Upgrading front anti-roll bar for honda EK/EJ

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hi folks,

I'm looking to upgrade my front anti-roll bar (ARB) to a bigger and stiffer one. The stock ARB is too small and the car rolls a lot. I've installed civic EK4 rear ARB and it reduced bodyroll a bit, but it's still noticeable in hard cornering situation.

As far as I know, UltraRacing doesn't make front ARB for honda EK/EJ. I'm hoping that anyone who had upgraded their EK/EJ's front ARB pls share their experience here.

Thanks!! :driver:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
and if anyone knows if DC2-R ARB can fit into EK... do let post here oso :D

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
madman, u have one DC2-R front ARB for sale rite? that one can fit or not? :hmmmm:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no idea la bro...i oso wanna know...

i cant guarantee that DC2 front ARB will fit into EK chassis.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
wat i confirm is EK LCA not the same as DC2.not sure bout the ARB mounting points but is totally plug and play between DC2 and EG.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
UPDATE:
Recently I bought an EK4 front crossmember (subframe) complete with steering rack and anti-roll bar (ARB). The EK4 ARB is much bigger than EJ's. After fitting it, body roll was significantly reduced and steering feel more direct, not as sloppy as before. Me very happy! :biggrin:

After a few days of driving, I heard some loud clunking noise from underneath the car when travelling on uneven road. Jacked the car up and saw the right side ARB drop link 'pecah' already, the balljoint popped out from it's socket. This broken drop link was swapped from my EJ because it's still new and the EK4 drop link is not in very good condition.

So, at the moment I use back the EK4 drop link. There's some clunking noise although not as loud as before. I believe it's only a matter of time until this drop link also pop out from it's socket.

My questions are:
1. EK4 front lower arm vs EJ front lower arm: Are they different in design?
2. Could it be that EK4's stiff ARB caused the drop link fail?

HELP! :confused:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yes... stiffer antiroll bar can cause the drop link to fail... because most stress will be transfered to the link... if the link is strong enough, stress will be transfered to the chassis...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey stanley,

does titan sell coilover kit which consist of coilover sleeves, nuts, upper hat?
coilover sleeves is 51mm ID..

if u do have,..what is the sleeves made out of? and what's the height of the sleeves? price is good too...
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience