Upgrading Saga '08 1.3L to 1.6L Gen.2 head conversion?

jceh

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
Damansara Jaya
Dear Sifus,

I heard that my '08 1300cc engine has the exact same layout as the 1600cc engine found in the Gen.2!

So is it possible that I just switch my 1300cc head with the 1600cc and make mine an immediate upgrade?

I know its too naive but please enlighten me.

jceh

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
Damansara Jaya
hmmm why so? I'm new to modifications am looking for a way to get better mileage as the Saga is my daily workhorse but the fuel consumption is just way too high...

Unfortunately its an Auto too... I'm trying to get more power for a better power-to-weight ratio or at least am trying to squeeze more torque out...

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
get a piggyback instead :)
i drive an Automatic tranny as well, F/C is 10L/100km.

the Saga IAFM should be fuel saving unless you always floor the gas :)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
kawan... campro engine 1.3 and 1.6 also use same head la...

the different was coming from piston deck height (same size) and stroker kit only..

uless u were talking about CPS head then different story....

jceh

Known Member
Apr 24, 2005
Damansara Jaya
kawan... campro engine 1.3 and 1.6 also use same head la...

the different was coming from piston deck height (same size) and stroker kit only..

uless u were talking about CPS head then different story....
Hmmm, does this mean that I do not have to change the head?

Can I mod the deck height and change the stroker kit? If I can, can you recommend?

From your reply, I would believe the CPS is a totally different engine compared to the old 1.6l Gen.2 engine right? So i can't mod/change to the CPS version right?

Again, naivety kicking in, hope you can share more....

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

get a piggyback instead :)
i drive an Automatic tranny as well, F/C is 10L/100km.

the Saga IAFM should be fuel saving unless you always floor the gas :)
Hmmmm piggyback shud improve FC....

my FC is around there too 1L/10km...hoping for more...maybe i shud change to a manual tranny....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Hmmm, does this mean that I do not have to change the head?

Can I mod the deck height and change the stroker kit? If I can, can you recommend?

From your reply, I would believe the CPS is a totally different engine compared to the old 1.6l Gen.2 engine right? So i can't mod/change to the CPS version right?

Again, naivety kicking in, hope you can share more....

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Hmmmm piggyback shud improve FC....

my FC is around there too 1L/10km...hoping for more...maybe i shud change to a manual tranny....

yep..no need change head....

CPS only head different..but swapping with cps head require a lot of work and parts...so not worth the hassle....well for improving your campro maybe u can consult drexchan.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Met the guy that brought Tufoil into Malaysia and i told him Zth.com promoting this product so that's the reason im there.

Dr. Jesus is using TUFoil for now.Waiting to see the difference.

One question from Dr.Jesus:

Why is the tufoil so thick and sticky when i pour into the crankcase?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience