Radiostar Alarm Functions

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
please pm me and explain it in more detail, technically, how would it work if we did this.

what needs to be taken out, reliability etc etc

thanks!

wajaraja

Apr 12, 2004
Kay El
Originally posted by NoName+Jan 10 2005, 09:19 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NoName @ Jan 10 2005, 09:19 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-dolly@Jan 9 2005, 20:09
i'm interested in the 2 way communication thingy, possible to use the tilt and motion sensors that came along with my cobra alarm?
yes it is possible to use it together but it will have to run parallel with the shock sensor. This will void the warranty.[/b][/quote]
NoName, to be precise, which warranty does it void? Do you mean that it voids the RadioStar warranty, or the stock (or Cobra whichever is applicable) alarm's warranty?

wiramod11

Known Member
Mar 22, 2004
noname bro...need help lar...one of the remote always show error in communication even i was near to the car.... summore it seems that my auto lock when i close all door is gone already... (that day the installer did the setting for me than few days after that the setting gone already...) ...

i try to code hopping back again..and read through the whole manual..but it seems that the one remote control sometimes still show error communication.
example when i come to my car than i press the unlock button the car unlock but than the remote show error communication..!! why ler....

need your advise here....

another one thing how to set back the setting for auto lock sensor...i mean everytime you left your car all doors close and key take out already in like 20-30 seconds the car will arm it self..??

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by wajaraja+Jan 11 2005, 10:33 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wajaraja @ Jan 11 2005, 10:33 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by NoName@Jan 10 2005, 09:19
<!--QuoteBegin-dolly
@Jan 9 2005, 20:09
i'm interested in the 2 way communication thingy, possible to use the tilt and motion sensors that came along with my cobra alarm?

yes it is possible to use it together but it will have to run parallel with the shock sensor. This will void the warranty.
NoName, to be precise, which warranty does it void? Do you mean that it voids the RadioStar warranty, or the stock (or Cobra whichever is applicable) alarm's warranty? [/b][/quote]
It will void Radiostar warranty.

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by wiramod11@Jan 11 2005, 11:24
noname bro...need help lar...one of the remote always show error in communication even i was near to the car.... summore it seems that my auto lock when i close all door is gone already... (that day the installer did the setting for me than few days after that the setting gone already...) ...

i try to code hopping back again..and read through the whole manual..but it seems that the one remote control sometimes still show error communication.
example when i come to my car than i press the unlock button the car unlock but than the remote show error communication..!! why ler....

another one thing how to set back the setting for auto lock sensor...i mean everytime you left your car all doors close and key take out already in like 20-30 seconds the car will arm it self..??
Hi wiramod,

Don't worry, your alarm is under warranty. Just let me know when we can meet up and I'll replace a brand new remote for you FREE OF CHARGE :)

I'll show you how to activate the passive arming also. Give me a call/sms k?

The central lock you'll need to check with Ah Meng. Let me know I'll arrange for you also.

wiramod11

Known Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by NoName+Jan 11 2005, 13:26 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NoName @ Jan 11 2005, 13:26 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wiramod11@Jan 11 2005, 11:24

Hi wiramod,

Don't worry, your alarm is under warranty. Just let me know when we can meet up and I'll replace a brand new remote for you FREE OF CHARGE :)

I'll show you how to activate the passive arming also. Give me a call/sms k?

The central lock you'll need to check with Ah Meng. Let me know I'll arrange for you also. [/b][/quote]
ok..ok..will sms you ...right now.

arr...i think you got me wrong on the central lock...the central lock don't have a problem...just that the arm sensor that i mention doesn't seems to work this few days.... (the one i referring too is the one that after you close all doors it will automatic arm the car and lock all the car after like 20-30 sec.) :D

anyway will sms you now.

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by wiramod11@Jan 12 2005, 09:33

ok..ok..will sms you ...right now.

arr...i think you got me wrong on the central lock...the central lock don't have a problem...just that the arm sensor that i mention doesn't seems to work this few days.... (the one i referring too is the one that after you close all doors it will automatic arm the car and lock all the car after like 20-30 sec.) :D

anyway will sms you now.
i c..... you are referring to Passive Arming.

I think you did not activate it in the remote ler..... Let me take a look la when we meet up.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
nOnAME: oi.. my parents finally made up their mind... confirm wanna install... err... apa macam? when can do it? if get 2 units got discount? anyway..need to discuss on the functions..

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by BLaCkHoWLiNG@Jan 17 2005, 00:21
nOnAME: oi.. my parents finally made up their mind... confirm wanna install... err... apa macam? when can do it? if get 2 units got discount? anyway..need to discuss on the functions..
Hello the very famous blackhowling! :)

How can I contact you????

Can you PM me your hp number?

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by itrDC2@Jan 17 2005, 17:46
Question : .... say if we installed radio star together with an immobaliser system.... does it void ANY system's warranty??
Installing Radiostar Alarm with immobilizer will not void the warranty. However, I'd like to stress that by doing so you can't remote start the car coz when you press the button, the chip of the immo is not in the car. Thus overwrite remote start. You can overwrite this by putting the chip in the car. Caution must be taken for doing that.

Cheers.

jkn

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
Is there anywhere we can check the full specs/functions of this system? What if the thief just disconnnect your battery n disable the alarm? Backup?

Is there any locking/immo function other than just make a lot of noise when someone kacau your car?

Thanks

NoName

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
for the functions and specs please refer to ther first page of this thread.

To answer your second question. Before the thief can reach the batter he'll have to open the hood. Radiostar alarm protects all the doors including hood and trunk. Therefore, once the hood is opened it will trigger the alarm and your remote will beep.

Actually, with or without backup battery it won't make any difference. That's because if the theif can reach the battery I'm sure he can reach the siren as well. So, even if there's a backup battery in the alarm, once he cut off the siren the car won't sound. However, before that the alarm will surely be triggered and signal sent to remote.

The alarm has anti hijack function. This is also a type of immobilizer. Basically you can use the remote to switch off the engine if someone start your car.

Thanks. Hope I've answered your questions.

jkn

Known Member
Jan 18, 2005
I understand now. Thanks for your quick response! Will contact you soon B)

flu01

Jan 18, 2005
hi noname,
Have a few questions regarding the radiostar alarm system.
1) I currently hv a autowatch immobilizer in the car, can the autostart function work bypassing the immobilizer until i enter the car and disarm it and put the key and turn it to on position before driving off ?

2) Accept trade in for a 1.5 yr old epsilon alarm for the rebate offer ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bridgestone Potenza GIII or Falken Azenis ST-115?

Which of these tyres would you recommend?
Any input from those those whom have used these before?
I need to know before i purchase either...

Thanx!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience