Optimum High Gloss Coat : Honda City used, abused, resurrected.

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL

Its rather hard to describe this car. But imagine this, you walk into a used car lot having only 1 thought to buy a white Honda City that is within your budget, this one was there, without thinking too much you buy the car. After coming home with the car, you start to realize there is lots of stains, lots of dirt, different tone on the white, swirls everywhere. Now you feel the <Buyer Remorse Syndrome> , but fear not because you know this guy that could sort you out. So, now you get the idea? Lets begin then.

For starts, we see swirls.

Stained paint if you look at the corners.

More stains and swirls.

More discovery on the paint damages.

Most of these are caused by long exposure of acid rains and also lack of maintenance.

A clearer image of the swirls can be seen when we did a sun shot.

Similar conditions appears all over the car, so now you get the idea of what we are facing.

Rain stains or acid rains stains are visible on these common areas.

The typical day-to-day bird dropping splatter.

The mini dots you see are tar stains, but in this picture we can see, tar stains rain stains on the paint and also near to no reflection on the bumper.

The door handle area are also covered in fingernail scratches.

Over the years, dirt will build up in areas like these.

You might notice we always say that the area behind the fuel door is the dirtiest place around the car, this would be next level.

With a combination of an unknown adhesive.

The area was also stained with dirt from rain water.

Let us be straightforward with you guys , don't get us wrong, we love these type of cars because its the foundation of our business and this is the perfect car to showcase what we can do and to what extend we can restore a beat up ride. So check this out.
Before Fuel Door area.

After much detailing. Close to new?

After many hours of just cleaning, it was almost evening. Gloss can finally start to surface after alot of claybar action.

Lets look at the paint restoration. This is Before.

After paint restoration. Its common to see small little dots around the light on solid colour paints.

Surface restore to a near swirl free condition.

On other areas.

Pardon the wiping marks as its getting late and surface condensation is happening. Its rather hard to dry the surface for the photo.

The entire process took us right about 16hours in the span of 2 days. But it was definitely worth it when the car is restored to such a glossy and reflective state. Now that is what we call a Resurrection!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello fellow DIY maestros...

Ok, here is my current mission, I wanna DIY a HU installation.

I have one Sony CD HU, which i intend to install into my wira... I have already removed the wira's cassette deck...

but now i realised that the wira's clarion double din doesn't have any description of the wiring codes... i managed to isolate the other socket, which are all the wires to the speakers.

so now left is the 2nd socket, which is the power source wiring. So, i was hoping that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience