subaru ver 9 vs mitsubishi evo 9...which car is much better??please help me...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haha especially if the Wira is yours ya! :D

True, best to just test drive both and see which one you feel better driving.

Well the RS4 is much more expensive la, so not comparable. It is EXPECTED that the RS4 must be better! :biggrin: IMHO Evo/WRX are still greater because no other cars in the world can match their performance at that price range!
If only that were so. Mine is still a humble 4G15, not the more potent 63 range unfortunately.

The RS4 isn't actually faster than those two even though more expensive. It's also much heavier and I think 5th gear or some show did a comparison. The Evo 9 out cornered anything that they threw at it except the R35. Nothing beats the R35 in a corner.

It's a shame the Prodrive P1 (or was it P2?) never made it to production. That car would've given the R35 a run for its money (in corners)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If only that were so. Mine is still a humble 4G15, not the more potent 63 range unfortunately.

The RS4 isn't actually faster than those two even though more expensive. It's also much heavier and I think 5th gear or some show did a comparison. The Evo 9 out cornered anything that they threw at it except the R35. Nothing beats the R35 in a corner.

It's a shame the Prodrive P1 (or was it P2?) never made it to production. That car would've given the R35 a run for its money (in corners)
R35 i guess now is the best JDM ever made

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
I personally prefer Scooby !! especially Scooby 9 .. such beauty and sounds ROOORRRRR !!!!! coz of its boxer engine :biggrin:
but if we talk about spare parts in Malaysia, Evo banyak spare part lha .. but in Singapore Evo's are less.. coz spare part for scooby's are cheap there .. But i still have passion on evo bcoz its the first car that gave me love to turbo's !! hehe

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Must be modified 4G15 :biggrin: Surely not original 90hp 4G15

How about LFA? Can it beat R35 in a corner? Or maybe MP4-12C

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Sigh sigh sigh. So much has happened since and it's 96whp thankewberrymuch. :biggrin: Right now.. it's much more pathetic.

LFA can't outcorner the R35. If I remember the Clarkson show, he did use a couple of supercars to compare with the R35, nothing came close with the most powerful being the LP640 and the 'weakest' being the Porsche GT3. They were all a good 30~50mph less than what the R35 did in the corners. That's a lot! All the cars were tested by a F1 driver too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

LFA cannot lah. Single plate clutch, RWD, too much torque
and too little electronics to be compared with GTR. Haha

But yeah, LFA really does make good orgasmic sound.
GTR on the other hand the sound is very different too. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

LFA cannot lah. Single plate clutch, RWD, too much torque
and too little electronics to be compared with GTR. Haha

But yeah, LFA really does make good orgasmic sound.
GTR on the other hand the sound is very different too. :biggrin:
Nvm, cannot afford LFA can afford LFT 86.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Sigh sigh sigh. So much has happened since and it's 96whp thankewberrymuch. :biggrin: Right now.. it's much more pathetic.

LFA can't outcorner the R35. If I remember the Clarkson show, he did use a couple of supercars to compare with the R35, nothing came close with the most powerful being the LP640 and the 'weakest' being the Porsche GT3. They were all a good 30~50mph less than what the R35 did in the corners. That's a lot! All the cars were tested by a F1 driver too.
Huh? Something bad happened to your Wira?
Scary R35 indeed. But if I am not mistaken, LFA Nurburgring Package beats R35 in Nurburgring lap times. Maybe the road condition in Nurburgring doesn't truly bring out the potential of R35...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Scary R35 indeed. But if I am not mistaken, LFA Nurburgring Package beats R35 in Nurburgring lap times. Maybe the road condition in Nurburgring doesn't truly bring out the potential of R35...
Hahaha, as usual the thread gets side tracked to other topics, from Evo vs Scooby to R35 vs LFA now. :biggrin:

Anyway, yes the LFA still holds the upper hand for lap time in the Nur in 7:14 or 10secs faster than the R35! Absolutely blinding fast lap times for supposedly still street legal car on OEM street tires (but with additional roll cage) so it proves that the car indeed can corner like mad too. However IMHO the R35 is still greater because again it's way much cheaper! :biggrin: Aside from the Evo, the R35 no doubt is the best bang for the buck!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Hahaha, as usual the thread gets side tracked to other topics, from Evo vs Scooby to R35 vs LFA now. :biggrin:

Anyway, yes the LFA still holds the upper hand for lap time in the Nur in 7:14 or 10secs faster than the R35! Absolutely blinding fast lap times for supposedly still street legal car on OEM street tires (but with additional roll cage) so it proves that the car indeed can corner like mad too. However IMHO the R35 is still greater because again it's way much cheaper! :biggrin: Aside from the Evo, the R35 no doubt is the best bang for the buck!
Because car topic too wide already. Always offtrack and covered something else instead. Furthermore, TS din't come and give feedback, so it's hard to keep things on track. But about Evo VS STI, it's a never ending battle. Just a matter of preference of which one you like. Flat 4 or Straight 4. No matter which car won over another also, the difference and gap won't be large. They are more or less the same.

Of course LFA is fast around track. If I'm not mistaken, it is also the fastest car in top gear track lap times for wet track. If only they give LFA another chance at dry conditions....

LFA is a symbol to show people that Toyota is still capable of producing a powerful and fast car. If not because of the LFA, people would have thought that Toyota's reputation in making performance cars have gone downhill. They've cut out so many of their performance oriented cars already. Supra, Celica, MR-2, Soarer, Caldina, Corolla Levin/Sprinter Trueno series and etc.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wira lost a lot of compression with a new head and pnp style different from original head. So yeah. Something bad happened. Lost a lotta power.

The amount of RND thrown into both the R35 and the LFA will put to shame even Nasa (ok maybe not, I was exaggerating). I mean, who the hell thinks "Let's make sure the exhaust of this car will be able to shatter a wine glass at xxx RPM revs" then pays Yamaha to musically tune the exhaust?

Or "Hey.. let's make our biggest most powerful car faster and easier to drive than the fastest 911 Turbo. Oh let's also make sure each engine is hermitically and clinically clean so that each engine produces different power and is severely underrated than the published claims"?

It's a pity the two powerhouses Evo and STI decided to do the "Lets make our cars uglier and slower than the predecessors".

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wira lost a lot of compression with a new head and pnp style different from original head. So yeah. Something bad happened. Lost a lotta power.

The amount of RND thrown into both the R35 and the LFA will put to shame even Nasa (ok maybe not, I was exaggerating). I mean, who the hell thinks "Let's make sure the exhaust of this car will be able to shatter a wine glass at xxx RPM revs" then pays Yamaha to musically tune the exhaust?

Or "Hey.. let's make our biggest most powerful car faster and easier to drive than the fastest 911 Turbo. Oh let's also make sure each engine is hermitically and clinically clean so that each engine produces different power and is severely underrated than the published claims"?

It's a pity the two powerhouses Evo and STI decided to do the "Lets make our cars uglier and slower than the predecessors".
Yeah that's a real pity. But the new WRX should at least look way much better if based on the concept that has been shown so far. I hope Evo will also return with something way much better than the X.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Sad to hear that. But I think you'll be able to find a solution for this :biggrin:

Yamaha has always been working with Toyota isn't it? Even the old 3S-GE engine from Altezza co-developed with Yamaha.

I've heard Evo X is weaker than Evo IX but even the GRB/GRV STI is weaker than the GDB too?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haiya...

I give you the best Evo/Scooby, you'd still lose to a Wiralution if the Wiralution driver is experienced and skilled.

Who cares what you buy? If you don't utilize it, it'll be nothing more than a sedan with potential.

So just buy whatever you want la. This 'my balls is bigger than your balls' debate will never end. Both cars are nice, both cars have their flaws, both cars suck balls to the Audi RS4.

Period.

:thefinger:
Got $$$ either will do, but having owned the Great, great, great grandfather of the Evo, Now I love the sound of the Scooby Boxer engine....:driver::biggrin:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Welcome to join the boxer world...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Excuse me doode !

All car is powerful enough to do wheel spin. But launching a car is to prevent wheel spin to launch perfectly.

As you said if the car canot wheel spin on 1st gear means no power isit ? (Who told u that?)

Do mean you drive your car 1st gear and wheel spin everytime ? (that context means your car is powerful?)

Based on your nickname you are a x-wing fighter pilot, and you always turn on afterburner to launch your jet, thus you also red line to launch your car ?

LoL...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience