Upgrading Engine - JPJ Registration

u just need to get ur car pass the puspakom...once u have pass the puspakom, JPJ dun even borther to see ur car...they just sign and go...
and i just i did my jpj inspection 1 1/2 months ago..
who say JPJ dun approve 1.3 to 1.6? <_<

bro where is puspakom ...is it in Shah Alam on the way to Klang?

wht abt JPJ?

Thanks

what if road tax already long time mati (already mati during transplant process in workshop) ... need to update the roadtax first, or can just go to JPJ, and get everything newly done?

Ok.... here goes..... i'll try to make it understandable....

1) When converting, see how much capacity increase...

if > 25% increase = you need to submit a few document to JPJ Putrajaya and get "surat kawal selia". This mean YOU CAN go from 1.3 to 1.8/2.0....

if < 25% = Got straight to PUSPAKOM, NO NEED "surat kawal selia"

2) At Puspakom....

they check brakes, mountings, emission, slip test, lights, under carriage.
they DON"T check tints, ejos, bodipart.... this is only done upon special instruction by JPJ. Only JPJ has power to kantoi you. BUT......

if you unlucky they write on your report "body part mitsubishi", "ejos bising" like my friend kena.... after that he no balls to continue, eventhough got status "pass".....
i went in with MIVEC part and HKS Hyper dragger (Big but quite).... no such comments... brakes fail, overall PASS, register at JPJ.... by this time JPJ no longer look at car..... this is the problem.... some examiners OK, some Strict... no freakin standard...!!

To be one the safe side.... don't go in with bodipart, gigantic ejos, super duper dark tints... do all this later after register laa.....

Another thing.... there is no such thing as registering your bodiparts.... its just cases like myself.... went in with MIVEC part and pass. But it does'nt mean the bodiparts are legally registered..... if JPJ see it, Kena laa..... but know this issue no longer panas one.... ;)

Another thing....

After registration.... you need to update your Insurance Co. with the new details.... and get new road tax....

i did'nt bother, coz at that time myr oad tax and insurance was gonna expire in less than 1 month... just waited for it to expire and renewed the insurance and road tax using the new particulars of engine no. and CC.

Minivan...thanks for your detail explaination...but what i can see is see your luck lor....like tat quite risky too.

But let's say u do it yourself then fail..Later try again or ask runner got any prob or not one ah?

let say i want to upgrade my engine to from 1.0-1.6cc

i get the whole halfcut with the 1.6 brakes and servo and absober

basicly transform the whole system to 1.6 except for the chasis

is it risky?ermm..probably a no from jpj?
cos i desperately wants a 1.6.. :)

anyway..
i'm driving aura 1.0 and planning to convert to detomaso 1.6

Originally posted by minivan@Jan 5 2005, 16:24
Ok.... here goes..... i'll try to make it understandable....

1) When converting, see how much capacity increase...

if > 25% increase = you need to submit a few document to JPJ Putrajaya and get "surat kawal selia". This mean YOU CAN go from 1.3 to 1.8/2.0....

if < 25% = Got straight to PUSPAKOM, NO NEED "surat kawal selia"
:huh: anyone who had this surat kawal selia thingy....can u please elaborate...
waa...like this means any upgrade level is posible laa :ph34r:

Originally posted by integramania@Jan 5 2005, 18:10
Minivan...thanks for your detail explaination...but what i can see is see your luck lor....like tat quite risky too.

But let's say u do it yourself then fail..Later try again or ask runner got any prob or not one ah?
Yeah i know, thats why its adviseable to go in with standard parts.... no bodiparts, no super loud ejos, no super dark tints.... do all this later laa after you get the engine endorsed. Thats the important thing....

Originally posted by KingHaruan@Jan 5 2005, 23:51
:huh: anyone who had this surat kawal selia thingy....can u please elaborate...
waa...like this means any upgrade level is posible laa :ph34r:
not really .. thats the purpose of surat kawal selia.. for conversion more than 25%.. JPJ will evaluate case by case basis.. some may get the surat.. but some may not..

the surat is sign by JPJ's engineer.. probably someone who knows technically about cars..

but i heard that now the letter is no longer produced.. becoz JPJ becoming too strict.. will not layan any conversion above 25%.. but dunno apply for proton onli or others as well.. :unsure: :blink:

got one in zth CAR SALE section - jazz wit K20A...JPJ approve....

its like from 1.4/1.5 -> 2.0 wor :huh:

Originally posted by integramania@Jan 3 2005, 17:50
just wondering how u guys go abt registering your cars after conversion. Most I heard use runners and its quite expensive...

Anyone done it by themselves? is it tought esp. with all your tints and loud exhaust?
i got mine done for less than RM280. ;)

Originally posted by KingHaruan@Jan 8 2005, 02:43
got one in zth CAR SALE section - jazz wit K20A...JPJ approve....

its like from 1.4/1.5 -> 2.0 wor :huh:
when was that la ? a year back ? :D maybe got someone internal doing the job or some good "kapal api" 9 did da magic .. anyway ... cheers to that owner of that jazz .. :D

Dj Viper

Originally posted by aramis@Jan 9 2005, 00:16
i got mine done for less than RM280. ;)
your 1.8 u mean...who is your runner? your workshop in Sunway recommend one izit?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom