Optimum and Alien products

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I second that... Somehow till now, I still couldn't find the logic behind detailien's free clinics... It seems that they are generous to share knowledge. :biggrin:. Well the only thiings I can think of is that they are passion instead of profit driven.
Generous to share knowledge I'm sure in the hope that you will reciprocate that in supporting his business, but will have no hard feelings if you don't.

There is nothing wrong with that and is a good business model and he does it for a living from what I have heard so its fair that he follows and promotes his business model. Anybody who leaches on anybody else also wouldn't like it either.

But they way you made your statement makes you sound slightly naive (which I don't think was your intention) about passion instead of profit driven. Its always profit driven if its done for a living. Unless you are a pure DIY enthusiast like me who does it just because we like it.

We also don't have many pics to share except for our own cars that we did. But if you followed my posts in AW you will be able to see my cars that I did with DG, OC2.0 and Mirka and my homemade wax.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Hahaha...you need to dig up old posts of mine for any of my 'show'. Cuz after the initial sanding, leveling and polishing, what follows are just my maintenance routine. The rest are just testing and trying out new stuffs to keep up with the craze. My latest 'serious' detail is about a year ago when I bought a new ride, went for the whole monte and protect with a glass coat. Took me 3 whole days to finish her....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Chery Eastar. What a big car @.@ Patut pun 3 days. Looks very glossy and wet!

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Generous to share knowledge I'm sure in the hope that you will reciprocate that in supporting his business, but will have no hard feelings if you don't.

There is nothing wrong with that and is a good business model and he does it for a living from what I have heard so its fair that he follows and promotes his business model. Anybody who leaches on anybody else also wouldn't like it either.

But they way you made your statement makes you sound slightly naive (which I don't think was your intention) about passion instead of profit driven. Its always profit driven if its done for a living. Unless you are a pure DIY enthusiast like me who does it just because we like it.

We also don't have many pics to share except for our own cars that we did. But if you followed my posts in AW you will be able to see my cars that I did with DG, OC2.0 and Mirka and my homemade wax.
I fully agree but it's not all about the profit either.... We all started on this journey the same way..... As passionate detailers. If you're not passionate about it in some way or other, it's not going to last.

jonlsl.... I do appreciate your forthright and balanced comments. Thanks.

Hahaha...you need to dig up old posts of mine for any of my 'show'. Cuz after the initial sanding, leveling and polishing, what follows are just my maintenance routine. The rest are just testing and trying out new stuffs to keep up with the craze. My latest 'serious' detail is about a year ago when I bought a new ride, went for the whole monte and protect with a glass coat. Took me 3 whole days to finish her....

The hardcore detailer has spoken!!!

Looks awesomely flat!

Anyway, with all this talk about brands, products, etc.... I figured I should post something just for the information of those wanting to start out detailing. Do check it out and please do contribute something productive to help others get started in their own detailing journey....

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/412706-detailing-how-to-get-started.html#post1064018102

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
hhrrmmm....looking at those pictures again.....the car looked a bit like it's been photoshopped if compared against the surrounding....hehehe....sometimes pictures can be sooooo misleading.....

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
There seems to be no free lunch out there... All those detailing clinics (or even hospital :rofl:) out there has an agenda in the end. They would only showcase their own products and their own system - who wouldn't if they are selling it? Duh I say. So most of them are biased in a way. How many people out there would do an unbiased detailing class or show how it is being done? Such thing would usually only happen in some detailing groups where people openly and freely discuss techniques, products, tools and even have a great time together. ZTH detailing forum is pretty much being driven one direction from what I see. Even Mike Phillips from Autogeek would have to showcase the products that Autogeek sells.

Oh yeah, one thing for sure I just realized our very own real deal detailing expert and guru Darren Chang has written several unbiased detailing articles in "The Star" newspaper and his articles are available online for FREE in The Star motoring section. Just search his name and all his articles are within reach. Here are some:
Art of the wash - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides
For that glossy look - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides
SearchGeneral - Star Motoring - Car news, reviews, previews, classifieds, price guides

Noticed that bro Darren did not even focus on an ultimate/god like product brand to use. The understanding of the problem in detail, techniques, tools to use, etc is paramount. :adore:
Indeed I personally respect Darren for his masterpieces but he keeps his secrets so tight that he didn't even share how to use a power tool(sander,polisher...etc), chemical he uses(secret recipe as in KFC) & his kungfu detailing techniques(no pictures or videos during the process). He only shows mostly after pictures of his masterpieces but not the pictures during the process. I guess it must be top secret. I can't blame him though, its his business and secret. He probably won't even teach anyone personally or conduct detailing clinic/workshop because he keep most of his secrets under lock and key.

If Darren were to make a detailing classroom similar to Autogeek & be Mike Phillips of Malaysia, then it will be a blast! Unfortunately I think he don't have the time. Even on a weekend.

Not trying to step on Darren but its just what I think.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Hi guys,

We all share the same interest which is car detailing, so there is no need especially for some members to purposely register a new account to bash other people here. The weather is hot enough nowadays, let's make peace not war :)

To thread starter,

Has kc2 answered all your questions in the 1st post? If yes then there is no need for this thread to go on, do PM me if you need anymore clarification and I will reopen this thread for you.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.