question regarding exhaust mod,,

Sonic,
finally go Jiang Hang fix ur exhaust ?
so how was it ?more power than before,rite ?hahah....
oh yah,Jiang Hang is at Batu Caves,not Jln Gombak.....

im still confused over whether to go straight piping or ori routing .........

i would go straight pipe if the mod is not like those ciplak ones where the pipe hangs so bloody low till u go over bump 90% sure scratch the pipe wan.

if not then i will go with ori routing but bigger pipes and no CAT.

not no cat....REPLACE CAT with BULLET......no CAT totally ah......ready to pay SAMAN always

coltain, not yet do whole system, no money loh, slowly do now, muffler box first :D

fstrader, haha not lah, just wanna recommend something to ppl loh, if something i feel no good, i wont mention it at all :P

i have a corolla ae?? whats a good exhaust setup? will there be any power loss if using stock extractor with aftermarket exhaust?

i don't think u will loss power if your aftermarket exhaust is good...just that if u get ur stock extractor change to a bigger piping inlet extractor and better design should be better power...

heres another dumb question waiting to be answered by all sifus out there..hehe!
im wondering if FC will be high if i mod my exhaust system. if it will,by how many percent? my car now can go abt 70km for rm10. another dumb question,i want to save my money yet i want to mod my exhaust. is it possible to only change my piping and muffler? because im low on budget. or if i change extractor and bullet only can ah? means w/o touching stock piping and stock muffler (satria 1.3). im very interested in modding my exhaust system,but i need some information first. hehe. damn,cant seem to let go of this keyboard. hehe,so 1 more question,what is the best setup (thanks kweng for answering my question) for satria 1.3? preferreably less money spent. hehe,thanks.

bro, FUEL=POWER...modding exhaust help you to get power when u need for speed at that specific pedalling moment..in short, it means throttle response is better... you can modify one by one..no problem...it is even better to modify one by one to feel the effect of each of every item... But, disadvantange is you pay more in installation fee ler...just my 2 cents..

if u r seeking for pure performance.... exhaust setup is the last thing u will do in ur modding plan.. cause the increament of piping diameter for undercariage pipe and extractor needs the compression ratio of ur engine to get the best setting.. once u have mod ur engine, the compression ratio sure differs from stock reading... so if u do ur exhaust setup first.. u might end up getting a new setting after modding engine...

ok lah last question, i want to mod my exhaust system,but i want to touch cat and muffler only. piping and extractor leave to stock. my 1st Q is.. by modding this 2 will effect the FC? means increase the FC? the 2nd Q is.. the FC for modded exhaust system is slightly higher than stock exhaust system? please answer my last question. hehe thanks

Last edited:
If you're afraid of FC getting slightly higher then dont mod anything! It'll just attract your right foot to step harder on the pedal some of the times.

Hehehh.. Actually about the FC thing quite hard to say la dude.. If you want your best fc of ur car, maintain it well .. dont mod . You'll get the best fc .. I'm not being sarcastic this time man..

last question (dont be mad ahh,noob here)..
changing extractor and replace cat with bullet,does this effect FC..
more fuel consumption or less?
hehehe

Everyone has different style of driving...If you say u drive just 70-80, doesnt mean you are not high revving all the way to reach that range rite? So, modding exhaust is like what nitrus said, it attracts ur right foot to pedal more...think bout it dude...FC no change one..but your right foot does matter...

if u scare FC high,my advise...don't mod ur car......just leave it stock.....
more power = high FC
less power = low FC
my 2cent

shfish said:
Nitrus, wat happen at Ah Lai's shop. Was thinking of going there to do my center bullet.

Sorry for the late reply.

Lol .. That fool conned me last time when i was a major noob in car modifications. And now when i think back, every single minute or inquiry of mine he'll do his best to raise the price of whatever i ask, that bastard.

I can recommend u another place, he's honest and his workmanship is great. PM me for the place yeapz!

FC FC this thing not only related to EXHAUST MODIFICATION

my LMST i tune idling RPM meter 1300 b4.......full tank 350km only
then i tune back idling RPM 800 full tanks reaching 500km

actually modding exhaust won't affect the FC so much.....in otherway round it helps to improve fc also......or even no improvement of FC u get the power FREE

just like got power u put little pressure on the GAS pedal can move liao...no need floor it hard.

I need some recommendations on where to go and get my exhaust done....
Hmmm can i just take out my CAT, change piping diameter (ori route) and change muffler first - then later maybe 2 months later than only change my extractor?
advisable?

Top Bottom