type of air filter

The racecraft CF set looks good as well as performs good according to Tom's dyno, but I'm wondering does it filter as good as it allows air in? Lots of questions were posted there about the filtration ability but no answers la

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Up Yours
its an intake system...flexi alu hose worr...
it doubles as an air filter too besides the CAI if im not mistaken from all the pics posted....

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
Originally posted by yperd@Mar 24 2005, 17:38
eh guan the brake hose with a lot of cable ties that one is for what purpose ah... any rationale behind it. thanks for the info man :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: B)
[snapback]837742[/snapback]​
well.. Izso already answer ur question.. (thanx Izso anyway.. ;) )

actually no need much patience also can lar... u speed up ur hands tieing de cable ties then u finish faster lor.. :P :lol:

NiCkY7

Dec 27, 2003
Originally posted by PocketRocket@Mar 24 2005, 19:58
best,get the racecraft cf intake/filter system :ph34r:
[snapback]838108[/snapback]​
i also considering the Race Craft CF intake before... went links and ask them whether can fit or not...

but still the problems of Filteration... hmmh... :huh:

:P

jimmylkj

Jan 21, 2004
ic ... but the apex'i GBP 200 = RM 1,400 ler ... keke .... boom .... well ... for me ... juz take out n wash every month ... i'm using carb ... soo ... juz flush my carb if needed .... intake system ? i really getting lazy to look for the right hose ... use flexible hose that able air to flow ... put in the right position ... tats cool enough .... i'm only 1.3 ers ... ahh ... nothing can expect from my snails ... keke :P

jaywat

Jan 9, 2005
hey jimmy, you open podded ur air filter already??? where you get the air ram and those adapter to air filter?? trying to look for one..how much u did on all those thing??

jimmylkj

Jan 21, 2004
hey bro jaywat .... ^^ you driving iswara too !? cool ... well ... actually i get the cover from my fren
.. and the air filter n the CAI tooo ... keke ... but dun worries bro ... the cover you can get from kedai abang ( which i never suggest ) cuz i tried to look at it ... iz very light n thin ... seems very easy to broke that kind ... i saw one exactly same wif my cover is RG's sport too ... u know carefour in subang !? in the parking lot there theres a Southern Motorsport ... from there you can get ... i think the price is RM 100+ laa .. silver color somemore ... else you can try sunway that modding street ... i saw one cover wif the air ram attached ... selling 130 onli .... the material seems very good .... for 12v car one lar .... iz chrome somemore ... hahaha but the design ... hmm .. not so cool lor ... the cover is like square square like that ... :P then filter ar ... i guess there are aredi many posting bout the filter n its price edi .... almost 100 ++ to 200 ++ depends on the quality ... juz for advise .. buy those washable lar .... if you are rich aim for Apex'i lor ... since everything of mine given by my fren ... so ... i juz keep it that way lor .. open pod ... wash every month lar ... hahaha no prob one ... carb won't die so fast like fuel injec one lar ... they are more sensitive stuff .... kakaka :lol:
happy modding ^^

yperd

Jan 3, 2005
Originally posted by khguan+Mar 24 2005, 21:22 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(khguan @ Mar 24 2005, 21:22 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-yperd@Mar 24 2005, 17:38
eh guan the brake hose with a lot of cable ties that one is for what purpose ah... any rationale behind it. thanks for the info man  :lol:  :rolleyes:  :lol:  :rolleyes:  B)
[snapback]837742[/snapback]​
well.. Izso already answer ur question.. (thanx Izso anyway.. ;) )

actually no need much patience also can lar... u speed up ur hands tieing de cable ties then u finish faster lor.. :P :lol:
[snapback]838303[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

thank you ah... :lol: iszo and guan for your info, i'll make sure no bang2 for the day just 100+ and cable ties onli. hahahahaha :lol: :D

jaywat

Jan 9, 2005
Woohhh jimmy....thanks for the info man!!!

I think i saw the air ram in kedai abang also ler...yea...it priced at 100+ like that... :ph34r:

Merv86

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by tykoh@Mar 23 2005, 14:38
why dont try simota air filter.... its definitely cheaper than KNN or HKS or APEXi... the air flow its better too.... check the website for better info.... i'm just recommend... no hard feeling ok.... :P
[snapback]833868[/snapback]​

have u buy simota filters b4???
curentlly finding one but dun noe which brand to buy.
r they really good ar or u also c the web site only say gd???
jz asking.. :)

NightHunter

Mar 13, 2005
nighthunter.fotopic.net
I heared from a mechanic.. for proton stock engines that it is not worth changing the stock box filter to the performance cone filter.. Says that the stock box filter has better performance...

is it true? :unsure:

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
mayb de mech say so bcos de air circulation at de engine bay is not so good...

i think we need to have CAI if we use performance open pod filters.. then performance will be better than stock..

I'm actually gathering those that are interested in RADIOstar Alarm. I have ask Noname and he says will work out somethin if I can gather 5 or more to purchase at one time.Can be any model.
Hopefully can gather by end of the month.

Pls list ur nick/name and how many units:-
1) zronix - 2 units