UMW Warehouse Sales

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:hmpf:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/384644-simplified-guide-to-engine-oils.html

If it's API certified they have a certain guideline to follow. "Exceeding API certification" does not equate to certification.

The only oil I've seen so far that wasn't API certified earlier was Torco. They are now though.

API EOLCS

Even Repsol is certified. That basically means they can modify the blend to a certain extend but not until it fails certification la. API is quite stringent in their tests and additional TUV + ACEA certification makes it that much more credible.

Personally - I think you should just buy oils based on your wallet. If you can afford the better ones like Motul, Redline, Amsoil and all those lovel Ester based oils, then go for it. If not the cheaper and cheerful Pennzoil fully synthetic is good and cheap. If even that is too expensive the cheap and cheerful Adnoc/Petronas/Honda/etc semi syns are pretty good already. Try the different brands on your car until you find one that makes it work well for you then stick with it lor.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Hi Guys & Gals,

Was ask by some to inform when there is any sales.
Well, the UMW warehouse sales is back from 29/11/2012 to 01/12/2012

Pennzoil and Repsol oil on sale.....

Where is the UMW Warehouse taiko?

Btw, is the price that much cheaper than outside? I mean, for me to travel to Shah Alam / Klang / etc is pointless if the savings isn't that good. I think I asked you this before but my memory is fading with my age. LOL (not taking a swipe at you. I know you're older! Hehe)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/384644-simplified-guide-to-engine-oils.html

If it's API certified they have a certain guideline to follow. "Exceeding API certification" does not equate to certification.

The only oil I've seen so far that wasn't API certified earlier was Torco. They are now though.

API EOLCS

Even Repsol is certified. That basically means they can modify the blend to a certain extend but not until it fails certification la. API is quite stringent in their tests and additional TUV + ACEA certification makes it that much more credible.

Personally - I think you should just buy oils based on your wallet. If you can afford the better ones like Motul, Redline, Amsoil and all those lovel Ester based oils, then go for it. If not the cheaper and cheerful Pennzoil fully synthetic is good and cheap. If even that is too expensive the cheap and cheerful Adnoc/Petronas/Honda/etc semi syns are pretty good already. Try the different brands on your car until you find one that makes it work well for you then stick with it lor.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Where is the UMW Warehouse taiko?

Btw, is the price that much cheaper than outside? I mean, for me to travel to Shah Alam / Klang / etc is pointless if the savings isn't that good. I think I asked you this before but my memory is fading with my age. LOL (not taking a swipe at you. I know you're older! Hehe)
That is why I mention if drive Godzilla or Porsche, sure Torco and Redline will be used. My old NA use SS oil only. Turbo also using cheaper FS only that I do earlier OIC.

Where from brother? The oil as far as I know is cheaper all this while especially the Multi vehicle ATF.
Of course if buy more, then savings, if you come from far.

Try google map to this....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

API EOLCS

Sadly its not that clear cut. You see, when you apply for API, they test your oil. So for example we take Pennzoil

API EOLCS | Brand Search Results

BUT, in Malaysia when you buy, say for example Pennzoil Platinum, it is NOT packed by Pennzoil. It is packed by UMW.

Which begs the questions:
Did Pennzoil BY UMW pass API?
Don't know.

Is Pennzoil by UMW same as Pennzoil USA?
Don't know.

Why is Pennzoil represented in UMW in Malaysia and not Shell Malaysia (the owners of Pennzoil), did UMW license the Pennzoil brand?
Don't know.

I personally rather NOT take the risk. Buying Petronas is a better choice at least I know who exactly is making the engine oil.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sadly its not that clear cut. You see, when you apply for API, they test your oil. So for example we take Pennzoil

BUT, in Malaysia when you buy, say for example Pennzoil Platinum, it is NOT packed by Pennzoil. It is packed by UMW.

Which begs the questions:
Did Pennzoil BY UMW pass API?
Don't know.

Is Pennzoil by UMW same as Pennzoil USA?
Don't know.

Why is Pennzoil represented in UMW in Malaysia and not Shell Malaysia (the owners of Pennzoil), did UMW license the Pennzoil brand?
Don't know.

I personally rather NOT take the risk. Buying Petronas is a better choice at least I know who exactly is making the engine oil.
Well... that's true to an extent. :hmmmm:

But monetary wise - it's only dollar sense to just repack and jackup the price after pushing the supplier for the best possible price (large stock intake). Who in their right mind would hire people to reblend? Not to mention propietary formulation is not that easily sold or shared.

Oh well, no one can really tell. But since I work for Exxon, I can tell you Esso/Mobil oils in m'sia are reblended to suite the weather. But they aren't rebranded or repackaged for selling, they were sold under the same company name which invested a lot in R&D. But that now all belongs to Petron now so lets see how that works out.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

But monetary wise - it's only dollar sense to just repack and jackup the price after pushing the supplier for the best possible price (large stock intake). Who in their right mind would hire people to reblend? Not to mention propietary formulation is not that easily sold or shared.

Oh well, no one can really tell. But since I work for Exxon, I can tell you Esso/Mobil oils in m'sia are reblended to suite the weather. But they aren't rebranded or repackaged for selling, they were sold under the same company name which invested a lot in R&D. But that now all belongs to Petron now so lets see how that works out.
The moment its re-blended, the API certification won't apply, unless it was sent for certification again.

IF what you said is true, that XOM re-blends the Malaysia oil, then it DOES NOT MEET API. Why?

Example, EMG MARKETING GODO KAISHA is the one selling Mobil 1 in JAPAN in metal cans, different from USA. And here you see they applied and gotten their API certification for re-packed Mobil 1. I can only guess that it is a different blend as well.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The moment its re-blended, the API certification won't apply, unless it was sent for certification again.

IF what you said is true, that XOM re-blends the Malaysia oil, then it DOES NOT MEET API. Why?

Example, EMG MARKETING GODO KAISHA is the one selling Mobil 1 in JAPAN in metal cans, different from USA. And here you see they applied and gotten their API certification for re-packed Mobil 1. I can only guess that it is a different blend as well.
HAhahah! Good catch. This I gotta go find out. The thing with Exxon is it has so many subsidiary companies you'll never know how the whole thing works. But I'm sure a multibillion dollar company can afford to certify and legitimize their products. Besides, why expose themselves for lawsuits?

Eh.. how do you know the acronym XOM?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Bro. Izso,
Exxon keeps Mobil brand name?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro. Izso,
Exxon keeps Mobil brand name?
I don't know actually. The Exxon-Petron deal was pretty hush hush due to the sensitivity of the employee transfer. Chemicals, refinery and the entire downstream business went. Lubes and all as well. Since this is only M'sia (at the moment), the exact details of the transaction isn't really clear. There's talk that overseas same thing's happening.

Oil wise whatever you can get now from stations and stores will be the last batch of M'sian Mobil oils I guess. Tesco and Carrefour get theirs overseas, not local oils.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The car go high......hahahahahahha:biggrin::biggrin:
Ya, sort of :rofl:

From last time, when I was still driving the toyota, I tried chemlube, but ever since my sister and dad driving now, they service the car themselves, no longer handle by me...

They using Castrol now, I drove it yesterday, seems to perform the same when I used to
use Chemlube Racing..guess have to switch back to find out...:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't know actually. The Exxon-Petron deal was pretty hush hush due to the sensitivity of the employee transfer. Chemicals, refinery and the entire downstream business went. Lubes and all as well. Since this is only M'sia (at the moment), the exact details of the transaction isn't really clear. There's talk that overseas same thing's happening.

Oil wise whatever you can get now from stations and stores will be the last batch of M'sian Mobil oils I guess. Tesco and Carrefour get theirs overseas, not local oils.
Yup, saw Petron lube on their station shelves already. Found out Mobil still exist. Even when Exxon bought over Mobil they stop Esso lube rather then Mobil because they have better market.
Local distributor for Mobil is next door to my Mechanic shop, and heard they are distributing both brands....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
HAhahah! Good catch. This I gotta go find out. The thing with Exxon is it has so many subsidiary companies you'll never know how the whole thing works. But I'm sure a multibillion dollar company can afford to certify and legitimize their products. Besides, why expose themselves for lawsuits?

Eh.. how do you know the acronym XOM?
I have no idea how it works. Hell nobody knows if its Group III or Group IV inside Mobil 1, official communication from XOM is to not tell.

XOM? Stock market le. LOL.

Main sensitivity is that the main owner of Petron is San Miguel, and the deal was coordinated by Tun Mahathir's family members or maybe himself. Technically speaking, Petron fuels are non-halal. LOL.

Engine oil, I felt its always better to buy imports rather than those "packed" locally.

Yup, saw Petron lube on their station shelves already. Found out Mobil still exist. Even when Exxon bought over Mobil they stop Esso lube rather then Mobil because they have better market.
Local distributor for Mobil is next door to my Mechanic shop, and heard they are distributing both brands....
I was under the impression XOM distributes Mobil 1 themselves. Who is the distributor you speak of?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have no idea how it works. Hell nobody knows if its Group III or Group IV inside Mobil 1, official communication from XOM is to not tell.

XOM? Stock market le. LOL.

Main sensitivity is that the main owner of Petron is San Miguel, and the deal was coordinated by Tun Mahathir's family members or maybe himself. Technically speaking, Petron fuels are non-halal. LOL.

Engine oil, I felt its always better to buy imports rather than those "packed" locally.

I was under the impression XOM distributes Mobil 1 themselves. Who is the distributor you speak of?
Heard some say is Group IV and Mobil 1 Gold is V.

XOM I think distribute to their stations and distributor to Spare part shops, workshop etc.,
The distributor name is Mobilub Trading Sdn. Bhd.
Mobilub Trading Sdn Bhd

Heard they distribute to Central region only. North and South have other distributors.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Have yet to be able to spot Petron in my GPS...PETRON = Esso/Mobil eh...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's group 3 already la. Group 4 was the old batch. It's all 3 now.

Well, your money your choice. Having said that though, I'd rather pay for Castrol Syntec imported than the crap magnatec. So I hear you.

As for the non-halal thing, it's debatable. There was some hoo-ha about employees going over to Petron because they all said that San-Miguel is a beer company and they refused to work for an alcohol company. It was hilarious! Don't know what happened in the end but I'm sure something panned out.

Nah. This isn't true. Exxon uses distributors and doesn't do distribution. Just supply.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Heard some say is Group IV and Mobil 1 Gold is V.

XOM I think distribute to their stations and distributor to Spare part shops, workshop etc.,
The distributor name is Mobilub Trading Sdn. Bhd.
Mobilub Trading Sdn Bhd

Heard they distribute to Central region only. North and South have other distributors.....
You're right about the distributors.

But you're not right about Mobil 1 gold being Ester based (group 5). It's not! All group 3 now sadly. But their additives are pretty impressive in their own right.