Stoplock

2pac

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2004
PJ/Sban
yup correct.. all these locks are just to slow those muthafuccaz down....
unless there is some device that we can use to cut their balls off when they try to steal the car.....

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
well...

you can custome make a steering wheel shaft
so only your steering wheel can drive the car
remove it like mr. bean everytime u park the car
theives cannot just use any steering wheel+bosskit to drive it off :P

ravis

Known Member
Feb 10, 2005
Earth-Seremban
Visit site
Originally posted by 2pac@Feb 15 2005, 13:29
The cut marks are actually at the lower part of the gear console near the clutch pedal.. not the pedal it self... so have to change the Gear console lah.. since it look ugly...

According to the person in Smart Shop the Brake pedal for Waja auto is short (from the ground of the car) so its difficult to pull the lock. I have personally tried to use that lock to a Waja (A). It can be locked but need to pull hard and if u pull too hard its a bit difficult to open.

The claim is only for U.S not in Malaysia. :D

No no ..bro.. the Autolock Pro does not lock the steering.. only the clutch.. u can choose either clutch or brake... i chose clutch....

Yes its easy to lock and unlock.. u just need to practice to get use to it...

If u wan i can show u lah... u can try it.. my location is in PJ.... I can give u a demo :P

I still remember the first day i bought this lock... the smart shop fellow showed me on my car and he locked it very tightly and since its the first time he using it... he took around 15 - 20 minutes to unlock the Autolock even with the key...

I and my friend (ravis - ZTH forumer too) were there too

Seriously .. if u plan to invest on steering lock or clutch lock.. u better go for this lah...
call me lah if u wan to see the lock... I only can show.. u have to go and buy from any smart shop
Yah i was there, we nearly had a crowd gathering around the car to see what's happening because the Smart shop fellow was trying to unlock the lock as if he was trying to steel 2pac's car.............he he he he he......u guys should see 2pac's face at that time.....i told him that we got to call Bomba for help ......

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Alternatively... use a removable steering boss kit. But, one problem... it is universal; meaning the thief can use the same boss kit to drive the car out.

Unless, someone can come up with a removable boss kit but with additional anti-theft features similar to the security lug nuts.

Just my 2 sen.

option

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
kl
just saw recently at Taman Maluri Jaya Jusco selling d Autolock at RM99.99, jus like d smart shop, got d yellow cover some more... <_<

then i go to smart shop tat located inside jj 4 detailing, d smartshop ppl say d RM99.99 r make in taiwan, so d quality r not gd.. :blink:

so now dun know how to choose liao.. :huh:

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
one of my friend told me, unplug ur ECU when u need to go further or sleep... :D
sure no one can drive ur car chao...

rakuen

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
my ex-colleague uses a chain (the type you lock your gate with) n a padlock... he chains the steering to the seat brackets or the pedals.. damn funny... but it works! haha.

BTW,how's the new 02 sensor, kwai?

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Some people say Disklock and Locktech are better than Stoplock.

But I heard LockTech can be defeated by bending the pedals.

Disklock seems to be tougher to defeat.

cay6379

Known Member
Apr 13, 2005
even though i'm using stoplock,i most prefer autolock,the lock tat showed at tv3...coz thief still can saw the steering.autolock using pedal to stop thief..how good autolock i dunno.but i like the concept

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
For stoplock yes you can cut the steering to remove it. But for StopLock PRO you can't cut the steering to remove it because it secures to the T joint of the spoke to the rim of the steering. And the head of the stoplock pro unit blocks the whole thing so you can't cut the steering wheel to remove it. When you take a look and see how it works you'll understand what I mean. Normal stoplock secures to the rim of the steering wheel, but not stoplock PRO.

discloc is not as secure as stoplock pro because for both you can't cut the steering to defeat it but at least stoplock pro's locking mechanism is much more reliable and good quality than discloc.