Upgrading 4G93T Need advice

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
if jasma made in japan, i have no comment about it, but if others, i use before and 99% :banghead: oil cooler screw is not tight although fully screwed and put in seal tape..... leaking.. o0o local jasma...... even i go potong shop find a pajero oil cooler and custom hose fitting and screw is better and cheaper then it, cooler than tat also..... if drag i recomment u find mivec gearbox (i dunno wat difference between gen1 and gen 2 mivec gearbox but i currently using gen 2 mivec gearbox), gear quite close ratio , i can hear from sound, gt mivec gearbox originally come with lsd, c ur luck, i using mivec gen 2 (terbalik) in my wira chasis :driver: but dun ask me how i can do it :biggrin:

amel666

Known Member
Jul 24, 2008
K.L
Bro,
u got PM

I recommend using evo series gbox as a basis. Then u can custom the ratios from there.
Evo box is stronger coz made for 4wd use.

I hav one evo 1 rs LSD gbox bro.
It has a longer 1st and 2nd ratio while the rest is the same as evo 2/3's.
I'm personally using this gbox. I dont know the exact top speed (dont hav RSM)but i estimate around 250kmh at 5000-6000rpm in 5th gear. (i followed behind a BMW 5 series).

cruising is also A LOT better, now i can cruise in 4th gear at 4-5000rpm (>140kmh). And higher top speed in 5th. It wont be screaming in hi revs like when i was using GSR gbox.

My opinion only..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i know u might thinking of finding a final ratio only but here is some information i got.......remember bro, u cant have both at the same time, i mean u cant have good acceleration and high top speed at the same time by using the same gear ratio... u might get confused so i giv u an example (just my opinion,do correct me if i m wrong ok?)

drag cars always aim for close ratio for their faster acceleration, but, those gear will not hav high top speed as the non close ratio, and close ratio will roar when cruising since it is "kasar"

another most easy example is, all car 1st gear is close ratio gear, even u rev high the speed is still not that high rite? but acceleration is fast.....

so, choose which field u wanna in, 0-400m pick up or high speed cruising,but if u thinking of only wan to hav a good final ratio for high speed cruising, just go for it, but just take care of ur car and ur live :driver: ..... always remember the satria incident :burnout:

oh yeah, i remember a good example also, Japan had compared ek9,mirage cyborg r and levin long time ago..... in a comparison of accelerating from 1st gear to 2nd gear (till rpm 8200) ..... ek9 done in 8.16sec, mirage done in 8.32sec and levin done in 10.16sec ..... but both ek9 and mirage only have a speed of 86++ km/h at that stage but levin with slower time (slower acceleration) done with 101++ km/h ... this explained that ek9 ratio is closer than mirage so the acceleration is faster, but levin which gear ratio differ from that 2 (not that close) done pick up slower but reach a higher speed......

for lsd part, there is a lot of type, myself also din done all the research coz confusing, gt 1.5way, 2way, full lock, semi lock and etc... but in my mech layman terms, for me, 1 type of lsd which have no crak2 sound during u u turn of cornering is good.... but many ppl says full lock 2 way lsd is more gripper at cornering.... but i also dunno wat is that 2 way full lock :hmmmm: .... lastly just sharing my stupid experience here, last time gt ppl say at web that lsd engaged when u press on gas and make ur 2 wheel move together(dunno really gt that type of lsd or not) but mine, no crak2 sound and just discover, (when u jet up ur car and start at free gear ) ,lsd work full time and 2 wheel moving but mine can be stop... some ppl say full lock also moving while free gear but cant be stop.. dunno correct or not.... (sharing here, dun blame me if i 2 far away from topic :burnout:)

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
My mechanic says if full lock, when you turn one wheel, the other follow same direction. If semi LSD, you turn one wheel, it goes the opposite direction.

Dunno weather he's right or wrong. And about 2 way LSD....have no idea too..LOL

So far my plan:

Brakes...kawtim! (but still considering what pads to use)
Piston (will need to find 4AGE super charge ones)
conrod (just bought B18 ones)
Gearbox... still searching. (little confussed now!) lol

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
hurm... isn't vtec all high compression?? the conrod also high rite?? y dun just find evo or 4g93t?? i think it is not possible that it will turn opposite direction, if like that ur tyre burn already, i think i might stop and let other well pull it like car with no lsd... look more logic.. lol

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I heard that using Satria GTi camshaft have more power for GSR Turbo? Please advice sifu!!

thanks!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My mechanic says if full lock, when you turn one wheel, the other follow same direction. If semi LSD, you turn one wheel, it goes the opposite direction.

Dunno weather he's right or wrong. And about 2 way LSD....have no idea too..LOL

So far my plan:

Brakes...kawtim! (but still considering what pads to use)
Piston (will need to find 4AGE super charge ones)
conrod (just bought B18 ones)
Gearbox... still searching. (little confussed now!) lol

2way LSD = full lock LSD...

which is when u accelerate foward right and left tyre locked with same rotation no matter the tyre touching the ground or not (without LSD tyre that can turn faster would spin freely left the other side stationary)

and even if u letgo the throttle (deceleration) the lock still activated....

-i wouldn't recommend FWD car use this type of LSD...its weaken driveshaft linkage and making your car harder to turn (need to go with slide to make a tight turn)

#while semi LSD/semi locked/1.5way have only half-lock acting during deceleration compared to full lock type (this was okay for FWD).....

- i recommend FWD to use 1way LSD which only giving full-lock during acceleration..and act normal when decelerating....so u wouldn't have any problem to turn into junction/tight corner in normal manner...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hurm... isn't vtec all high compression?? the conrod also high rite?? y dun just find evo or 4g93t?? i think it is not possible that it will turn opposite direction, if like that ur tyre burn already, i think i might stop and let other well pull it like car with no lsd... look more logic.. lol

i think it's a typo error ler, must be B8 conrod instead of b18..lol

Henrey

Known Member
Sep 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ehdrian, it's the B18 ones from Honda. They said it's harder than standard. Much cheaper than duratech and brian crower. I bought them 500 for 4 pieces.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
u are boosting high buddy and yet u r still not mind to decrease ur compression rate for ur engine good?? :hmmmm: later when u boosting high ur valve and piston will also feeling high and become good fren then....

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
henrey, i seldom hear ppl use b18 rods ler, mostly is ca18 rods nia..

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
for higher boost i recommend shorter conrod for decreasing comp...

Mrnazmi

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2005
Drag City
Visit site
And dont forget the Racing Bearings (ACL, KINGS) for the effective durability of engine..:driver:

Last edited:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
length gua, something do with the compression rate

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys, hope you guys can help with my problem of high FC.

My car is Proton Wira 1.6 manual year 1993 with SMT8T piggyback, full tank usually can go till around 550 KM. Recently my throttle body start having problem of lowered RPM when the aircond kick in. After installing FICD I notice my FC increase quite a lot, now full tank only manage to go around 400 - 450 KM. I tried taking out the power supply to FICD and surprisingly the FC goes back to around 550 KM.

Is the high FC really...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience