cherish their cars a lot cuz is not cheap and money spent on is all hard work money.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Yup, some people cherish their cars a lot cuz is not cheap and money spent on is all hard work money.
yeah. some love the car bcoz of the amount of money spent buying the car, others love the cars becoz of the huge amount of effort in repairing, improving, maintaining the cars. This is definitely priceless...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
yeah. some love the car bcoz of the amount of money spent buying the car, others love the cars becoz of the huge amount of effort in repairing, improving, maintaining the cars. This is definitely priceless...
Mine is the 2nd reason hahaha! Amount spend on repairing, improving and maintaining in terms of paint condition and also running condition

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
This explains why guys like to tinker with the engine, etc.....even the car ain't broken at all

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience