Decision to buy GTR 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

messyo

Aug 2, 2013
Penang
Decision to buy GTR 2011 => EvoX|EvoXI

i'm from Penang, i want to confirm my question here..so let start
I want to buy new gtr , i think Model Year 2011,i really like it after shortlist many of sport cars in my mind.I have to go to KL to buy this model anyways, can't find any GTR here.
So i just need some advice ,
Here the question:
So the gtr, anything i need to check before i buy?
1. The one i'm concern right now is the service maintenance, how much the cost and any service shop
your know in Penang? or i have to send my gtr car to service shop in KL? or i just can send it to nissan service centre?
2.Estimate Roadtax and Insurance?
3.So any detail before i own a gtr..
Any additional info..
Because this is a very expensive car, and i have been collecting money to buy an Evo X but i found that GTR more nicer
for my opinion..and i need as much info i can..i want to buy it after this hari Raya..haha
So zerotohundred members..please share..thank you^^:biggrin:

***For everyone that is read this thread, my decision is to buy EvoX , not GTR, so you can continue this discussion without out of topic since i change my decision in the middle of this discussion, haha

Last edited:

messyo

Aug 2, 2013
Penang
really?..i didnt see the service part..other yeah..
the service part that confuse me...go to Nissan Service Centre? Service Shop? or i have to all the way drive to KL just to service my car?

Penang to KL ..350KM++

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
TS Dude, no offense. But if you have to ask - you can't afford it.

Those who buy these luxury monsters have shitloads of money to enjoy them. If you're counting pennies as and when you're driving a GTR, you're not going to keep the car long.

FC is very high for super monsters like the GTR and maintenance is not going to be short of expensive too. Most shops that do service the GTR are in Sunway (that I know of) KL.

You're better off with a EVO X. But that's not saying it's a cheap car to maintain either. It's just cheaper compared to.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Oh and Tan Cheong (Nissan) M'sia didn't bring in the GTR so you can't go back to Nissan to service.

Last edited:

messyo

Aug 2, 2013
Penang
Really..wow, really that expensive?? , since new model of EVO 11 and Subaru WRX 2015 want to come out...they are in my list..since EVO and Subaru is competitor..and Sedan Sport Car with 2.0 Liter engine which is nice for roadtax..haha

that's why i need information about GTR because i surveying..not many people reply me..luckily find this forum zerotohundred..hmm, so just maybe for my knowledge(since you convince me,gtr is very expensive)..the maintenance how much was it

Last edited:

messyo

Aug 2, 2013
Penang
Ok i will check it out and thank you for replying anyways... and for convincing me not to buy it..it's helpful..i don't want to eat maggi all the time after buy that car..haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ok i will check it out and thank you for replying anyways... and for convincing me not to buy it..it's helpful..i don't want to eat maggi all the time after buy that car..haha
Don't get me wrong. I don't own a GTR and to me, anything more expensive than maintaining the cars I have is expensive. So to you who might be earning 10k a month, it might be "reasonable". So go talk to the Skyliners and get their opinions. You probably will get a clearer perspective from them.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1. The one i'm concern right now is the service maintenance, how much the cost and any service shop
your know in Penang? or i have to send my gtr car to service shop in KL? or i just can send it to nissan service centre?
** u can go to tuners shop, im sure there are plenty around there.
2.Estimate Roadtax and Insurance?
**u should have done your homework before u decide to buy a GTR. the roadtax already costs u 4 digits.
3.So any detail before i own a gtr..
**yeah, go for defensive driving & advance course before u handle this monster, if not u might end up in the drain haha

messyo

Aug 2, 2013
Penang
Don't get me wrong. I don't own a GTR and to me, anything more expensive than maintaining the cars I have is expensive. So to you who might be earning 10k a month, it might be "reasonable". So go talk to the Skyliners and get their opinions. You probably will get a clearer perspective from them.
No it's ok, what you said is quite true, since I don't have rich family or those high position salary, I shoould think about it carefully. I just earn 7k per month and this car totally not worthy after I married since the maintenance cost can cover many thing more..

And DanzEterna, I no need course to drive this car, just practice to know it better..I'm not race with the car..I'm just want to use for daily drive..now not possible anymore..maybe further future I can buy it..

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Bro your salary I dont think is enough for this monster cause a friend of mine have just brought gtr his salary is more then 30k... in his point more concerned on spare parts cost and after checking on schedule service oil filter is from nissan cefiro and only expensive is gearbox oil but now is cheaper then early days

messyo

Aug 2, 2013
Penang
Bro your salary I dont think is enough for this monster cause a friend of mine have just brought gtr his salary is more then 30k... in his point more concerned on spare parts cost and after checking on schedule service oil filter is from nissan cefiro and only expensive is gearbox oil but now is cheaper then early days
Wow!!, really bro??

that some high requirement for the salary..wah, that's why i need information about it..if not..i will keep eat maggi all days..hahaha, definitely go for new Evo 11,haha
He schedule service is in KL right?

xbalance2002

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
Got 2 friends using GTR 1 plan to sell another just brought. .. service they just bring to normal workshop at any near their home... at 1st workshop reluctant but later mechanic also get it done for normal engine oil service but for gearbox will be change at sunway tuner shop.

For car mod 1 friends he just buy from oversea and tire will be purchase from SG or group purchase.

Getting evo is fun too but ur salary just border line

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
No it's ok, what you said is quite true, since I don't have rich family or those high position salary, I shoould think about it carefully. I just earn 7k per month and this car totally not worthy after I married since the maintenance cost can cover many thing more..

And DanzEterna, I no need course to drive this car, just practice to know it better..I'm not race with the car..I'm just want to use for daily drive..now not possible anymore..maybe further future I can buy it..

hi bro, no offence but a evo and GTR is on a totally different league. Cause GTR is a supercar although for its lower price tag but maintenance is "supercar" priced. honestly even for 7k a month, i think you'd be stretching for a evo X however it depends on how much down payment you put in and also if you have any other financial commitments. Well, good luck in your search and live your dreams if you can afford. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just details this F355 a couple weeks ago

far at a glance Pics -perfecto (dream car)

nice without complaint

but a closer look under a scorching sun

visible swirls and RIDS (random cuts)

time to clean up some horses...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience